Pick the worst character to make a lord

CyberController

Serious answer though, Shinon.

An openly racist character in a game all about racial tensions and fixing race relations.

A character who undergoes zero personal growth, with massive flaws.

A character who is abrasive to everyone at all times.

An archer in a game in which archers are bad (aka most games). 

Edited by Etheus

Tharja. The whole story would revolve towards her obsession with Robin and she acting creepy. 

On 12/25/2019 at 5:19 PM, CyberController said:

Hmmmm.....maybe a Fates AU. Felicia goes to check on her master, but they've been kidnapped by an unknown force. Felicia has to go rescue them from Valla, and not trip over her own feet while doing so.

My first thought was Felicia or Sumia. They are clumsy and airheaded af. The story would turn  comedy 

Edited by Mylady

Everytime I try to think of a character, I end up actually wanting to play the game they'd star in, even if it wouldn't be very fitting for Fire Emblem.

Like, Kellam probably couldn't inspire people to join his side to save, but as a stealth game revolving around hiding in plain sight? Sign me up!

Miriel would be more interested in leading research projects than an army, but resource managing a team of scientists is a solid premise that I'd be interested in playing.

Kamui being the protagonist of Fates, were he would probably be more interested in which side pays more and freaking out over being able to transform into a dragon would be hilarious to see.

Arthur would have to deal with a boatload of bad luck, but as frustratingly hilarious as the game could be, a Fire Emblem game about being a badass normal superhero could bring some unique elements to the table.

Really, the only boring games would have the flirtatious characters or "obsessed with one character" units, and even those have the potential to be interesting with a good set-up.

As Fire Brand has said, if you're strictly interpreting the topic question to mean, "Worst character to place into the role of a Fire Emblem Lord in their current state", then the Lenster troops you play, who have no dialogue besides their death / escape quotes (correct me if I'm wrong on that), are likely the winning choices. Thracia 776 in general probably has the worst characters to make Lords simply because a lot of the characters aren't Noble or knighted, and many of the side characters simply don't have very much development, even excluding that rare feat of having cast members who say nothing at all throughout the game's story. That being said, Thracia also has some of the best choices for Lords, in spinoffs, or just a remake of Thracia itself from a new perspective, much like how Blazing Blade has Eliwood and Hector modes. Though this may risk causing a huge retcon, having a game about Eyvel prior to being turned to stone could be interesting, or you could expand the Thracia story and make Finn the star of the show. Thracia 776 was really, really good in terms of gameplay, but all over the place in many other regards. I would really like to see this game revisited by Nintendo in the future.

If we're interpreting the topic question loosely, I'd pick Septimus because you could develop an entire title around evading detection by wildlife, justifying your own cowardice and lack of leadership to Zelgius, all while surviving as long as possible. The final boss is a court martial.

OR, you could make a Septimus spinoff game where you open up a zoo.

2 minutes ago, A Bard Named Wilhelm said:

Emphasis on MOST of the time. I think the 3rd tier classes really helps archer balance in FE, which is typically skewed against them unless they can use other weapons lol

Except he stated that archers are bad in RD too.

7 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

RD Shinon is nowhere near bad though.

Just now, NinjaMonkey said:

Except he stated that archers are bad in RD too.

I was primarily referring to Path of Radiance. The game where Shinon's personality would more directly clash with the story and themes and the game in which he is a mediocre unit.

I'm fully aware that Shinon is pretty good in Radiant Dawn. Not archers as a whole. Just Shinon. (As much as I personally enjoy using Leonardo).