Weirdest support?

CyberController

Don't know if they qualify as weird, or just simply unusual, or weird/unusual for FE, or something; but I would consider the HenryxSumia and SoleilxOphelia ones, mostly because of them involving Body Swap.

4 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Dorcas/Vaida, a support that precisely no one is going to get through normal play. It's kinda funny, in a cosmic sorta way.

That is... wow that is strange. Definitely weird but i can think of 1 support that are even weirder. Devdan and Nadved's supports with Largo. Devdan is a really strange guy, and all his supports and lines are super weird, he freaks out Nephenee by forcing her to smile and apparantly is not the same person as Danved. But the largo support, with his puppet and all that is just, really odd.

https://serenesforest.net/path-of-radiance/scripts/supports/devdan-largo/

On 12/25/2019 at 4:38 PM, CyberController said:

I find it incredibly hilarious that Byleth can marry Sothis. This must mean everyone thinks that Byleth is a crazy person in love with her imaginary friend.

I find hilarious too. I wonder if this is the developers  comment on waifus. 

Percy x female Corrin S rank is bizarre. He says he always wanted to ride a dragon lmao

A very strange support in my opinion is the one between Renault and Bartre. It's also one of the best written and funniest supports in the franchise, which is a plus. 

14 hours ago, CyberController said:

Come on, she’s technically an adult.

Elise is 14/15 yrs old in the Japanese version, and maybe 16 yrs old in the NA version. The legal age for an adult is 18. She is not technically an adult. She is still a teenager. 

I wouldn't consider the Elise X M!Corrin support anything other than low key incest; same goes for the rest of the royal family. "Weird" is too nice of a label here. 

2 hours ago, Mukmuk said:

Elise is 14/15 yrs old in the Japanese version, and maybe 16 yrs old in the NA version. The legal age for an adult is 18. She is not technically an adult. She is still a teenager. 

18 for most of Earth... but that ain't meaning it has to be for Nohr as well. In fact, teenagehood wasn't even a thing back in the times FE is meant to emulate. You were a child, then an adult. 14-16 was usually the age range you were already considered an adult. "Technically an Adult" is true and a wink to the fact they don't operate like we do, since the line is localization only, if I recall correctly.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

18 for most of Earth... but that ain't meaning it has to be for Nohr as well. In fact, teenagehood wasn't even a thing back in the times FE is meant to emulate. You were a child, then an adult. 14-16 was usually the age range you were already considered an adult. "Technically an Adult" is true and a wink to the fact they don't operate like we do, since the line is localization only, if I recall correctly.

And yet FE very much operates on modern-day morality and viewpoints and expects you to experience and view the games with a modern perspective. The series can't have it both ways. 

2 minutes ago, Fire Brand said:

And yet FE very much operates on modern-day morality and viewpoints and expects you to experience and view the games with a modern perspective. The series can't have it both ways. 

In a way, it can, actually. Since they're all fictional worlds. They can chose what to take from the modern real world, what to make accurate to the time period, or what to mix it up.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

18 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In a way, it can, actually. Since they're all fictional worlds. They can chose what to take from the modern real world, what to make accurate to the time period, or what to mix it up.

@Fire Brand’s argument is my perspective here. Taking your argument into account however; sure, Elise may considered an adult in the Fates universe. However, when we’re looking at the original topic, Corrin X Elise (first brought up by @spiderbrush), just because Nohr views her as an adult doesn’t mean the rest of the world does. Most people see an 18 year old marrying a 15 year old, a teenager, who is part of his adoptive family.  Just because Fates makes it OK doesn’t mean it’s OK. And stuff like this will never be OK. 

55 minutes ago, Mukmuk said:

@Fire Brand’s argument is my perspective here. Taking your argument into account however; sure, Elise may considered an adult in the Fates universe. However, when we’re looking at the original topic, Corrin X Elise (first brought up by @spiderbrush), just because Nohr views her as an adult doesn’t mean the rest of the world does. Most people see an 18 year old marrying a 15 year old, a teenager, who is part of his adoptive family.  Just because Fates makes it OK doesn’t mean it’s OK. And stuff like this will never be OK. 

My point never was if it was okay or not. Just that these restrictions and rules were defined, they aren't objective in nature. I don't really see it okay either... but it's no sleep lost on me if a fictional world has it different. More so when there was real life precedent. It wouldn't stop me from pairing them if I chose to. Although, I don't own Fates and CorrinxElise wouldn't be my first choice either; but that's neither here nor there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hector/Florina. I know that FEH basically went out of its way to spell out that Florina isn't as young as she looks. But there's still the issue that it just doesn't feel like a romantic pairing; an issue that's only highlighted by their lack of interaction in the main story. And that, too me, makes them hooking up come out of nowhere. Not to mention, Hector basically personifies everything Florina is afraid of about men. I could see them becoming friends, but that's it. Not marrying.

I feel Sothis is kind of a joke, by the context and she's named "???" despite Byleth knew who she is. Or asking you put the ring on yourself.

And I still don't know how she's even existing or coming back to Byleth in Crimson Flower, especially if you killed all her family.

Rhea one is very Greek mythological inspired ending, with strong theme of fate and irony, like how she basically admit it's an incest.

but it also completes her story and character arc, if they can overlook their blood relationship, it's kind sweet that they accepted each other for what they really are.

Edited by Timlugia

I'm gonna count TMS's side stories as supports for this topic. . .solely to plug Yashiro's first one.  It's weirdly outlandish for someone as serious as Yashiro, and it's hilarious when taken at face value.

I don't know about weirdest, but Chrom x Sumia is profoundly odd for how boring and underdeveloped it is. The game clearly pushes Sumia as the canon love interest, but they have zero chemistry and a throwaway support chain about food (Awakening's go-to topic for supports they didn't know what to do with).

Hm.. for a different sort of weird, I'd have to say Largo and Muarim from Path of Radiance. 

In this case, it's weird in a good way. Largo comments on the size of Muarim's muscles and wants to see who's stronger: himself or Muarim, leading to a truly hilarious weightlifting competition that ends in a draw because they don't know which is heavier: a ham, or Mist.

…It's really weird, but that's kind-of the charm of it: it's extremely lighthearted and even heartwarming when you consider that it's one of the few (if not only) support conversations between a Beorc and a Laguz where the subject of Beorc & Laguz isn't brought up at all.

If I were put in charge of adapting Path of Radiance's story into an anime or something like, this support is something I'd not only keep, but expand upon. 

Edited by vanguard333