Anything Happening for New Years?

XRay

Do you have your New Year's resolutions yet? Are you guys doing anything to celebrate?

I do not have any resolutions and I do not have any plans to celebrate it.

I am forced every New Year's day by my dad to eat tamales and black eyed peas for breakfast.   I am just praying that I can get my mom to get real tamales and not the horrid canned ones that make me sick.  

Yep, my biggest New Year's resolution is to get my driver's license and a car at last!

I also want to fly somewhere again for the first time in about two years. I'm craving it and I don't think I've actually gone this long without flying before. I love traveling and flying is my favorite way to do that!

As for New Year's itself, I don't really celebrate it, because I just never felt the need to. But I would like to cook lobster this year because last year I got to have some and it was SO GOOD. I don't care how expensive lobster tends to be, it was just too damn good. XD

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

But I would like to cook lobster this year because last year I got to have some and it was SO GOOD. I don't care how expensive lobster tends to be, it was just too damn good. XD

I'd like a good lobster bisque. 😉 j/k

I'll probably get started on building gunplas again, if I get the space for them. Otherwise, I'll be building a backlog my Switch game library.

Gonna attend a party at my friends', and I'm 100% sure there is gonna be alcohol involved, but since I'm kinda weak to it (which means sometimes even just one beer makes me sick for the next day) I guess I'll just play Smash with the others who don't like drinking? I don't know, it's gonna be a geek party and a regular house-party at the same time, with a lot of people invited, so I don't expect I will get bored, whatever will happen.

As for a resolution, going back to sports. I had such a shit term this fall, I literally couldn't go to any of my trainings, which kinda hurts since I've been doing Aikido for almost 16 years now... Also, hitting the gym (on a regular basis, not just every once in a while) is another thing I will try to do. Other than that, studying harder, reading more etc.... The stuff I always plan on doing, and actually succeed at, even if only I only get better at them just a little bit every term.

6 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I am forced every New Year's day by my dad to eat tamales and black eyed peas for breakfast.   I am just praying that I can get my mom to get real tamales and not the horrid canned ones that make me sick.  

I ate canned tamales a few times. They are not that bad in my opinion, but I honestly do not see the point in eating them when I can just get frozen tamales in the freezer aisle or go to a Mexican restaurant to order some fresh ones. Even the frozen tamales taste so much better than the canned ones.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I ate canned tamales a few times. They are not that bad in my opinion, but I honestly do not see the point in eating them when I can just get frozen tamales in the freezer aisle or go to a Mexican restaurant to order some fresh ones. Even the frozen tamales taste so much better than the canned ones.

I can't eat canned tamales for some reason they tend to make me sick if I eat them, I think it maybe the salt content.  Anyway I hopefully will at least get by the store and get frozen ones for me to eat, though I am really hoping my mom will be nice and get restaurant ones since she doesn't like the canned ones either.  My dad for some reason thinks that canned tamales are luckier then regular tamales, but for me they tend not to be because my bad years have all started with canned tamales instead of fresh ones my good years all started with fresh tamales, not that I really believe that they are lucky.  New Year's traditions can be annoying because they are traditions you "have to" do them even if you would rather not.

42 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I can't eat canned tamales for some reason they tend to make me sick if I eat them, I think it maybe the salt content.  Anyway I hopefully will at least get by the store and get frozen ones for me to eat, though I am really hoping my mom will be nice and get restaurant ones since she doesn't like the canned ones either.  My dad for some reason thinks that canned tamales are luckier then regular tamales, but for me they tend not to be because my bad years have all started with canned tamales instead of fresh ones my good years all started with fresh tamales, not that I really believe that they are lucky.  New Year's traditions can be annoying because they are traditions you "have to" do them even if you would rather not.

That is not a good tradition to continue if it gives you bad luck though and it makes you sick.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

That is not a good tradition to continue if it gives you bad luck though and it makes you sick.

You don't know my dad.  Lucky for me has finally said he won't make me eat the canned ones this time because I told him I won't even if he tries to make me.  My dad is a weird person, New Year's is the only holiday my family does stuff for and because he wants it done he gets it because he makes life misery if it isn't.  I don't mind the tradition as long as the canned tamales stay away from me, sadly my dad is in his 70s and he is to the point he wants what he want and won't compromise.  I had to pull the "if I get sick my blood sugar will go low card" which I don't like to do, but I am glad I was able to do it this time.

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

I had to pull the "if I get sick my blood sugar will go low card" which I don't like to do, but I am glad I was able to do it this time.

I think that is pretty reasonable though. You might not be affected blood sugar wise, but you are being affected health wise. I think it is reasonable to twist the truth in this case to highlight how important your health is.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I think that is pretty reasonable though. You might not be affected blood sugar wise, but you are being affected health wise. I think it is reasonable to twist the truth in this case to highlight how important your health is.

Yeah and I have to be very careful with food.  I have known 5 year olds that are easier to deal with then my dad when he has his heart set on something.  At least I managed to solve my problem for this year since it seems like my mom wants good tamales as well, so I can still eat tamales for New Year's and make my dad happy.