Optimal promotion path for my Morgan?

Riddleflip

So, I just got male Morgan in Awakening. His father is Chrom (cavalier) and my Robin is a dark mage with +Spd/-Str. What promotion path should I go down with Morgan? If further information on his current stats or skills would be helpful, I'd be happy to provide them.

I mean, he isn't getting Luna, because I got Morgan while Chrom was still a wee little cavalier. And I already have a couple of horse units on my team. I only have one mage, that being Robin, since I didn't bother to let Ricken live, Tharja didn't seem too useful and I forgot to even use that one mage lady who gives Vaike his axe at the start of the game. I don't know. I still have Cordelia and her child with Stahl coming along nicely, so maybe I can promote her or Severa into a dark flier.

1 hour ago, Riddleflip said:

I mean, he isn't getting Luna, because I got Morgan while Chrom was still a wee little cavalier.

It doesn't matter what Class Chrom was, he always passes down the same Skill Inheritance - his Male children will always get Rightful King, and his Female Children will always get Aether, I assume to keep you from putting the two together on one Unit to increase Aether activation rates.

Honestly, since Morgan can get any non-Female-locked Class thanks to Robin, you should be just fine promoting to Great Knight, getting Luna, then Second Sealing to the Class you actually want him to use - the extra levels may also help him boost his stats a little more than you would get otherwise. Really, Awakening playthroughs almost always depend on how much time you're willing to put into them.

Since he's -Str, it's probably best for him to favour magic, though Chrom's own modifiers do help negate some of the Str decrease, so it's not out of the realm of possibility to use a physical weapon as a sidearm. I'd probably recommend Dark Mage > Sorcerer > Dark Knight. Another option is to just stay in Sorcerer and reset his level every time it hits 20 and just Nostank.