January Mythic Hero Speculation: Sooo... Seasonals?

daisy jane

December_Legendary_Calendar.png
thanks to the original person who came up with the banner, and to @Maaka for updating it

Celica our newest Legendary is Here, but in a week or so she'll be gone for 120 days (Anchoring April on her lonesome), meaning it's time to play our favourite game...

"What's Coming Up Next?!" 

January is Mythic Hero - Altina was our last hero representing Astra
We currently have 2 Astras, 2 Animas, 2 Lights and 2 Darks, meaning anything goes. With Peony being a Light - maybe we're looking at a Dark Mythic Hero

We've also got all 4 colours open so it could be anything. The Last time we had back to back colours was Eirika: Graceful Resolve and Hrid: Distant Counter Fodder.  Icy Blade So the Chances of it being back to back Green (even if it's a different thing (Mythic v Legendary) is rare, and I'd argue it's probably a colourless unit. (as Peony again is blue and that's back to back blue). 

What makes this month really interesting is - who the hell is going to be on the banner. 
I think it will be easier to go with who will not be on the banner
Fallen Berkut
Picnic Flora 
Summer Lilina 

Bride Tanith
Groom Pent 

Summer Ursula 

That's everyone that was on the Special Heroes Banner (and Berkut has fallen into the "Green Olwen, Mist" boat of "we're 5*'s but not worthy to be on a Legendary Banner." category). I do believe that Double Special Hero Banner was Intsys's way to catch up on their seasonal backlog. The question is -with all Three Houses Lords being on December's banner and no seasonals does this mean that the Special Hero thing is a constant or do we expect seasonals to be on the banner again?

Yes. (to both).  I do expect to see Lukas and Wolt to be on the January banner, I do expect seasonals to be on future banners, but I also think they'll do the seasonal banner thing every few months. I don't see why they wouldn't. 

anyhoo. let's get down to business.

Red:
Legendary Eliwood
is by himself. 
Bride Sigrun, Summer Helbindi are next for red if the hero isn't red. This clears out summer 1 
We also could be looking at Female Byleth or Hubert if they don't do the double seasonal. 

Blue
We've got two Legendaries holding down the spots in Lucina and Ephiriam 
Picnic Lukas should be here. if not we're looking at Petra 

Green
Mythic Yune is here and Legend Hector hold down two of these spots.
Wolt should be here - if not Hilda is anchoring the third spot. 

Colourless
Leif makes his first return since his debut. 
Brave Camilla is the next slated to return and I feel this is where the New Mythic Hero will be. 

I know nothing about a lot of FE Lore - but i'm sure there are some Mythic'y Healer people out there (or dragons). 

The Legendary could also be Red, although if it's the case and seasonals are banned from Legendary/Mythic Banners, the next colorless hero after Camilla is Silque.

Also, still bothers me that Julia is the only one that uses her attacking art, while all the others have their normal art.

19 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The Legendary could also be Red, although if it's the case and seasonals are banned from Legendary/Mythic Banners, the next colorless hero after Camilla is Silque.

Also, still bothers me that Julia is the only one that uses her attacking art, while all the others have their normal art.

I'm not even going to lie - if it's both silque and camilla. I'll be doing some green/colourless pulls

I wonder if we are going to get another one of banners with just Special Heroes in January. If we do I could see P!Lukas, BB!Sigrun, and S!Wolt showing up there. I almost want to predict that we will get all of CYL3's Brave Heroes on the Mythic Banner in a similar vein we got the Three Houses Lords on Celica's banner since there is room for all of them assuming the new Mythic is red or colorless.

Mythic seems like it could be red or colorless this time around. As for characters who I would like to see be the Mythic this time around that could be red or colorless...Anri (Sword), Medeus (Red or Colorless Dragon), Roland (Sword) and Athos (Red Tome) would all be nice to see.

Edited by NSSKG151

With next month having 2 open slots in red and Lif not showing up last month, there's a decent chance they're finally going to drop Lif, especially considering how full red is in March.

Also, with zero seasonal units being on this month's banner and the introduction of the new seasonal rerun banner type, I feel like they're removing seasonals from Legendary and Mythic banners altogether from here on out. Which is a disappointment for me because there's no way in hell I'm going to be splitting my orb budget across yet another banner each month.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With next month having 2 open slots in red and Lif not showing up last month, there's a decent chance they're finally going to drop Lif, especially considering how full red is in March.

Also, with zero seasonal units being on this month's banner and the introduction of the new seasonal rerun banner type, I feel like they're removing seasonals from Legendary and Mythic banners altogether from here on out. Which is a disappointment for me because there's no way in hell I'm going to be splitting my orb budget across yet another banner each month.

I forgot about Lif ( yeah he's totally an option)

FEH is definitely very unpredictable at the moment, and I kinda like it, suspense and all! I was definitely thinking no more seasonals myself, and I was on board with the TH students appearing instead... but y’know, I can see them ditching them all in favor of the brave units! This will be the only time they’ll be able to all run at the ~same time~ until April, and I feel that would be too late for them to appear together for the first time. Besides, we might (hopefully!) get another Hero fest with tickets for the brave units during Golden Week around April, anyway. I know if they do, I’ll be dropping orbs heavily for an eliwood!

anyway, I’m also on Team Lif. It’s now or never for our boy! I do plan on summoning if it’s him. It will be even better if B Alm is there, tooo!

On 12/27/2019 at 10:59 AM, Rinco said:

I think Hel has better chances than Lif, since he's kinda still part of the story going with Thorr and Loki and we know what that does for characters (right Veronica and Bruno?)

January will be Lif so he can show up 4 Months later in May, becaus there is only 1 red Legendary running that month, and usually you have a gap of 3-4 monhts before a Legendary/Mythic is rerun.

February will be a Pair-up Legendary Hero with prolly either Blue or Green color. My bet is Xander as a a green Legendary

March will Usher in Hel as a Green Mythic hero

At least thats my guess and seasonals are prolly done in this banner and will run seperatly on a two-monthly/3-monthly Duo-Hero banner.

I'm guessing we're getting Dark or Anima. Which means I guess we could be getting Lif. Still waiting on my boy Anankos, though~

I guess with the introduction of the Double Special Heroes, Wolt is pretty unlikely to make an appearance this month on the Legendary~

I still need Ephraim and I want Leif, but there's otherwise no one I really need here. Already have 2 Eliwoods, Yune merges would be nice, Hector is okay, Lucy is okay. There's gonna have to be a really good bunch of Colorless cuz I WANT LEIF

On 12/30/2019 at 11:12 PM, Landmaster said:

I'm guessing we're getting Dark or Anima. Which means I guess we could be getting Lif. Still waiting on my boy Anankos, though~

I guess with the introduction of the Double Special Heroes, Wolt is pretty unlikely to make an appearance this month on the Legendary~

I still need Ephraim and I want Leif, but there's otherwise no one I really need here. Already have 2 Eliwoods, Yune merges would be nice, Hector is okay, Lucy is okay. There's gonna have to be a really good bunch of Colorless cuz I WANT LEIF

yeup. 
I have Close Counter all ready for him and everything. 

I keep forgetting about the mythic/legendary banners. XD Ahh, this month really wants to take all my orbs, doesn't it? I already spent a bunch on the New Year banner. I look forward to getting Lif someday, so hopefully I'll have the orbs when he shows up! Whenever that will be...

9 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I keep forgetting about the mythic/legendary banners. XD Ahh, this month really wants to take all my orbs, doesn't it? I already spent a bunch on the New Year banner. I look forward to getting Lif someday, so hopefully I'll have the orbs when he shows up! Whenever that will be...

I also look forward to him as he could be an interesting unit with the damage from Sovaberg(whatever it's name is), a B slot similar to Thrasir (for Atk Def) and open the future from his NY past self. 

Also why is February so stacked with only two non-Legendary/Mythics?

I sort of feel like the double seasonal banner may have been either a one-time thing or will at least be a rarity. Considering that Edelgard and Dmitri were part of this month's voting gauntlet and both showed up on the legendary banner, and Claude was also on the legendary banner alongside them even though he wasn't part of the gauntlet, it's possible that they just wanted to stuff the 3H lords onto this month's banner and didn't want to backlog the seasonal units even more. This could've just been an exception.

That said, if seasonal units don't show up on the January banner I'll start worrying about whether they're being completely dropped from legendary/mythic banners entirely. But for the time being, I feel like they just wanted to showcase all three of the 3H lords at the same time but also wanted to relieve the seasonal backlog a bit. Considering that the two red and blue units on that seasonal banner hadn't debuted on a legendary/mythic yet, while green was two repeats and colorless had Ursula with a repeat, I'm assuming this is the case for now.

As for who our next mythic hero will be ... who knows. Lif and Hel would make too much sense, which is why I could totally see IS not go with either of them.

Huh, I didn't know there was something that listed certain skills as enemy exclusive. Is it just a flag in the data?

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, SockPuppet said:
  Hide contents

Yay Lif is finally in!! I will definitely go hard for him. I’m glad this new heroes batch aren’t tempting me. 

That leaves two spots in colorless. Hmm... I wonder who they can be!

Spoiler

If we have Seasonals, it should be Brave Camilla and Dancer Nephenee.

If we do not have Seasonals, it's Brave Camilla and Silque.

Spoiler

It really was just a matter of time before Lif showed up, I knew he'd be here! I'm guessing Hel will be in May's banner then. Lif's delay suggests IS wants to space the OCs out a little.

This means the only "Farfetched 2019" Heroes left are Jill and Nils, correct?

Edited by DefyingFates

Spoiler

I wonder what type of team Líf would fit, since i expect him to be defensive.

His sword deals 20 damage to the closest ally within 3 spaces. So basically, to make him work, you will need a unit that can trigger an effect when is damaged, or a low HP ally that can enter in WoM, so he can move, a dancer warp to him and dance him, and he moves again?

But if you consider only his sword to trigger ally's WoM, this ally need to have at max 40 HP, which is not that easy to get in AR.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wonder what type of team Líf would fit, since i expect him to be defensive.

His sword deals 20 damage to the closest ally within 3 spaces. So basically, to make him work, you will need a unit that can trigger an effect when is damaged, or a low HP ally that can enter in WoM, so he can move, a dancer warp to him and dance him, and he moves again?

But if you consider only his sword to trigger ally's WoM, this ally need to have at max 40 HP, which is not that easy to get in AR.

Spoiler

If the nearest ally is a dancer with Escape Route instead, that dancer can now warp to anyone on the map without having to battle at all, so there's that too.

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:
  Hide contents

If the nearest ally is a dancer with Escape Route instead, that dancer can now warp to anyone on the map without having to battle at all, so there's that too.

Spoiler

Oh, that's true. There are some dancers that have 35 HP or less, so with one Mythic Hero they can be in 40 HP or below. If the team has two Mythics, or maybe the dancers has a refined weapon, too bad. The player can also use a non blessed dancers, but it will hurt the lift loss.