Special Heroes: Renewed Spirit

NSSKG151

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Okay. 
really. really. really. really. really want Alfonse/Sharena. 

I have to remember NY's is usually a month thus we'll more than likely get the Mythic lineup and i can make my decision then). 

Looks like it won't end until 2/6, so maybe even the Valentine's banner.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Looks like it won't end until 2/6, so maybe even the Valentine's banner.

Even better

I need to be on orb lock down for Azura/Sothis in Feb. (and ignore Elincia's banner).  but Alfonse and Sharena will have a very welcome spot in my barracks. (I kinda Low Key want Anna as well. I might be one of the 3 people on this planet who likes coloured weapons and she's adorable as well. but if i had to choose one it's the Duo pair). 

Oh mah gawwwwd I'm so surprised... and stuff and things...

...anyway, I need Selkie so I can give her loves and pats and things twice as good.
Maybe not +10 her again, but I'd be willing to dip to try and get her at least a merge if the initial copy of her I get is crummy. Otherwise... I mean, the others are neat, but Selkie.

Edited by Xenomata

Hmmm...can't help but notice Anna's base skillset is kind of lackluster compared to the other three though that just might be due to me never using Sabotaging skills before. I wonder if she should keep Fortune Bow or if I should go for a more offensive build and give Anna a Slaying/Short Bow or even a Waxcandle Bow instead.

Sigh...gonna be a long week for me of waiting for the banner to come out.

15 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Quick, act surprised everyone!

Obvious joke aside, this banner still merely elicits a big ol’ yawn from me. I just want my complete Celica Emblem and possibly a Dimitri that isn’t +Res/-Atk. Oh well, at least I got him.

good luck with that
I nabbed Dimitri, mine is +res too.  not really in the mood of fighting between Nagas to get another one. i figure if he wants to Free Pull Himself to me or have a Hero W/Banner with Sirius or Percival, ill try to get another one then. (because Sirius would be instant food lol)

Good luck w/celica. I haven't played with mine yet but i intend to have some fun. 

2 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Hmmm...can't help but notice Anna's base skillset is kind of lackluster compared to the other three though that just might be due to me never using Sabotaging skills before. I wonder if she should keep Fortune Bow or if I should go for a more offensive build and give Anna a Slaying/Short Bow or even a Waxcandle Bow instead.

Sigh...gonna be a long week for me of waiting for the banner to come out.

If you gave her Candlewax Bow and Fury she'd be rocking some monster Res stats and speed stats (still allowing you to sabotage people). and then smashing them with Glacies to the face

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Duo Alfonse is a must. Does that mean I'll get him? Not necessarily, definitely going to try for him though. I said very few things would tempt me to spend orbs, this is one of them.

good luck my friend. 
honestly i just want -spd + atk/res/def  (or even neutral). come on game. 

7 minutes ago, Marquess_Ostia said:

Are we going to talk about Distant Ward? Because I feel like we should talk about Distant Ward?

I'm just, kinda trying to pretend it doesn't exist because the sheer fact they powercrept Distant Counter confounds me to my core. Well, I suppose it was going to happen eventually, but it still feels too soon.

Besides that elephant in the room, I like this banner. Anna looks like a good debuffer, Selkie looks like good fodder, Lethe I could care less about, and Alphonse I need simply for that gorgeous art, and also so I can finally have a duo unit. I will be waiting to see who the mythic is/who is on that banner before investing into this banner though. 

15 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

good luck with that
I nabbed Dimitri, mine is +res too.  not really in the mood of fighting between Nagas to get another one. i figure if he wants to Free Pull Himself to me or have a Hero W/Banner with Sirius or Percival, ill try to get another one then. (because Sirius would be instant food lol)

Good luck w/celica. I haven't played with mine yet but i intend to have some fun. 

I’m choosing to blame last month’s off-focus Edelgard for my Dimitri’s misfortune, on account that she happened to get the reverse combination (+Atk/-Res).

And thanks for the luck, of course. Personally, I’m not too fond of my chances after whiffing on Altina but who knows. There’ll at least be plenty of orbs to get in this next week and a half.

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Me too. Though I wonder if this means they're not doing the bundles thing like they did last new years.

i'm not sure
if they did they might do Anna and...Lethe?

I mean last year they had Atk/spd Link & Wrathful Staff available. so Sabo Atk, Def Res + (compared to that) isn't that horrible or game breaking 
they're not going to have the Duo in the pack though.not unless internkun got completely blitzed. 

we got tickets on the NY banner last year too so i am hoping for that as well.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I’m choosing to blame last month’s off-focus Edelgard for my Dimitri’s misfortune, on account that she happened to get the reverse combination (+Atk/-Res).

And thanks for the luck, of course. Personally, I’m not too fond of my chances after whiffing on Altina but who knows. There’ll at least be plenty of orbs to get in this next week and a half.

yeah VG orbs at least. 

21 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

I'm just, kinda trying to pretend it doesn't exist because the sheer fact they powercrept Distant Counter confounds me to my core. Well, I suppose it was going to happen eventually, but it still feels too soon.

Eh, its not a direct powercreep. A lot of units who run DC want to counter any unit that attacks them, not just some of them. Its particularly vital for things like Aether Raids where every attack matters because of the turn limit. Not countering daggers or bows hurts a fair bit. 

Still a nutty skill, but I think its overall more of a sidegrade than an upgrade. Some units, like say Lloyd, don't have the def to make use of counter bows/daggers in the first place love the new skill to kill mages harder. Other units like B.Ike want to counter everything all of the time. 

If they release a ranged unit version that works against swords/lances/axes/beasts and gives +5 Atk/Def though, that one might overall be a straight upgrade given that mages are generally kinda boned against dragons regardless because of adaptive damage and generally having too low of def for +5 to matter, and many archers are lacking res so its not mattering against dragons for them either. 

Edited by TheNiddo

I love how the Tips and Tricks video has Matthew (the narrator/localization guy) calling the NY banner Hoshidan themed to explain the outfits and celebration approach. 😛 

I will try for the Duo, with Anna as my backup! But I won’t commit fully... Hrid first!

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

If you gave her Candlewax Bow and Fury she'd be rocking some monster Res stats and speed stats (still allowing you to sabotage people). and then smashing them with Glacies to the face

Hmmm...maybe, I do have Fury 4 fodder since I don't use Greil and could also give her a Brazen skill in the seal slot. I could go for a double fury build or a double brazen build. Though considering I have so much premium skills saved for this occasion I have been theorybuilding something like...Slaying Bow, Iceberg, Atk/Spd Solo, Special Spiral, Odd or Even Attack Wave and then the Swift Sparrow Seal (when it comes out) and watch her Iceberg everything.

Edited by NSSKG151

I'll do my free summon on gray because colorless beasts are a rare luxury and I like that Selkie wants headpats but the banner itself is a skip. I still need to try and see if I can get that Rigain Celica.

I still wonder why people think Distant Ward is a powercrept version of DC. It is a sidegrade at best, and useless at worst because it is super common to face both physical and magical dmg in a given map and more often than not the ranges of said enemies overlaps so...

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

Hmmm...maybe, I do have Fury 4 fodder since I don't use Greil and could also give her a Brazen skill in the seal slot. I could go for a double fury build or a double brazen build. Though considering I have so much premium skills saved for this occasion I have been theorybuilding something like...Slaying Bow, Iceberg, Atk/Spd Solo, Special Spiral, Odd or Even Attack Wave and then the Swift Sparrow Seal (when it comes out) and watch her Iceberg everything.

honestly. favourites get everything. 
(double fury WITH the brazen is just as mean).

after this anna are you going to save for anther anna?

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

honestly. favourites get everything. 
(double fury WITH the brazen is just as mean).

after this anna are you going to save for anther anna?

Yeah, after this it's back to saving orbs for the next Anna alt though characters like Nyna and Valentian Palla would tempt me.

Edited by NSSKG151

I want Selkie, I want Lethe!  I would want Anna, but they seem to have cheaped out on her which is a shame.  Of course Sharena/Alfonse would be great too, however for me unless we get tickets, I will probably just pull greens, colorless, blues on the free summon circle.