Coming in hot with a project for you guys to hopefully enjoy

A Bard Named Wilhelm

Hello guys; I am DJ Wilhelm, however I adapted my screen name to the theme of SF somewhat.
I'm not a newcomer to Fire Emblem or SF, but I haven't been around in a couple of years. This account has a pretty specific purpose; I was listening to some Fire Emblem music from Holy War, and realized I could probably recreate it in Ableton with my software synths and a TR 626 (or other sampled drum machines). Hence, the purpose of this account.

I don't play video games nearly as much as I used to, and I really stopped playing Fire Emblem games in the 3DS era because I was too immature to appreciate the droves of newcomers to the series (I was salty about the fact we weren't getting mechanical expansions beyond the advances of Radiant Dawn and Thracia 776), but the series has remained my favorite ever since. Part of what prompted me to come here and undertake this effort was the fact I casually picked up Heroes recently.

I took up music in the past year to replace video games as my main hobby, and I started off practicing my singing, then I expanded into studying the nature of musical synthesis, the major / minor scales, and some time keeping.  This led to me picking up Ableton and eventually me buying a Microkorg S. Basically, sound design, singing, and rudimentary music theory are all things I picked up in 2019. I'm currently trying to get better at the piano so I can perform on the keys while I sing, for live audiences, and I'm also writing songs with my band up in Alaska. We have no recordings to share yet. I'm starting college again, after taking some gap time, so this will probably hold true for a hot minute. Maybe on Spring Break?

Thanks for reading my condensed life story from recent times. I hope to have a fruitful quest to recreate songs from Fire Emblem 4

2 hours ago, A Bard Named Wilhelm said:

Thanks for reading my condensed life story from recent times. I hope to have a fruitful quest to recreate songs from Fire Emblem 4

That sounds pretty cool. If you're at all interested in knowing, Fates has some mechanical additions since Radiant Dawn and Three Houses has a plethora of amazing things in it. Echoes might also be worth checking out if there's any lingering interest in rekindling a love of the series.

2 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

That sounds pretty cool. If you're at all interested in knowing, Fates has some mechanical additions since Radiant Dawn and Three Houses has a plethora of amazing things in it. Echoes might also be worth checking out if there's any lingering interest in rekindling a love of the series.

Since 3DS emulation is a thing now I'm playing the Gaiden remake, which has been pleasing to me thus far because it feels rather faithful for the time being.

1 hour ago, A Bard Named Wilhelm said:

Since 3DS emulation is a thing now I'm playing the Gaiden remake, which has been pleasing to me thus far because it feels rather faithful for the time being.

3DS emulation's been a thing for a little while before the Switch was released. I'm glad you're finding it enjoyable.

Welcome to the Forest, DJ Wilhelm!

16 hours ago, A Bard Named Wilhelm said:

Nah, thank you for taking the time to write it.

Have a nice day, enjoy your stay and good luck!