Voting Gauntlet: Kingdom Vs. Empires! (Jan 1st)

Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet: Kingdom Vs. Empires! (Jan 1st)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which army will you support?

• Marth: Royal Altean Duo
    • Hardin: Dark Emperor
    • Dimitri: The Protector
    • Edelgard: The Future
    • Alfonse: Askran Duo
    • Veronica: Brave Princess
    • Chrom: Knight Exalt
    • Walhart: The Conqueror

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta go with Edelgard, my empress.

But if Dimitri beats her I will join his team. I'm not one to hold grudges against characters that beat me in VGs, and all of the 3H lords were lovable and complex.

Edited by GrandeRampel

I'll be going Dmitri.  I find it funny how lopsided this poll is here.

I'm a bit surprised that we've only had two Three Houses banners so far, to be honest.  And only Sothis as a seasonal character.

29 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'll be going Dmitri.  I find it funny how lopsided this poll is here.

I'm a bit surprised that we've only had two Three Houses banners so far, to be honest.  And only Sothis as a seasonal character.

well i do believe next year will be full of 3Hness. 

10 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well i do believe next year will be full of 3Hness. 

Maybe, but after the initial hype has died down, it might cause backlash like against Awakening and Fates.  If had happened in the months right afterwards, I think people would have been more tolerant of it.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe, but after the initial hype has died down, it might cause backlash like against Awakening and Fates.  If had happened in the months right afterwards, I think people would have been more tolerant of it.

well i think they needed to see if they would be popular enough. now they know (and who specifically) then they can include them. nor do i think it would have made sense to do what they did with SOV and basically shoot all their bullets so early either. 

On 12/27/2019 at 8:42 PM, Etheus said:

Edelgard it is. 

Hide contents

For atheism!

If you paid attention to her supports with Manuela, Edelgard isn’t against faith, but rather the church.

Dimitri, cause he’s my husbando, then Veronica, and then Marth. 

I imagine Edelgard and Dimitri will be the biggest groups. And of course they both are up against each other round one.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

There could be some, but I doubt there would be as much as what Awakening and Fates got, as Three Houses at least seems to be loved a lot more. Awakening isn't hated, but still seems to be criticized more, and then Fates is just a controversial mess.

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I feel at least some of the backlash against Awakening and Fates comes from the fact that they already had strong representation at launch and got nearly all of the first year's seasonal alts (and are still in the lead). Even if Awakening and Fates had the same popularity as Three Houses, I think you'd still see less backlash against Three Houses simply due to its currently low representation.

For reference, at launch, the character distribution by game was

• 3 from Heroes (+2 unobtainable)
  • 20 from Akaneia (+3 unobtainable at launch)
  • 11 from Binding Blade (+2 unobtainable at launch)
  • 9 from Blazing Sword (+1 unobtainable at launch)
  • 18 from Awakening (+1 unobtainable at launch)
  • 29 from Fates (+1 unobtainable at launch)

Right before the first non-seasonal Fates banner (Children of Fate + Enduring Love), we had

• 4 from Heroes
  • 29 from Akaneia (+1 seasonal)
  • 17 from Echoes
  • 12 from Jugdral
  • 14 from Binding Blade (+1 CYL)
  • 18 from Blazing Sword (+1 seasonal) (+1 CYL)
  • 9 from The Sacred Stones
  • 10 from Tellius (+1 CYL)
  • 20 from Awakening (+11 seasonal) (+1 CYL)
  • 30 from Fates (+11 seasonal)

Right now we have (normal + seasonal alt + non-seasonal alt)

• 15+19+1 from Heroes
  • 37+7+3 from Akaneia (counting Hardin as a normal character)
  • 24+4+8 from Echoes
  • 30+2+5 from Jugdral
  • 25+1+2 from Binding Blade
  • 22+15+7 from Blazing Sword
  • 18+8+5 from The Sacred Stones
  • 27+15+3 from Tellius (counting Black Knight and Zelgius as separate characters)
  • 35+17+8 from Awakening (counting male and female Morgans and Robins separately and Grimas as their respective Robins)
  • 47+31+11 from Fates (counting male and female Corrins and Kanas separately and Mikoto as a non-seasonal alt)
  • 12+1+0 from Three Houses (counting male and female Byleths separately)

Forgive me if I miscounted anything above. Big numbers are big.

So yeah. Fates is still dominating in every category with Awakening not far behind. Akaneia has more characters represented than Awakening, but much fewer alts. I don't think we should really see any significant backlash against Three Houses in the near future (until they get ahead of The Sacred Stones at the very least).

Edited by Ice Dragon

23 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Edelgard vs Dimitri first round makes me wish we went back to the old Voting Gauntlet model and just have pure popular vote decide. 

Nah. A straight popularity contest would just make the results boring and incredibly predictable. With the multipliers involved the underdog actually has a chance of winning and it makes things a little bit spicier. If you care about the results, of course.

Edited by Luckenzio

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

Edelgard vs Dimitri first round makes me wish we went back to the old Voting Gauntlet model and just have pure popular vote decide. 

If all you care to know is who is the more popular of the two, then the first hour results are already sufficient to find out.

Watching a single side stomp the other side with no hope of catching up (and no free multiplier points) is just boring.

So, the first hour results clearly shows that Edelgard is leading this VG, with 20k votes, followed by Alfonse with 14k.

Then, we have Dimitri (13k), Veronica (10k), Marth (8k), Chrom (5k), Hardin (1k) and Walhart (0,9k).

The ones that deserve to win first round are Marth, Edelgard, Alfonse and Chrom.

I thought that Alfonse would have less support, for being a unit that you can only get in a banner that starts in the same day the event starts, but I was wrong.