Voting Gauntlet: Kingdom Vs. Empires! (Jan 1st)

Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet: Kingdom Vs. Empires! (Jan 1st)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which army will you support?

• Marth: Royal Altean Duo
    • Hardin: Dark Emperor
    • Dimitri: The Protector
    • Edelgard: The Future
    • Alfonse: Askran Duo
    • Veronica: Brave Princess
    • Chrom: Knight Exalt
    • Walhart: The Conqueror

This poll is closed to new votes

I'd trust an in-game VG (hour1 score so no multiplier shenanigans) with a decently large playerbase over polls skewed towards female respondents (which are quite a few of those polls that are cited for Dimitri being that popular).

Only things more reliable imo would be a global poll or CYL itself.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voting Gauntlet is a guaranteed confirmation that one character is more popular than the other. Most of the players, including myself, pick a unit that the player have.

The first match, between Dimitri and Edelgard, I would pick Edelgard because she is the one I have, andI dont have Dimitri. Of course there are players that pick a side based in the characters they like.

Even CYL is not a guaranteed popularity poll, since people is now voting because they think that character deserve more than others, voting in someone that they do not care just to have better rank than someone that could win, or just to troll.

Edit: Mayne the first CYL was kinda a popularity pool, since FEH didn't have launched yet and we didn't have 20+ Awakening alts yet.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Speaking of Marth deserving better, I'm splitting my votes between him and Brom. A character that REALLY deserves it, and another I REALLY want in the game.

I am putting my votes all into Bruno again, because Farfetched just didnt want to happen sadly... Or if he gets released meanwhile i will go for Athos

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Voting Gauntlet is a guaranteed confirmation that one character is more popular than the other. Most of the players, including myself, pick a unit that the player have.

The first match, between Dimitri and Edelgard, I would pick Edelgard because she is the one I have, andI dont have Dimitri. Of course there are players that pick a side based in the characters they like.

You mean the first hour right? Unless you want to take multipliers into account. But I think unit viability and relevance is more important or else Micaiah would not have crushed Ike. 

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

You mean the first hour right? Unless you want to take multipliers into account. But I think unit viability and relevance is more important or else Micaiah would not have crushed Ike. 

Yeah,  unit viability and relevance makes a difference in VG. I do not like Edelgard, but i would had joined her army because i have her in my barracks.... and Micaiah is so fun to play with.

Every single poll is nothing but a data point, vulnerable to the sample it uses (neither FEH players nor Nintendo Dream readers represent anywhere near the entire fanbase), how the question is phrased, and in the case of Voting Gauntlet, competing reasons for joining various teams. CYL will probably be the best poll we ever get (due to being one of the few international ones) and even it won't be perfect, due to its still-biased sample and its vulnerability to vote-stuffing.

I think it's fair to say we don't definitively know the relative popularity of the 3H lords (although at this point I strongly suspect Claude is third), but I wouldn't dismiss any single data point entirely. Edelgard did look good in this VG, there's no question, just like Dimitri has looked good from those polls out of Japan.