Tempest Trials+: Mid-fest Digest! (Jan 3rd 2020)

Diovani Bressan

Got Lethe, Ranulf and Selkie. If the tickets can give me NY!Selkie, I'll have all four colours bonus units. Otherwise I'll just use Leanne for complete beast support.

This TT should turn out way better for me since I have a complete team to start with, Lethe, Ranulf and Selkie, who are all merged with a perfect boon and furthermore a purchased NY!Lethe.

Last TT has been the worst so far because I only had Winter!Jaffar who was not even useful overall.

Well the tickets gave me a NY!Selkie so my team will have both versions of her.  Now if only the tickets will will give me NY!!Lethe or a pity breaker Ranulf/Yarne so I am not forced to use Fae (I don't really like Fae since she pity broke me a long time ago when I was going for someone else) I will be very set.  Otherwise Fae will be my green so that everyone will be transformed from the start because Reyson has been maxed out on HM for a long time.

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Well the tickets gave me a NY!Selkie so my team will have both versions of her.  Now if only the tickets will will give me NY!!Lethe or a pity breaker Ranulf/Yarne so I am not forced to use Fae (I don't really like Fae since she pity broke me a long time ago when I was going for someone else) I will be very set.  Otherwise Fae will be my green so that everyone will be transformed from the start because Reyson has been maxed out on HM for a long time.

Fae is not a bad unit to use, but I understand the feeling of a pity breaker making us very mad. I have this feeling with OG Lucina, that pity broke me last year, in the CYL 2 banner, at 5%. I hate OG Lucina since then.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Fae is not a bad unit to use, but I understand the feeling of a pity breaker making us very mad. I have this feeling with OG Lucina, that pity broke me last year, in the CYL 2 banner, at 5%. I hate OG Lucina since then.

Yeah I know she is decent, but sadly infantry which is the main reason I don't want to use her because she will mostly be dead weight, but sadly I don't have any green cav beasts so she is the only choice.  OG Lucina also pity broke me and I still use M!Marth over her for that reason.  Pity breakers can be nice, but when it is a unit you won't use much and they pity break you when going for a fav then it is annoying.  

I went with NY Hrid, NY Azura, HS Sakura and NY Alfonse on my team.

Oh my GOSH, NY Alfonse literally solos the whole TT. I am doing the second highest difficulty and Hrid and Sakura literally do NOTHING until the boss map. I just move Alfonse up, dance him to get into range or the first target, and his CC/SS allows him to defeat every enemy as they walk up to him. On the last map, Fjorm survives with like 3 HP, and I have Sakura and Hrid do some work on the bottom left enemies, usually an armored hero. Other than that, I feel like I can blast through the 50k in no time.

15 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

I went with NY Hrid, NY Azura, HS Sakura and NY Alfonse on my team.

Oh my GOSH, NY Alfonse literally solos the whole TT. I am doing the second highest difficulty and Hrid and Sakura literally do NOTHING until the boss map. I just move Alfonse up, dance him to get into range or the first target, and his CC/SS allows him to defeat every enemy as they walk up to him. On the last map, Fjorm survives with like 3 HP, and I have Sakura and Hrid do some work on the bottom left enemies, usually an armored hero. Other than that, I feel like I can blast through the 50k in no time.

LOL i know what you mean. I'm running NY Anna, Camilla, Silque and NY Alfonse, and he's like. 
"yeup. i've got this."

i know that TT stats are inflated so i tried doing some infernal (nothing too crazy with seals). Alfonse can handle a huge chunk of those maps too. 
I don't know how Intsys will treat duos regarding legendary vs. seasonal banners. but i think i would want to try to get more copies. 

Been using Lethe/Panne/Ranulf/Reyson so far. Got 5* Eir today, and I'm planning on finally getting NY Selkie tomorrow since that'll be the last of the tickets, so I'll switch her in.

On 12/27/2019 at 1:54 PM, DLNarshen said:

I can't remember the last time I've been able to run a full team of bonus units - once I get Eir, I'll have the entire bottom row.  It has good color balance, but healing might be a problem...

Started off with Julius/Lethe/Selkie/Ranulf, but TT never fails to remind me why I tend not to run melee cavalry in this mode.  Lethe and Ranulf constantly ran into crowds of enemies to get killed early.  Now I'm running Julius/NY!Eir/Selkie/Nagi and seem to be doing a bit better now.

I rushed to get all orbs before the legendary banner ends and arrived to 55k today.

Now trying some fun team combinations for the daily runs. Looks like NY!Eir, NY!Eir and NY!Laegjarn can help Thrasir a lot to set up her B-skill.

Running an unbuilt squad of the three non-seasonal beasts plus Lucius. They're ...not particularly reliable for autobattles, not helped by having multiple blank skill slots and all being unmerged, but I'm accepting the occasional losses in exchange for HM.

Looks like everyone's just talking about which units they're using and here I am disappointed in the story they chose. "Really? That's the best they could come up with?" I am sad. Also, "dude, if you work too hard on a full stomach you'll throw up."

10 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Looks like everyone's just talking about which units they're using and here I am disappointed in the story they chose. "Really? That's the best they could come up with?" I am sad. Also, "dude, if you work too hard on a full stomach you'll throw up."

And you just spoiled the ending to this TT

The good news is that I have multiple ways to run this.

The bad news is that the only one that was viable was original Lethe.  Might train up the other two and have them do a few rounds.

EDIT: Right, rest of the team.  That would be Lethe, Edelgard, Legendary Azura, and Priscilla.  Since Edel and Lethe want to be alone, this team works out pretty well.

Edited by eclipse

On 1/5/2020 at 12:20 PM, Sunwoo said:

And you just spoiled the ending to this TT

I was talking about when you first start it. I haven't seen the ending yet either. 😕 Seriously, you load it and that's what it's about.

46 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I was talking about when you first start it. I haven't seen the ending yet either. 😕 Seriously, you load it and that's what it's about.

It's a joke 😐

Edited by Sunwoo

Gonna miss tearing through Lunatic 7 with NY!Anna having stats likes these...

Spoiler

D1AHoOz.png

Also wow, needed at least 265,000 points to be in top 1000 this time around.

Edited by NSSKG151

I was on holidays for most of the event and no-lifed it enough to get top 5k for the first time ever. Would still need to double my score to get top 1k so glad I didn't bother.

Doesn't quite make up for missing out by under 100 ranks on the Christmas one though. >.< Well, actually if I count the extra HM from fielding a fail beast team (seriously, they failed like a third of the time on level 30 autobattle) instead of my fail-proof Aether dragon team I guess I did make up for it.