is it okay to start my first sacred stones playthrough on difficult mode?

Mob

i'm not new to fire emblem games and have done lunatic playthroughs of three houses and shadow of valentia. i've heard that sacred stones is pretty easy, even without grinding, so would it be better for me to go straight to difficult mode, or should i do a normal playthrough first and a difficult playthrough another time?

If you're able to beat TH on maddening and you're also able to contend with the style of Shadows of Valentia, you absolutely should be able to play through Sacred Stones.  Sacred Stones is basically like a version of Shadows of Valentia with actual thought put into the level design (maybe not necessarily the best level design in the series, but definitely more thought put into them than the simplistic, cookie-cutter designs in Shadows of Valentia).  No combat arts or the like, but that just makes things simpler.

The only thing you might be concerned about is the way in which supports are limited in the GBA games.  You just have to bear in mind that you're gonna be a lot more limited in the amount of supports you can pursue, at least until you reach the post-game where your options open up substantially.

I love Sacred Stones. It's best played without the Tower of Valni, during the main game IMO, especially on hard. I advise that you take Ephraim's route, because the ghost ship is one of the most fun levels in the entire series, especially on hard mode. If you're not new to the series and already beating the other games on increased difficulties, you probably will only have fun if you play the GBA games on hard, anyway. I feel like that's how those games were meant to be enjoyed.

Edited by A Bard Named Wilhelm

11 hours ago, A Bard Named Wilhelm said:

Was that due to Valni, or not? It's been so long since I played the game, man.

Nope.  Enemies just scale that badly.

As for the actual topic. . .this is a single-player game, do what you want.  It's not like the fate of the world will be changed based on your choice of game mode.

12 hours ago, A Bard Named Wilhelm said:

Was that due to Valni, or not? It's been so long since I played the game, man.

You can easily beat the game by giving Seth javelins, using vulneraries when he is low, and throwing him in the middle of enemy armies. 

• 5 months later...