Maybe a FE hack like shadow dragon in GBA?

nizalnir

Hello everyone.

I guess that the title says it all, but I'll make the right question. Is there any GBA hack which I could play the FE Shadow Dragon? I mean, a rom hack that has all things from the NDS game but with GBA portraits, icons, battle sprites, etc. and, of course, playable in a GBA platform. I hope someone could reply me.

Thank you so much.

This is much easier said than done. Many, many people have tried to create FE1(1) remakes in GBAFE. Projects such as Exalted Legacy and GFE1R both had attempted to create ports with their own vision on how FE1 should be rendered in GBA Fire Emblem. However, they have all failed. Creating a polished hack takes time and effort, and the projects ended up burning out and never being released. The only GBA version of FE1 that is playable to completion is a Chinese NESFE compilation that is borderline unplayable due to severe stat inflation. Recreating all the maps and programming all the events takes time. High quality graphics take even longer to draw. Remakes are deceptively difficult to do well. You can throw together a mess covering the first few chapters, but doing the original game justice on the Game Boy Advance is a difficult task. Things like reclassing are not natively part of GBAFE and would need to be coded in, typically in assembly. 

In short: no, there is not.

1 hour ago, Darrman said:

This is much easier said than done. Many, many people have tried to create FE1(1) remakes in GBAFE. Projects such as Exalted Legacy and GFE1R both had attempted to create ports with their own vision on how FE1 should be rendered in GBA Fire Emblem. However, they have all failed. Creating a polished hack takes time and effort, and the projects ended up burning out and never being released. The only GBA version of FE1 that is playable to completion is a Chinese NESFE compilation that is borderline unplayable due to severe stat inflation. Recreating all the maps and programming all the events takes time. High quality graphics take even longer to draw. Remakes are deceptively difficult to do well. You can throw together a mess covering the first few chapters, but doing the original game justice on the Game Boy Advance is a difficult task. Things like reclassing are not natively part of GBAFE and would need to be coded in, typically in assembly. 

In short: no, there is not.

And that's why SRPG Studio is a better platform for remaking FE1(1) than GBAFE hacking

Seriously, though, I'm not really sure of anything substantial you'd gain from playing (if I understand correctly) a faithful recreation of Shadow Dragon, but as a GBA game.  Better graphics?  Those are subjective and shouldn't matter for a game like Fire Emblem.

8 hours ago, Darrman said:

High quality graphics take even longer to draw. Remakes are deceptively difficult to do well.

When it comes to a remake or de-make graphics is what has stopped me most of the time, that and music because I could want a custom battle theme for Camus for instance but I'm not a musician.

Edited by Fates-Blade