What will divine code (part 1) be used for?

Icelerate

Divine codes (part 1) functionality  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will they be used for?

• Give us book 1 units. 
    • Allow us to purchase year 1 seasonal units. 
    • A skill refinery. 
    • Other
  2. 2. What do you want them to be used for?

• Give us book 1 units. 
    • Allow us to purchase year 1 seasonal units. 
    • A skill refinery. 
    • Other

So there are a bunch of theories on Reddit floating around about what it will do. 

1. Give us combat manuals for book 1 units or the units themselves. 

This could allow us to gain more desperation and fury fodder as the pool is constantly getting diluted so it'd be the solution to a diluting pool. This could allow IS to clean up summoning pool and remove book 1 heroes from them such as Oboro, Raigh, Est, etc. because most people, if not everyone, don't want to see defiant skills and seal skills when they summon a hero. 

2. Allow us to purchase year 1 seasonal units. 

This could allow IS to not give us so many reruns especially since few people will want to summon for them. But as a player, why would I really care about the book 1 seasonal units to invest in mythic heroes for Mjolnir's strike? Most have outdated stats, lackluster weapons and skills so it wouldn't be too exciting. 

3. A skill refinery. 

It would be nice to see outdated prf skills like beorc's blessing and warp powder to get a refine to become relevant instead of getting replaced by common skills. But I doubt this is what's going to happen because the name of the item includes part one and why would there be multiple parts to skill refinery? 

I personally want IS to clean the summoning pool because most gen 1 3-4 * units don't have worthwhile fodder while allowing us to straight up shop for the worthwhile fodder in a shop. I don't really care much for year 1 seasonal units so divine codes will only be useful to get H!Henry, bold fighter fodder and close counter fodder. 

I picked other for both options. I do not care about speculation. As for what I want it to do, I want more Barracks space but I doubt it is going to do that.

13 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

2. Allow us to purchase year 1 seasonal units. 

This could allow IS to not give us so many reruns especially since few people will want to summon for them. But as a player, why would I really care about the book 1 seasonal units to invest in mythic heroes for Mjolnir's strike? Most have outdated stats, lackluster weapons and skills so it wouldn't be too exciting. 

I care about them. I want a reliable way of going back to merge my Special Heroes, especially the Dancers/Singers. Having reruns is a good thing in my opinion, as it also give players free summons. I see no reason why we should have less Foci when we could have more.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Probably to clean out the initial units in the summoning pool.  The 5* clean-up was the first step.

Considering a lot of people found the 5* clean up disappointing, I think this is exactly what IS will go for and should go for. 

I think summoning some subset of Book 1 units could make a lot of sense, particularly considering the name. Could be the removed 5* exclusives, could be the common ones now at 3-4*, could be seasonals, could be some combination of them.

I'd like for them to be used to make characters with no merges into a neutral nature.

Of course, I don't think they'll be used for that. I don't want to make any serious guesses on what it'll be for because I'm sure I'll just end up disappointing myself when their actual function is revealed.

33 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'd like for them to be used to make characters with no merges into a neutral nature.

Of course, I don't think they'll be used for that. I don't want to make any serious guesses on what it'll be for because I'm sure I'll just end up disappointing myself when their actual function is revealed.

I would prefer we get to choose our own nature, including neutral and not restricted to characters with no merges. 

36 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think summoning some subset of Book 1 units could make a lot of sense, particularly considering the name. Could be the removed 5* exclusives, could be the common ones now at 3-4*, could be seasonals, could be some combination of them.

I doubt IS will give us access to Hector or even Takumi. I still hunt for Hectors and Takumis to this day so from a financial point of view, it'd be a mistake. 

I can see them being used to unlock new skills on units - with the number corresponding to the book the unit belongs to.  Using divine codes on everyone's favorite red summon Raigh, for example, would unlock something like Res Tactic or Res Opening in his open C-slot, fully unlocked at 4* rarity.  More premium options like Lv. 4 skills and meta/newer skills could be saved for the 5* exclusives, such as Eldigan unlocking the fourth level Fury, or Karel getting Sudden Panic as an alternative B-passive.  It keeps the older 5*s desirable (or at least to serve as greater consolation as pity breakers), and the usual 3-4* riff-raff become (slightly) less disappointing summons.

If they ever give us access to B1 units, I expect the exchange rate to be thru the roof, ie 6 month’s worth of saving up for one copy lol. Unless the game has a sort of tracking system to tell us how many times we have summoned a unit. If we don’t have a Takumi yet, he might be VERY cheap, but if we have summoned 10 of him in the past, regardless if we still have those copies or not, the amount of codes or whatever needed would be high.

10 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

If they ever give us access to B1 units, I expect the exchange rate to be thru the roof, ie 6 month’s worth of saving up for one copy lol. Unless the game has a sort of tracking system to tell us how many times we have summoned a unit. If we don’t have a Takumi yet, he might be VERY cheap, but if we have summoned 10 of him in the past, regardless if we still have those copies or not, the amount of codes or whatever needed would be high.

Heroic Grails track summons, increase price each time, and have a limit on how many you can summon, so they could easily do the same thing here. Grail costs get quite high, and I imagine code prices for summoning a bunch of copies of a rare unit would get even higher.

20 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

i could live with that. 

honestly. i think especially because it's dependant on mythics etc - ie: please get them!
the codes have to be worth something "big" to make it worth it. 
AR is done because grails  and they're putting some great stuff in there now. 

Arena/Ab etc has orbs, dew, feathers

so it has to be something to make it worth the investment.

I'm leaning towards either a new Grail-like mechanic or something to do with skills (because they are paper fragments and books are made of paper).

Also note that they are called "Otherworldly Paper Fragment" in Japanese. Or "Outrealm Paper Fragment".

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm leaning towards either a new Grail-like mechanic or something to do with skills (because they are paper fragments and books are made of paper).

Also note that they are called "Otherworldly Paper Fragment" in Japanese. Or "Outrealm Paper Fragment".

This fits the combat manual theory. Book 1 combat manuals would explain both parts of the name.

If it really is manuals, it could finally offer merges on the original Askr trio - if that's actually something they're willing to allow.

Leaning towards mannuals or skill shop

Or if IS is totally fancy personal exclusiv skills you can unlock on a unit (though i doubt this)

But yeah prolly book1 manuals and they will be revealed in February when they clean out the summoning pool of book1 units (3, 4 and 5 Stars). The weekly summoning banner returns but will have only Book1 units across the board.

Seasonals might fall under this category too

I feel like there is still some level of desirability with seasonals. They could keep them as banner units and people will still try for them. They really should, however, get weapon refines this year. That’ll make them even more desirable if their new weapons make them rejuvenated as units.

I'm crossing my fingers for Skill Refines, since "Code" suggests "recoding" units in some way. I'm still upset we didn't get this back in April, so maybe now? My OG!Eirika would be very happy if she could just upgrade some of her skills to their powercrept versions...

I'd be ecstatic even if it only gave Book1 3-4* units, since the red pool is so horrible I rarely get a chance to pull for Cain/Hinata/Roy for fodder (if the cost went up like the grail shop though, screw that).

I'd also love if it allowed select 5* Book1 units too, since that's the only way I'd try to +10 something like Ninian. The stronger later Book1 units would have to be excluded though, like Bike and others.

6 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Since it's called a divine code, I thought it would have something to do with mythic heroes.

As Ice Dragon mentioned in Japanese they are called "Otherworldly/Outrealm Paper Fragment". Just by this name i think its the Grail equivalent to Special units. And if thats the case then Mjollnirs Strike kinda died for me. Season 1 units are very lackluster

Book 1 manuals would be ideal, but I think it'll be something else, I would love to be able to get merges for characters like ike, but I do think if that's the route they are taking the exclusion of DC and CC fodder is to be expected due to the desirable nature that both have, however if they end up getting powercreeped in the future perhaps they can be added to the common pool, they also could be used to just provide straight merges to old units, which I would like, this would increase viability of most book 1 units if it is the case.

In all honesty I really can't think of much else we could get, I don't think a skill refinery is in the cards though, the necessary restrictions to prevent totally killing parts of the skill system would also be an issue due to it possibly making the ability to inherit 4 skills somewhat overpowered, it would be nice if some prf skills could get some upgrades though.