Berwick Saga 10-1 worth it?

Pathas

I struggled through the chapter with various attempts and cannot figure out a way to manage the chapter without

a) spending a lot of money on vanish/escapestones and rushing to Thor to kill him:

This does not seem to be worth it, as you will need at least two units with vanish/escape stones and the Raze Etoile seems like such a crappy weapon? Hit is not all that great and durability is D

b) taking my time trying to deal with all the dragons on the map and get all the hidden items:

Dealing with the dragons seems like such a pain, when they're confused, 50% of the time they will just attack me again and they're hard to kill (I'm only using Olwen currently and trying to kill them with Sherlock/Chris with magic arrows they're weak to), but the hidden items don't seem to be too great.

Am I missing something/does anyone have a good strategy for tackling this chapter? I thought of stuff like Dean with vengeful and Sherpa with Killing Edge, but they seem too risky and I've already continued with the story, I'm just curious to see whether anyone is playing this game/chapter 😄

Edited by Pathas
correction

Bring mages to fight wyverns - you might notice each of them are weak to different elements. Also, Izerna can tank them with Holy (it has what is essentially vantage at 1-range) - even Thor can be dealt with this way.

If you haven't trained any of Enid, Percy, Izerna or Aegina you're going to have a bad time.

I used the Raze Etoile in conjunction with Volo's Deathmatch, and I can appreciate the exp, items and money given the limited resources in Berwick. But hey, there's an escape point right there if you don't want to fight Thor - you can partake in as much combat as you think is needed and leave.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember exactly what loot you get via hidden items (I believe a Wyvern Pearl at the very least?) but it can be quite useful for crafting. Promoted Czene is really useful for this map, as she has great movement on heights while mounted and in the desert while dismounted.

The most effective and simple way of dealing with Thor is using Pallas Leia with Enid a couple of times, but you don't need to deal with him at all if you don't want to/can't do it with your units. He doesn't even drop anything aside from 99 XP. I believe the Dragoncaller guy on the cliff drops a Vanishstone, so it's just a matter of infiltrating with your preferred sword user and picking the Raze Etoile. You can go for a Vengeful + Crit with Dean too if you feel like trying a bunch of times.

Remember that Light Infantry units (as well as thiefs) don't suffer desert terrain penalties in this game, so as long as you mostly use these kinds of units you can take it pretty quickly, outrange enemies, etc. It's much less of a pain than other desert chapters in FE/Kaga Sagas.