Surprising Roles of Voice Actors

Azure the Scale Tipper

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

He also voices Kamina from Gurren Lagann. Guy was spitting out raw lines since like forever

I still need to watch Gurren Lagann, but considering my track record when it comes to watching shows and that I'm still on part 1 of JoJo, I don't think that's happening soon.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

He did a lot of voices in that game, as he was essentially one of the, like, ten-or-so generic voices in the game.  He also is the male voice for the protagonist - the female voice is Laura Bailey.  Your character's voice in Fallout: New Vegas is Marth or Lucina!  Now I want a mod where I get to liberate the Mojave Wasteland from evil dragons.

Speaking of Laura Bailey, she voices Serana the vampire in Skyrim!

Also Matt Mercer voices McCree in Overwatch and MacCready in Fallout 4.

1 minute ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Could be. I only know about it from a few Youtube comments on Lucahjin's LP of America's Next Top Model for the Wii.

Ah, I see. But damn, I would love an animated Nancy Drew TV series someday. Wish somebody would make that. Netflix would probably do a dang good job. I really like their Inspector Gadget reboot.

Speaking of which, guess who voices Penny in that one? TARA STRONG. VAing goddess imo. She uses her Twilight Sparkle voice from MLP for Penny too, so that also makes me happy since I love MLP. ^^

4 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Mela Lee is also the voice of one of the more notable tsunderes in anime. The second queen of the archetype Rin Tohsaka and she is great.

You mean someone that voices this precious cutie (Tikki):

Spoiler

adrien-agreste-plagg-marinette-dupain-ch

Does a character like this tsundere you're talking about? Wow. XD

Going back on the subject of Miraculous VAs, one of them is in Smash as well. Keith Silverstein aka Simon Belmont from Castlevania who's in Smash Ultimate and the Miraculous antagonist Gabriel/Hawk Moth. 😛

David Vincent voices Richter, Simon's relative too, btw.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Does a character like this tsundere you're talking about? Wow. XD

Yep she certainly does though I will say it's one of her weaker roles(She doesn't do the 'dere' as well as she should. She can do tsun just fine though) Rin is a good girl. Here's a sample if you wanna listen. It also contains Kaiji Tang(Owain's VA) as Archer

Through fate one thing you have to know is that people die when they are killed.

Edited by Ottservia

Petra shares the same English VA with one of the most hated anime characters of 2019. I'm of course talking about none other Myne from Shield Hero.

200px-Portrait_petra_02_fe16.png

"My actress of voice counterpart is what you call a female dog"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjV19ed-__6I62ZpPI8d_

On the bright side Petra also shares the same English VA as Aqua from Konosuba.

ImaginativeSoftCheetah-mobile.jpg

Edited by Cron

Billy Kamtez, the voice actor of the one and only Ferdinand von Aegier also voiced Josuke Higashikta from JoJo Part 4? 

In non-Fire Emblem stuff, Daniel Barker, the voice of Zeke from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 also voiced a Minion from the animated movie of the same name.

16 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Yep she certainly does though I will say it's one of her weaker roles(She doesn't do the 'dere' as well as she should. She can do tsun just fine though) Rin is a good girl. Here's a sample if you wanna listen. It also contains Kaiji Tang(Owain's VA) as Archer

Through fate one thing you have to know is that people die when they are killed.

She has pigtails. Like Severa who's also a tsundere. Is it just me or do a lot of tsunderes have pigtails? What is it with that? xP

And that does sound like Kaiji Tang alright. I don't like Owain though, I like his other FE voice role, Shiro. Shiro's cool. I want Kieran to get Kaiji Tang too! He should sound something like Shiro imo.

The Japanese VA for Kirby, one Makiko Ohmoto, is also the voice actress for Lyn, Nephenee, and Viridi.

More notably though, she is the voice for Sayaka Maizono.

But even MORE importantly, she voices a random dude named Jeff in an anime I've never heard of in my life.

45 minutes ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

This was the first thing that came to mind. I would 100% (even if it's not possible) every Pac-Man game if I could hear this man's voice at every second.

Best I can remember, Pac-Man has had at least two TV series. Perhaps it was for one of them.

Anyway, to give example from this side of Latin America, I give: Mario Castañeda. His most famous and well-known role over here is that of (adult) Goku. At least to me, years and years of hearing him out has made me surprised to know of Castañeda's other roles; and also a laugh.

Like, Castañeda was the Grinch in the Jim Carrey live-action movie, to give an example. It's just hilarious of a comparison, at least to me. More so when Freezer's dub voice did the Whoville Mayor. So for once he got his revenge... even if he still lost at the end, hahaha.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

She has pigtails. Like Severa who's also a tsundere. Is it just me or do a lot of tsunderes have pigtails? What is it with that? xP

It's just a common design element among tsunderes as to why I'm not entirely sure. My theory is that the hairstyle is relatively common among people who are childish/child-like which reflects the more bratty nature of how tsunderes tend to operate though I'm not 100% on that. There are plenty of tsunderes though without twintails like the aforementioned Taiga Aisaka

Image result for taiga aisaka

Red and pink seem to be common colors on these characters as well. I know more about this archetype than I reasonably should but y'know when you watch enough anime. Though if a character has long twintails nine times out of ten they're likely a tsundere.

Edited by Ottservia

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Billy Kamtez, the voice actor of the one and only Ferdinand von Aegier also voiced Josuke Higashikta from JoJo Part 4? 

In non-Fire Emblem stuff, Daniel Barker, the voice of Zeke from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 also voiced a Minion from the animated movie of the same name.

Zeke must have PTSD flashbacks every time he thinks about that.

9 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

It's just a common design element among tsunderes as to why I'm not entirely sure. My theory is that the hairstyle is relatively common among people who are childish/child-like which reflects the more bratty nature of how tsunderes tend to operate though I'm not 100% on that. There are plenty of tsunderes though without twintails like the aforementioned Taiga Aisaka

Image result for taiga aisaka

Red and pink seem to be common colors on these characters as well. I know more about this archetype than I reasonably should but y'know when you watch enough anime. Though if a character has long twintails nine times out of ten they're likely a tsundere.

Huh. Well, I'm not surprised you know this much since you're a Severa fan, honestly. 😛

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I was surprised to learn that the English VA for Tiki is also the English VA for Tikki in Miraculous. She voices two entirely different characters with the exact same name (though slightly different spelling)! lol

On the subject of Tiki, her Japanese voice is Ikue Ōtani, better recognized for voicing Pikachu.

Just now, Light Strategist said:

On the subject of Tiki, her Japanese voice is Ikue Ōtani, better recognized for voicing Pikachu.

Wait her japanese VA is Ikue Otani?! Holy shit she's also the voice of tony tony chopper

1 minute ago, Light Strategist said:

Oh yeah, who wouldn't think of Pikachu when they hear that name? If they know of her VAing roles anyway.

So, has anyone else here besides me watched Miraculous before? Just curious. I was super amazed to find out how many FE VAs were in it. XD And now I sometimes picture Oscar in the Cat Noir suit because of how close Bryce Papenbrook made those two voices. lol

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, who wouldn't think of Pikachu when they hear that name? If they know of her VAing roles anyway.

They're literally the only two I know. And that's because I very occasionally go to the Fire Emblem Wikia if I'm hunting for useful information like growths or units that can be recruited from a map and their conditions. I sometimes get distracted and wind up looking at irrelevant info and that's where I recognized her name from the sheer amount of Pokémon episodes I've seen.

8 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Apparently there were a few Nancy Drew video games where Lani Minella voiced her.

Incidentally, the current VA of Nancy Drew is the same person who voiced Ingrid in 3H!

26 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Incidentally, the current VA of Nancy Drew is the same person who voiced Ingrid in 3H!

Yes, and Ghast's interview with her was the best thing I've seen. My favorite part was that she has a friend irl who's pretty much Sylvain.

9 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

She also does the voice of Dot in the Japanese dub of Animaniacs.

Sigurd shares his VA with Yoshikage Kira from JoJo, Sephiroth from FF7, Griffith in the first Berserk anime, Dumbledore in the Japanese dub of Fantastic Beasts 2, Emmet in the Japanese dub of the Lego Movie, and Japanese John Wick.

Also, how could I forget Takehito Koyasu's (Seteth, Dio, etc) most important role?.....

Poop in the Japanese dub of the Emoji Movie.

Thank you TV Tropes.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Cam Clark has a pretty surprising about of range. His roles cover about everything from a stoic baddas like Kratos, a menacing villain like Liquid, a soft bleeding hard like Corrin or a wacky superhero like Arthur. 

He also sings. He was the singing voice for adult Simba in The Lion King films. 😛 Apparently, even though Matthew Broderick can sing too, he couldn't sing "the Disney way" or some BS like that. I'd have liked to hear him...

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He also sings. He was the singing voice for adult Simba in The Lion King films. 😛 Apparently, even though Matthew Broderick can sing too, he couldn't sing "the Disney way" or some BS like that. I'd have liked to hear him...

Wait, really? As in, the original, theatrically released Lion King? Or the direct-to-DVD sequels?

10 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Wait, really? As in, the original, theatrically released Lion King? Or the direct-to-DVD sequels?

...Oh, I don't know. I would assume all of them. But I'd have to look.

...Ah, it was only in Lion King II. I wonder who did Simba's singing in the first film then?

EDIT: It was some rock singer I never heard of. lol

Edited by Anacybele