Surprising Roles of Voice Actors

Azure the Scale Tipper

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just thought of another funny but cute voice role. Well, one of these is a voice role.

The guy that did this role:

spiderman.jpg

Voiced this little guy:

4227-2.jpg

Yep, Tobey McGuire was playing an adorable beagle puppy in the cute movie Cats & Dogs before becoming Spiderman!

Cats & Dogs, huh? That's a name I haven't heard of in years.

And by "years", I mean the last time I opened my shovelware poll for people tovote for what they want me to play since I own the DS version of Cats & Dogs 2. Never completed it, though.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Cats & Dogs, huh? That's a name I haven't heard of in years.

And by "years", I mean the last time I opened my shovelware poll for people tovote for what they want me to play since I own the DS version of Cats & Dogs 2. Never completed it, though.

I loved the movie! I thought it was super cute and it also helps that beagles are some of my favorite dogs because of how cute they are and how they always look like puppies. They're just the right size for me too, not too big or too small (if a dog is big, I can't handle it because it's too big and strong. I'm a small person. But I tend to not like real small dogs either because they're usually annoying yapper dogs).

Funniest thing is that my point about Maguire being a beagle before Spiderman is quite accurate. lol Cats & Dogs was released the year before that first Maguire Spiderman film. 😛

Cats & Dogs was 2001, the first of that Maguire Spiderman trilogy was 2002! He literally became Spidey one year after being a beagle. lol

On 12/29/2019 at 9:10 PM, Purple Mage said:

Marth, Eliwood, Merric, Ricken, and a Corn voice all have teen Ben Tennyson's voice actor, Yuri Lowenthal.

Who also voiced Haseo in the .hack G.U games and Luke and Asch in Tales of the Abyss. (REPLICAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!)

On 12/29/2019 at 8:07 PM, Anacybele said:

Keith Silverstein aka Simon Belmont from Castlevania who's in Smash Ultimate and the Miraculous antagonist Gabriel/Hawk Moth. 😛

And Saber from Echoes. And Vector the Crocodile

Also since I love Danganronpa, I found out some of the VA's are actually FE members

Spoiler

Shuichi is Sigurd/Clive

Kouichi isn't in FE but he deserves to be (or at least Bede in Pokemon if the new series does get dubbed)

Kaito is Frederick/Valbar/Ryu from street fighter

The OVA version of Monokuma is KOUDA of all people from MHA (my rock princess turned into murder bear) also Game! Monokuma has the same VA as Luthier/Takato from Digimon Tamers

Bernadetta of all people is Maki, the Ultimate Assassin

JP!Rantaro is Marth

Monokid is Hector 

Gonta is Owain/Odin/Narcian/Ignatius

Himiko is Delthea (fitting since she's the Ultimate Magician)

Kirumi is Katarina/Eirka. Also worked on Brawl Taunts way back in the day. 

Korekiyo is Joshua/Morgan

Miu is Veronica, Lyn, Maria and someone else, I forgot

Tenko is Cordelia/Severa

KIIBO is Leon/Naesala/Felix

and finally Tsumugi is Rinea/Mercedes/Lillymon

Also Ken from Digimon is on like 5x the Jojo memes since he's like 5 different people in Japanese/English. Doesn't help he's also Frieza and his digimon partner voiced friking Gregor.

This just got cracky super quick 

2 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

And Saber from Echoes.

Saber??? Fuck! I give my friend so much shit for her Hawkmoth boner but I cant just disown my love for Saber...

Maybe this will at least convince her to get into Fire Emblem.

On 12/29/2019 at 10:10 PM, Purple Mage said:

Marth, Eliwood, Merric, Ricken, and a Corn voice all have teen Ben Tennyson's voice actor, Yuri Lowenthal.

Yuri Lowenthal also voices my personal favorite anime character of all time Sasuke Uchiha.

I love that sad and sadistic boy so much and honestly sometimes I actually prefer his English voice to his Japanese one. Other notable roles of his I really like are Yosuke from Persona 4 and Suzaku from Code Geass.

Edited by Ottservia

• 2 weeks later...

image.jpeg.f3501343fc9aee57944677f4e9c116ff.jpeg

Professor Hanneman....is that you!?

And Saber from Echoes. And Vector the Crocodile

Also Shido from Persona 5. Actually Echoes and Persona 5 seem to have a very great amount of overlap in their voice actors. 
Celica=Futaba
Saber=Shido
Mae=Makoto
Nomah=Corrupt law minister
Jedah=incompetent high school principle.
Rudolf=Sojiro
Tobin=Akecho
Gray=Riyuji

And that's just from the top of my head. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

If you want to hear the true craziness of surprising voice actors, let me introduce you to the Legend of Spyro trilogy.  This reboot of the Spyro the Dragon games into a more story-focused action beat-em-up series really went all out for the VAs with some big name Hollywood actors.

Spyro himself is voiced by Elijah Wood (Frodo Baggins in the live action Lord of the Rings movies)

Spyro's mentor Ignatius is voiced by Gary Oldman (Sirius Black in the Harry Potter movies, also more recently won the Academy Award for Best Actor for playing Winston Churchill last year)

Sparx has three voices throughout the trilogy:  David Spade (Kuzco from The Emperor's New Groove), Billy West (Fry from Futurama), and Wayne Brady (Whose Line is it Anyway?)

Speaking of Spyro the Dragon, shoutout to the old games where half the characters in the first game are voiced by Clancy Brown (Mr. Krabs) and half the characters in the second and third are voiced by Tom Kenny (SpongeBob Squarepants) including Spyro himself.

6 hours ago, The Geek said:

Spyro's mentor Ignatius is voiced by Gary Oldman

It's Ignitus. Remember he's the fire guardian, so he has ignite in his name.

I knew most of these, somehow didn't know Sparx had a different VA for each game.

Cynder in A New Beginning is Cree Summer, who is Susie Carmichael in Rugrats. She also changed her VA for each game.

Comparison:

Capture.pngImage result for rugrats susie

Edited by Dragoncat

I had read only today that Japanese Male Robin's usual voice actor outside of Awakening- Yoshimasa Hosoya- is the same as Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE's Yashiro Tsurugi's. 

Now, I can't help but see Robin singing this:

...wearing only this:

lCOox7C.jpg

🥰

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I had read only today that Japanese Male Robin's usual voice actor outside of Awakening- Yoshimasa Hosoya- is the same as Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE's Yashiro Tsurugi's. 

Now, I can't help but see Robin singing this:

...wearing only this:

lCOox7C.jpg

🥰

Get water.

Anywho, Mike Pollock (voice of Dr Eggman since Sonic X) voiced some characters in the mockbuster Ratatoing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Speaking of Ashen Wolves characters they have impressive roles as wells.

Constance's VA is pretty new. I think she only did Lethe's voice on Heroes and a couple of Barbie animation characters.

Balthus's VA only role is Balthus so far. I seriously thought that was Patrick Seitz doing his voice.

Hapi's VA is known for doing voices of mostly anime female characters that are 16 or younger. But I think she has a few other roles with characters that are in their late teens to adults as well. Become Meguca Hapi.

Edited by Cron

11 minutes ago, Cron said:

Balthus's VA only role is Balthus so far. I seriously thought that was Patrick Seitz doing his voice.

Huh, he's new to the industry! Good for him!

On 2/20/2020 at 9:53 PM, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

For the entire GameCube Era, Jen Tailor, famous for her role as Cortana in the Halo franchise, voiced Princess Peach, Toad, and Toadsworth.

She was also Salem in RWBY!

Rick May voiced Peppy Hare from Star Fox, Dr. M from Sky Cooper, and, most notably, the Soldier from TF2. All pretty different characters.

Unfortunately, he passed away earlier this week due to the coronavirus. May he rest in peace.