How to get blitzkrieg?

Avoid as many of the dungeon battles and spawned enemy battles as you reasonably can, don't be afraid to use numerous turn wheel uses to save turns, and don't be afraid of a few deaths. I got it on Hard Classic, and this was the only time the number of turn wheel uses didn't seem ludicrously many. Numerous units were extremely low level, and with multiple units not reaching their last promotion (ignoring DLC overclass nonsense), or having reached it with only one battle under their belt before the Duma fight. Some units had to stay dead through the desert hell arc (they got revived after, but that first archer fort is absolutely deadly if you try to rush it, and enemies spawn from Grieth, so going through the rigmarole to revive and rerecruit people would generate battles, and thus turns) and the waterfall (that map is hellish to have to rush through with a witch spawner, and the difficult terrain on the map, especially with how under-leveled your troops end up being when you avoid as many battles as I did), and in the end Boey and Genny died trying to distract the Dread Knights and Gold knights that chase you (the only people I had that could reasonably deal with them are needed to kill Duma quickly, and one unlucky invoke from Genny ended their delicate distraction), and Palla had to do a sacrificial triangle attack to get Duma's health low enough Alm could kill him. That being said I had numerous turns to spare, so learn from my mistake and make a tally of your turn counts so you have some idea of how much extra grinding time you have available.

29 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Is it wrong that I'm averaging 10-12 turns towards the endgame?

From what I remember of my turn counts, 10-12 was about the range for what I considered a difficult map, which was usually the last map from each part, and a couple of notable ones in between. That 10-12 turns is roughly 1/50-1/40 of you allotted total turns, so it is significant, but you can afford a few maps at that pace, it just depends on the number of maps you have had to do and the pace you have been keeping before that.

Another piece of advice I forgot from before, as it rarely came up the way I was playing (I tended to reset if I was failing at dodging optional encounters in dungeons for the most part) but if an optional dungeon encounter reaches the start of turn 3 retreat from it. Not all dungeon encounters are optional though, most dungeons have a non-optional encounter blocking a portion of the map, and Celica's final dungeon has one on every floor.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/23/2020 at 1:15 AM, Stef said:

How do you see how many turns you’ve played?

Read the tally you (haven't) kept. 😨

You can mitigate/avoid map spawns if you save before you move and burn RNGs. If you are stealthy, you can use the Inner Sanctum DLC to farm money and weapons, though it does take reeeeeally long.

You can also skip Nuibaba+Fear Mountain entirely if you're worried about turns.