What should be a good completion award for any video game?

Perkilator

Just as the title says. We all tend to have those moments where we just wanna complete a game just to see what we’ll earn from it, don’t we? Well, what do you think would make a good reward for beating a certain game, be it specific conditions or 100% completion? Here’s an example I thought of:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate:

All-Star (replacing All-Star Smash): Unlock every character

Boss Battles: Clear Classic mode with all characters (base game only)

3-minute Smash: Clear World of Light at least once

Rival Smash: Clear World of Light with the True Ending

Race to the Finish: Win every Spirit battle in World of Light

Endless Smash: Rescue every single fighter (base game only) in World of Light

Cruel Smash: Clear World of Light on Hard mode with the True Ending

Boss Battles EX: Play World of Light to 100% completion

Grand Reward: Lifelight (JP)*

*English for the JP versions

Edited by Perkilator

I wish Resident Evil 2 Remake had the original Resident Evil 2 as an unlockable bonus. You can't buy or play that original game on any of the platforms Remake came out for, so I think a lot of people would have appreciated that as a bonus. I gave the original several playthroughs over the last week and it really holds up. The remake includes more than a few nods to the original - nearly every scene and environment makes a reappearance in the remake, and the remake's completion bonuses and dlc include original ps1 character models and soundtrack.

There are actually some remakes out there that have the original game as an unlockable bonus. Metroid Zero Mission had the original Metroid unlocked after beating the game, and this year's Medieval remake has the original game playable after attaining 100% completion. I would like to see all remakes do this, even the remasters that are primarily just graphical overhauls. Though I understand some companies are actively attempting to sell those original games so including them for free in a remake may not be fiscally sound for them. For instance, expecting Final Fantasy 7 remake to include the original Final Fantasy 7 when Square could instead get fifteen dollars from people really interested in the original.

Edited by Glennstavos

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

The friends you made along the way.

You give examples, but no reward. . .so what's the reward for all those Smash things?

…The main theme, in Japanese (English for the JP versions)