What do you think the next Fire Emblem should be?

Fates-Blade

Do you think it should be a remake or a brand new game and why?

I want to find out who the First Exalt is, what happened to the Valentian Falchion, and what happened to Grima during and details about the Schism, so I say a game on that next, or an Elibe saga remake.

Edited by Fates-Blade

I would prefer we get a new game over a remake personally, but if it's going to be a remake, I hope it will be one for FE4.

However if we are getting a new game, I would be interested to see how they handle things:

Will we get multiple lords again? Or just a single one?

Will there be multiple routes as well?

Where would the setting be?

And a lot more questions of course, but I don't want to make the list too long. Personally I can say I'm 90% sure if we were to get a new original game, it for sure will have an avatar in it. Now the question would be, will that avatar co-star with another lord?  I personally would like that more than just having a single avatar as the solo lord of the whole game. 

I'm sorta tried of multiple routes by this point, or at least I hope we take a break from it after Three Houses. However for some reason I feel like IS would have too much pride to go back to making a single route in a game actually. 

Oh and I'm sure S supports would be back, however I do question how they will handle it. 

And I guess this is a bit of a minor hope of mine, but I hope the avatar won't be silent again >.> I didn't really mind that too much in FE16, but I do think if we got another silent avatar, that would make Byleth lose what makes them so special. But now that fully voice acting has became a thing, I can see them making the avatar silent again just to save some effort actually. 

Edited by Rose482

I think you posted in the wrong section.

I want just want them to keep waifus and marriages for the next Fire Emblem, have no censorship, and use any localization team besides stupid Treehouse.

Likely, it will be another remake thanks to the fact they had begun one for the 3DS. Personally, I'd go nuts for a Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 remake combined into one game with intertwined campaigns. (Carrying over stats and items). Gameplay wise, I feel it would be easiest to go for a Shadows of Valentia style, but I also think its likely they'll try and do the remake in the new Three Houses format. If it had full voice acting, animated characters, ect... Man, I'm getting excited over a game that doesnt even exist.

Are we talking about the next brand-new Fire Emblem game? Or is this also including remakes?

I would like to see an FE game that focuses a lot more heavily on the war aspect of FE than previous FE games. The game would place a heavy emphasis on the logistics involved in warfare: the environment, supply lines, etc., and it would especially dive into Medieval Warfare: sieges, skirmishes, chevauchee tactics (basically pillaging and burning), and the war would push the heroes to further and further extremes as they constantly teeter on the edge of defeat.

One interesting thing that the Archanea FE games brought up is that manaketes are treated unofficially like second-class citizens in human kingdoms. I think it would be interesting to see this be shown and explored: manaketes (or their equivalent) are second-class citizens, and one of the few ways for them to gain rights and income during the war is enlisting in the army as living weapons. 

Gameplay-wise, Three Houses created a very good foundation for the next game. I think the next game should use it, refine it, and expand on it in various ways. For instance, I would keep a lot of the school aspects of Three Houses, but re-contextualize it as a war campaign, with different fortresses and castles instead of the same monastery every time, skirmishes are to obtain resources to help the campaign, and instructing is essentially training the soldiers to fit different roles. 

One thing they showed in the first Three Houses trailer that didn't end up in the game is formations. I would like to see that be implemented in the next game. 

Not gonna lie, I still would love it to be Vampire Emblem, that just sounds so good to me, with like different kind of Monster races, I live for Fantasy stuff like that.

I am hoping for an FE 4 and 5 remake because 3Hs made me hopeful.  I wouldn't mind if we revisit a world and explore lore more, Tellius would be interesting if they do Altina's time and make a game about that or any of the lore mentioned in any of the games would be cool.

As long as the next Fire Emblem titles keeps up the stride in quality Three Houses has started, I won't be picky about what it's about.

Edited by Roland
Clarification

I used to dream of Echoes: FE4 - now the issue is that all its themes are touched on and improved in FE16. Obviously I still wouldn't complain, but at this stage I'm good with whatever.

Echoes 6 has been vaguely hinted at, and I'd be game.

i'd like it to be a FE4 remake, but i'd be ok with a 3H prequel, focusing on the nabateans and sothis, since imo they still have good potential (also i want to see rhea as herself and not as the archbishop)

a brand new world wouldn't be bad either

Edited by Yexin

16 hours ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

combined into one game with intertwined campaigns. (Carrying over stats and items).

This isn't really a great idea, Mekkkah covers in his video why but in summary:

Dividing effort between two games that are mechanic-wise so different is just going to result in more clunkiness.

The story of 5 doesn't neatly fit into 4, some re-con was done in 5 and it just really doesn't fit all that well. They go better separately.

Finally, the way IS sees it, they are making two games for one. At the price of one, money-wise they'll sell them separately and they can't go above 40 with a single 3DS cartridge because then people can't fathom that inflation and the amount of content should dictate the price of a game, possibly causing an outrage.

I would like an FE4 remake, by itself(!), but a brand new world would be fine by me too, a prequel or sequel on TH I'm going to be honest... isn't what I want. I don't think TH has that great of a story, it's pretty vague and leaves many holes It calls "mysteries" that are just there for laziness imo.

An entirely new world, like I said, would be cool but what if we had a FE8 prequel or sequel? I mean it would be cool but it's probably too late.

I would want no avatar in the next FE, specially if it's a remake but just never. I don't feel like I'm immersed in the story just because Me is in the game. And also stories focus too much on avatars when they happen, which is story-development that could be used elsewhere and also just the fact that because people have different personalities around the world to make the avatar coincide with "most people" they give them this normie always-good-doer attitude that just annoys me. And then there are cases where the avatar has nothing to do with me it's like... "What's the point?" Like Byleth.

My first pick would be a Genealogy Remake.

My second would be a remake of Roy's Emblem, possibly integrated with Eliwood's Emblem.

Third pick would be something new set in Tellius. But honestly I'll buy any main series FE at this point.

5 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

This isn't really a great idea, Mekkkah covers in his video why but in summary:

Dividing effort between two games that are mechanic-wise so different is just going to result in more clunkiness.

The story of 5 doesn't neatly fit into 4, some re-con was done in 5 and it just really doesn't fit all that well. They go better separately.

Finally, the way IS sees it, they are making two games for one. At the price of one, money-wise they'll sell them separately and they can't go above 40 with a single 3DS cartridge because then people can't fathom that inflation and the amount of content should dictate the price of a game, possibly causing an outrage.

I suppose so, but it doesnt mean its not impossible to do right. Remakes tend to change things. Look at Shadows of Valentia. I feel they could pull it off by twerking the story and gameplay/mechanics enough. But again, this is just the opinion of some random dolt on the internet, so it dpesnt really matter. IS does what IS does, and I dont think anybody can really understand what their next move will be.

I'm pretty sure a forum nearly identical to this already exists (ahem). Ok, I'll shut up now. 

I would appreciate a FE4 and FE5 remake, not 'bundled' together ofc. However, I would like a completely new FE game in a different setting, just to see where FE heads to next. 

17 hours ago, Flere210 said:

fe5 remake that is not boundled are very slim, almost nonexistant imo.

maybe so, but I think the extra polish could bring some new people to buy it. Or it could be DLC because FE5 is a game in and of itself but if it releases on launch day with FE4 then I wouldn't be surprised of low FPS, several bugs and other unpolishness clunkiness. Again, I think it would be pretty tough to program doublign with a skill and also doubling when you have 4 more AS and several other things that work differently in both games.

I would love to see a remake/sequel to SS as it’s one the the few stand-alones... I would even take just a graphics update... but I would like to see a new FE in a new world. I hope it does away with 3Hs bad class system thou, locked classes and branching.

I think the next fire emblem game should be a remake of Genealogy of the Holy War. It is next in line for a remake and i think it is a shame that most of the world hasn't gotten to experience one of the greatest stories ever told in gaming.

I would want it to be an almost perfect remake with all of the mechanics in tact. I want to see big moments in the game like the Yied massacre and the battle of Ballahala shown in amazing cutscenes to really emphasize the tragedy in this game. I want voice acting on par with Echoes because every voice actor in that game is 10/10.

The only changes i want to see get made are:

• Skip Enemy Phase like in modern titles.
  • Auto move as an option (maybe?)
  • Expand the home castles to something like Three Houses. It would be the same mechanically as in the original but it would just look nicer and serve as a nice break between chapters. It would be nice if you could also walk around the castle as any of the units you have recruited. (I want to control Finn at all times)
  • Go into Third Person mode will all of your characters. It would take forever to take a single turn but i want to ride around as Finn on a horse.
  • Automatic battle calculations like in modern titles. I know its not the biggest deal to add and subtract numbers but i think it would speed up the game a little bit.
  • Expand supports between characters. Supports don't have to get stat bonuses or anything but i really REALLY want to know more about the characters. The older games are very limited in dialogue with a lot of their characters. It would be nice to see conversations between characters like Azel and Lex being bros and talking. They have so much screen time in the manga so it would be a shame for them not to talk a lot in game. The marriage system as well as conversation stats and items given would remain the same.
  • Cutscenes. Lots and Lots of Cutcenes 

Expecting a new Fire Emblem game isn't likely to happen so soon even if they reuse three house's engine mostly because the game is already as lengthy as it is. 

If a new Fire Emblem game is to be released, I would rather, they do ports/remakes instead and pray that its the telius games. Not because they are both on consoles that are now impossible to get but because they both feel unpolished in certain aspects particularly the graphics side. Even the developers were not satisfied with the process as PoR was only 70% completed during its time.