Hard classic noble/commoner only run

Taho

Now that I've completed all three routes I'm starting a noble/commoner only run.

I figure it will increase the challenge, because I steamrolled through hard/classic but Maddening is a huge step up, and I don't enjoy it so much. I'm about 2h into my run and I'm enjoying the complete freedom I get from not having to worry about class requirements. Abilities assigned will also completely change with no class mastery skills, and I'm looking forward to finding fun viable options.

Anyone else has tried it?

• 4 weeks later...

On level 30+ now, second chapter in part 2. Enjoying it a lot so far. The jump in difficulty after the timeskip makes the battles really feel like Fire Emblem again. I love it. Many enemies can 1rKO your weaker units, and you get no Canto and no long range to get out of trouble. It's really interesting and a great way to wait for the next DLC.

• 2 weeks later...

Completed, just before Cindered shadows comes out. Perfect timing.

Great experience overall, and I strongly recommand it to anyone who likes a challenge, but not one as punishing as maddening mode. It really forced me to use all the aspects of the game (Wo dao+ really came in handy) and to think everything through (gambits, equipment) a lot more than when using classes.

The leap in difficulty after timeskip made for really fun battles, especially the last one. Crossing the fire pit with 4 move is a huge challenge when it's raining pegasus knights, bolting shots and lances of light. Loved every second of it. Overall, the experience reminded me of the kind of difficulty you get in Radiant Dawn (but with divine pulse)