So I FINALLY did Silver Snow...Wow...

3 hours ago, Flere210 said:

To me Nemesis looks only slightly more manacing than a generic bandit boss. Having him job on his very first scene does not help.

Technically he was a regular bandit until he killed Sothis.

Like Dark Elf said, the problem with me is the presentation, there was zero backstory or explanation about him or the battleground. The whole fight feels just so random.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I don't really have a strong opinion on Nemesis's design, but I am rather confused that someone would call it their favourite of the final maps. It's a fight against someone you just learned existed barely a chapter ago, in a location which looks like it was designed for a random filler map. I vividly remember getting to the battle for the first time. It was just before dinner time and my wife and I were going to go on a date. I asked her if we could wait until I'd watched the pre-battle cutscene, only to discover that it's... some generic line about "watch out, the swamp is poisonous!" like some earlygame tutorial. We laughed.

Gameplaywise it's okay (Nemesis himself is a decent enough final opponent; I like how different all three final bosses feel) though as far as the rest of the fight is concerned, if you use lots of fliers the terrain works ridiculously in your favour (to a significantly greater degree than even CF's final map, which at least has all those pegasus knights). The Elites are pretty unmemorable opponents (Fire Emblem has done this idea better before, with the Morphs in FE7's final chapter).

On the other hand I really love the final maps of CF and AM. CF has a stunning location, AM's is more standard but makes excellent narrative sense as a choice. And both opponents are built up for the entire story, being two of the most developed and discussion-provoking characters in the game (and series for that matter), and a good antagonist for the views the lords of their respective routes espouse. You know the stakes and understand what both sides are fighting for, it's great.

Oh, story wise AM easily takes the cake for best final map, i just meant gameplay wise since i really like the idea of mini bosses powering up big boss and killing them makes big boss weaker. It also has minimal ambush spawns and isn’t an absolute cake walk but not unfairly difficult (Looking at the SS final map.)

obviously from a story stand point it sucks, but isn’t as bad as Rhea and her cardinals.

fliers do make the map easier but they do that for every. They trivialise CF endgame as you mentioned too, only to a lesser extent since Cyril and the falco knights limit their move.

in the end everything is subjective anyway, and i just like playing the map more than the other ones.

9 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Exactly. Radiant Dawn wrote that Ike just up and vanished arbitrarily. I wouldn't read too much into it. 

Really? I'm just surprised. I'm really not a fan; it's basically Demise from Skyward Sword with a cape and a lot of spikes. And why is he bare-chested? I guess his design would look good if he just had something on his chest and no spikes. 

8 hours ago, Flere210 said:

To me Nemesis looks only slightly more manacing than a generic bandit boss. Having him job on his very first scene does not help.

Guess I just have a thing for burly old dudes XD

12 hours ago, Geenoble said:

obviously from a story stand point it sucks, but isn’t as bad as Rhea and her cardinals.

Would you elaborate what's wrong with the cardinals? I thought their presence were pretty cool since it built into the lore about crest and blood,  and cardinals have been foreshadowed since like chapter 2 but only seen in this route.

They're not even seen until they transform. They're non-entities who never matter except to explain why an insane Rhea has allies (which she does for gameplay reasons). We don't know the first thing about what their duties are or what their motives are, or what they were doing in the five years Rhea was absent, etc.

Also, Rhea going berserk leading to not only her own tragic death but also those of dozens of others loyal to her would seem to validate the claim that she should not be in a seat of power, which is certainly... interesting given that you get on the route in the first place by opposing that claim. I'm not sure if the point of Silver Snow was to chastise the player for making a bad choice, though.

On 1/14/2020 at 8:54 AM, omegaxis1 said:

I get the feeling that collecting the Relics is for the revival of Nemesis and the Elites. 

Which actually makes me think that the CF extension would have had a Nemesis battle, and if you recruit the units and get their Relic, the Agarthans have a replacement, but otherwise, Failnaught, Freikugel, Areadbhar, Crusher, and Rafail Gem are always gonna be with the Elites. Which is interesting, cause if you recruit none of the others, that means that all the Relics would fall into Agarthan hands, apart from the Sword of the Creator, but Nemesis has the Dark Creator Sword instead.

Failnaught is on Claude, and he went home, so the Agarthans can't get that one.

Areadbhar was on Dimitri when he fell, so the BESF should have retrieved that one. We don't hear anything about Nemesis in the CF ending, so it seems like all the Crest Stones (Noa's and Timotheos' in particular) were also recovered by the BESF or were destroyed in the fire (a possibility confirmed by Jeralt's journal).

On 1/14/2020 at 8:08 AM, Flere210 said:

I am defending the Agarthan CHILDREN that did nothing bad yet. I even mentioned the orc baby dilemma, and for D&D orcs not being chaotic evil is very difficult for a number of reasons. Should we kill children because we are sure they will do bad thing as adults? Most people would say not. I'd say that Edelgard, Dimitri and Rhea would kill the children, Claude and Byleth may not but i am not sure.

You have that all messed up.

Edelgard is the most merciful of the lot. She isn't going to kill kids ever.

Dimitri is only kill happy when he is psycho, otherwise he is on par with Edelgard.

I'm unsure of Claude, but I'm leaning mercy over slaughter.

Rhea would kill them all because she doesn't know what mercy is.

Byleth is all over the place, as the Lord he is with effects how he acts. CF!Byleth only exists because he is merciful, AM!Byleth only engages in mercy kills and has Sane!Dimitri to learn from, and VW!Byleth and SS!Byleth have the Ashen Demon return with a vengeance.

On 1/14/2020 at 8:57 AM, Geenoble said:

There was a time that i believed that Solon getting Flayn’s blood was needed, and that her blood revived Nemesis, but there is no evidence stating it to be like that and was probably never intended, as far as we know he wakes up randomly in VW and not other routes.

The only thing we know for sure is that he was never really dead due to his demi god powers and was probably healing from his injuries in some nabatean sleep similar to Byleth between the TS.

back on topic for SS Nemesis not appearing is the worst on that route, since everything that happens in Vw that could explain his reawakening (same amount of time passes, Flayn’s blood, Javelins of Light attacking Shambala.) happens in SS, whereas at least these don’t happen in other routes. There is no reason for Nemesis not to awaken in SS, and him still being alive makes more sense than Rhea suddenly going insane and all of those church cardinals turning in to beasts.

Solon kidnapped Flayn (yes I believe DK is innocent of that charge) to make the Imperial Demonic Beasts. Did you notice their glowing Crest Stones, which makes sense when Flayn is the "light" dragon.

Nemesis is dead buddy, not sleeping. He isn't a Nabatean.

Nemesis awakens in VW because TWS were successful in stealing the Crest Stones of Noa and Timotheos (the ones which were used in the Dark Creator Sword) during the Holy Tomb raid. Edelgard acknowledges the success herself after the battle ends, and she only says this in VW.

I have a hypothesis for why Rhea goes berserk in SS but not VW. Rhea is suffering from the effects of Solon's Remire madness illness, which she could have been infected with during her confinement or after the war was over thanks to laxer security at the Monastery. The tell tale signs of this illness are normal illness symptoms followed by a sudden violent madness (potentially magically triggered, as all the victims turned violent at once in the Remire incident) where the victim's strength is magnified (civilians being a serious threat to armed soldiers in chapter 8.). You can identify the victims by the pulsing veins on their face, and you notice something is also very wrong with the Immaculate One's form in a similar manner. Solon himself was investigating the Cardinals back in chapter 2ish, which is another point in my hypothesis's favor, as he seems to have planned for this contingency all along.

2 hours ago, NaberiusBuster said:

Solon kidnapped Flayn (yes I believe DK is innocent of that charge) to make the Imperial Demonic Beasts. Did you notice their glowing Crest Stones, which makes sense when Flayn is the "light" dragon.

I have a hypothesis for why Rhea goes berserk in SS but not VW. Rhea is suffering from the effects of Solon's Remire madness illness, which she could have been infected with during her confinement or after the war was over thanks to laxer security at the Monastery.

I like those ideas. It would redeem Solon who's currently a uniquely terribly villain even by Slitherer standards. Kronya, Cornelia and Thales all do very real harm to the heroes and there's personal stakes in taking them out. The problem with Solon is that most of his evil plots don't serve any sort of point. He has Flayn kidnapped for her blood but the Slitherers never use it, then he turns Remire mad for an insanity poison that the Slitherers also never make use of and finally he sets a trap that fails after which he dies....despite being able to teleport to safety. I wonder if Three Houses will get those long essay's about everything wrong with its story like Blazing Sword because the story has a lot of moments like these. 

But these ideas would make Solon's plans actually important. Sadly its probably not meant to be. The Demonic beast being crafted thanks to Flayn seems like something so important that it would have had to get mentioned at some point. 

4 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

They're not even seen until they transform. They're non-entities who never matter except to explain why an insane Rhea has allies (which she does for gameplay reasons). We don't know the first thing about what their duties are or what their motives are, or what they were doing in the five years Rhea was absent, etc.

Also, Rhea going berserk leading to not only her own tragic death but also those of dozens of others loyal to her would seem to validate the claim that she should not be in a seat of power, which is certainly... interesting given that you get on the route in the first place by opposing that claim. I'm not sure if the point of Silver Snow was to chastise the player for making a bad choice, though.

I see Church route as a Church route more than a Rhea route. So with that in mind, deposing Rhea so that Byleth can take over and lead the church in her stead (presumably making it less authoritarian) seems fitting. FightinghNemesis would be more thematically fitting, but one easy or the other Rhea had to die on Church route.

Failnaught is on Claude, and he went home, so the Agarthans can't get that one.

Areadbhar was on Dimitri when he fell, so the BESF should have retrieved that one. We don't hear anything about Nemesis in the CF ending, so it seems like all the Crest Stones (Noa's and Timotheos' in particular) were also recovered by the BESF or were destroyed in the fire (a possibility confirmed by Jeralt's journal).

Dimitri is only kill happy when he is psycho, otherwise he is on par with Edelgard.

Byleth is all over the place, as the Lord he is with effects how he acts. CF!Byleth only exists because he is merciful, AM!Byleth only engages in mercy kills and has Sane!Dimitri to learn from, and VW!Byleth and SS!Byleth have the Ashen Demon return with a vengeance.

Nemesis is dead buddy, not sleeping. He isn't a Nabatean.

Nemesis awakens in VW because TWS were successful in stealing the Crest Stones of Noa and Timotheos (the ones which were used in the Dark Creator Sword) during the Holy Tomb raid. Edelgard acknowledges the success herself after the battle ends, and she only says this in VW.

I have a hypothesis for why Rhea goes berserk in SS but not VW. Rhea is suffering from the effects of Solon's Remire madness illness, which she could have been infected with during her confinement or after the war was over thanks to laxer security at the Monastery. The tell tale signs of this illness are normal illness symptoms followed by a sudden violent madness (potentially magically triggered, as all the victims turned violent at once in the Remire incident) where the victim's strength is magnified (civilians being a serious threat to armed soldiers in chapter 8.). You can identify the victims by the pulsing veins on their face, and you notice something is also very wrong with the Immaculate One's form in a similar manner. Solon himself was investigating the Cardinals back in chapter 2ish, which is another point in my hypothesis's favor, as he seems to have planned for this contingency all along.

Those are some great theories and I think you're on to something with them. Unfortunately they shift the quality of the writing from completely senseless to completely senseless execution.

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, NaberiusBuster said:

I feel this doesn't make sense really. We stop all Crest Stones from being taken. 3H generally does a good job indicating how you play the chapters and such. I mean, in Hubert's paralogue, failing to save some Agarthans results in Arundel chiding Hubert for his blunder. 

If anything, I always felt that Edelgard was hinting that she wasn't after the Crest Stones in the first place. 

3 hours ago, NaberiusBuster said:

I honestly have doubts toward this. If Agarthans are left alone in a room with Rhea, they would tear her apart and drain every last drop of her blood no doubt. Given how when she's discovered, Rhea is unharmed, it's seems clear that Agarthans never made contact with her. 

Upon some reflection, there is ONE small thing I would like to give SS credit for, something that ties into CF as well. CF is a path you actively have to choose. It is absolutely impossible to play accidentally. Therefore, every time Edelgard asks if you're sure you chose the right path, all your dialogue options confirm that you believe in her. SS is different. While it's possible to actively choose it, you may end up stuck in it if you couldn't unlock CF. I've seen people complain that they legitimately believe in Edelgard's cause but messed up the chance to join her. As such, SS never forces you to say you are actively against Edelgard. I got a weird pleasure out of the game literally having to drag me kicking and screaming through the route.

11 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

As such, SS never forces you to say you are actively against Edelgard. I got a weird pleasure out of the game literally having to drag me kicking and screaming through the route.

Yeah, when Edelgard asks him if he wishes to join her, he either says he "can't" or just hesitates. It's not an absolute and Byleth even has an option of wondering if there was any way to work with Edelgard. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I like those ideas. It would redeem Solon who's currently a uniquely terribly villain even by Slitherer standards. Kronya, Cornelia and Thales all do very real harm to the heroes and there's personal stakes in taking them out. The problem with Solon is that most of his evil plots don't serve any sort of point. He has Flayn kidnapped for her blood but the Slitherers never use it, then he turns Remire mad for an insanity poison that the Slitherers also never make use of and finally he sets a trap that fails after which he dies....despite being able to teleport to safety. I wonder if Three Houses will get those long essay's about everything wrong with its story like Blazing Sword because the story has a lot of moments like these. 

But these ideas would make Solon's plans actually important. Sadly its probably not meant to be. The Demonic beast being crafted thanks to Flayn seems like something so important that it would have had to get mentioned at some point. 

Yeah; Solon is really bad. One of the worst parts is that, when he dies, he defiantly insists that Thales will finish what he started. I'm sorry, but Solon didn't start anything, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to guess that Solon is never mentioned by Thales in part 2 of any of the routes. The game just completely forgets Solon after he is killed. 

Thanks for reminding me about Kronya; such a massive waste of potential. The only antagonist that makes things truly personal for Byleth in a sea of ideological antagonists, and they just kill her off in the very next chapter?! The worst part is that we don't even get to see Byleth struggle with the idea of vengeance. She flees, Byleth pursues, Solon kills her to trap Byleth.

56 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Upon some reflection, there is ONE small thing I would like to give SS credit for, something that ties into CF as well. CF is a path you actively have to choose. It is absolutely impossible to play accidentally. Therefore, every time Edelgard asks if you're sure you chose the right path, all your dialogue options confirm that you believe in her. SS is different. While it's possible to actively choose it, you may end up stuck in it if you couldn't unlock CF. I've seen people complain that they legitimately believe in Edelgard's cause but messed up the chance to join her. As such, SS never forces you to say you are actively against Edelgard. I got a weird pleasure out of the game literally having to drag me kicking and screaming through the route.

That's a nice touch, but it is soured a little by the fact that Silver Snow is otherwise supposed to be the secret fourth route while Crimson Flower's supposed to be the standard Black Eagles route, yet Crimson Flower is the one that's locked behind requirements. 

58 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

I went in blind, and unlocked CF.  And yes, it was an accident - I literally had no idea what those dialogue choices did.

Do not underestimate clumsiness!

14 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Yeah; Solon is really bad. One of the worst parts is that, when he dies, he defiantly insists that Thales will finish what he started. I'm sorry, but Solon didn't start anything, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to guess that Solon is never mentioned by Thales in part 2 of any of the routes. The game just completely forgets Solon after he is killed. 

Thanks for reminding me about Kronya; such a massive waste of potential. The only antagonist that makes things truly personal for Byleth in a sea of ideological antagonists, and they just kill her off in the very next chapter?! The worst part is that we don't even get to see Byleth struggle with the idea of vengeance. She flees, Byleth pursues, Solon kills her to trap Byleth.

That's a nice touch, but it is soured a little by the fact that Silver Snow is otherwise supposed to be the secret fourth route while Crimson Flower's supposed to be the standard Black Eagles route, yet Crimson Flower is the one that's locked behind requirements. 

I literally didn't even realize Thales and Solon were two different people until my second (or possibly even third) playthrough XD They both just come across as generic evil guy. Solon could have just as well escaped and did all the things that Thales did after that chapter for all the good any of it accomplishes. Though I am glad they're seperate characters as it makes Thales more intimidating to not have lost before and he is probably masquerading as Arundel while Solon is Tomas. My point is that both of them are so underplayed as characters that they were just merged in my head.

18 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I literally didn't even realize Thales and Solon were two different people until my second (or possibly even third) playthrough XD They both just come across as generic evil guy. Solon could have just as well escaped and did all the things that Thales did after that chapter for all the good any of it accomplishes. Though I am glad they're seperate characters as it makes Thales more intimidating to not have lost before and he is probably masquerading as Arundel while Solon is Tomas. My point is that both of them are so underplayed as characters that they were just merged in my head.

7 hours ago, NaberiusBuster said:

Actually, Rhea specifically stated "children are innocent", I think it was from Dimitiri support after he killed a group of teenagers attacking him.

Rhea was the one who spared 10 elites and their family, and several character mentions Rhea spent most of her time caring downtrodden like orphans around Fodlan. I am also remember one of supports mentioning Rhea often visits orphanage outside the church.

And even though she's always so busy, she tries to listen to as many people's needs as she can. When she'd seen the kids who'd lost their parents in Remire Village, she didn't leave 'em there. She got the church to take those kids in. Same as me. She's so kind. She's almost like a mom to all her followers, and just about everybody that I can think of loves her.

It's just... You reminded me of Lady Rhea there for a second. Lady Rhea always tried to save us folks without any status in the world. Like when she let a outside like me stay at the monastery... That was nice. She brought in those kids from Remire Village when they lost their parents, and...

Dimitri: I was attacked inside the monastery the other day. It caused quite the uproar. The ones who attacked me...were some of the youths we taught swordsmanship to, once upon a time.

It seems they were raised by a group of thieves who we put down five years ago. I heard Lady Rhea took custody of them, claiming that the children were innocent.

One could argue that she spared 10 Elites as political maneuver, but I doubt she runs orphanage or taking in enemy children for any real advantage.

Edited by Timlugia

8 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Rhea was the one who spared 10 elites and their family, and several character mentions Rhea spent most of her time caring downtrodden like orphans around Fodlan. I am also remember one of supports mentioning Rhea often visits orphanage outside the church.

Rhea killed the Elites. She didn't spare them. The families, who knows if Rhea intended on going after them. The war only stopped 7 years after Nemesis's death was because Lycaon I died of sudden illness. 

8 hours ago, Timlugia said:

One could argue that she spared 10 Elites as political maneuver, but I doubt she runs orphanage or taking in enemy children for any real advantage.

No, there's a very big advantage. She can make them loyal to the Church or to her. Either or. Like with Cyril. 

But the Elites weren't spared.

The entire reason the Church of Seiros was originally created was for the sake of gathering people to help her kill Nemesis.

26 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Rhea killed the Elites. She didn't spare them. The families, who knows if Rhea intended on going after them. The war only stopped 7 years after Nemesis's death was because Lycaon I died of sudden illness. 

No, there's a very big advantage. She can make them loyal to the Church or to her. Either or. Like with Cyril. 

But the Elites weren't spared.

The entire reason the Church of Seiros was originally created was for the sake of gathering people to help her kill Nemesis.

Cyril is blindly loyal. He don't question anything she does. Like bro you ain't say anything about burning kids mothers or father's who got nothing to with war. He like yolo. Sad thing is Rhea gives no fucks about him or Cathrine. The only people she care is herself and her kind and Byleth to an extend. That partly only to them having Sothis crest stone.

2 hours ago, Mikethemaster2018 said:

Cyril is blindly loyal. He don't question anything she does. Like bro you ain't say anything about burning kids mothers or father's who got nothing to with war. He like yolo. Sad thing is Rhea gives no fucks about him or Cathrine. The only people she care is herself and her kind and Byleth to an extend. That partly only to them having Sothis crest stone.

Rhea actually save Catherine twice, including in the similar manner of Jeralt. I wouldn't call it "gives no fuck"

Catherine: Didn't I tell you? I was born into House Charon, in Faerghus. They used to call me Thunderstrike Cassandra. I was implicated in a plot to kill the king. It was a totally false accusation, of course. I had to flee the Kingdom, and the archbishop took me in.

Catherine: I used to be a student at the academy, so I knew I'd be safe here. Lady Rhea saved me once when I was a student, you know. I don't really remember what happened... I was badly injured and near death. Lady Rhea took care of me. She didn't mind getting dirty. She took my muddied, bloodied body into her arms... Since then, Lady Rhea has been my inspiration. I will always serve her, protect her... Love her. For some reason, when I think about Lady Rhea, your face comes to mind. You've become an important presence in my life.

Catherine: Oh! That was when that happened! Finally, it all fits together. Lady Rhea looking after me—now that I remember clearly. That was the first time she ever spoke to me. I was lying on the ground, caked in mud, and she gently picked me up, even stroked my hair... The emotions were so overpowering that they must have just cleared away my memory of the whole incident. So, it was during the monster hunt! Thanks, Seteth. That's been bothering me for ages.

6 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Rhea actually save Catherine twice, including in the similar manner of Jeralt. I wouldn't call it "gives no fuck"

Yeah, and as a result, Cyril and Catherine became so obedient that they would end up setting an entire city full of civilians on fire, with Rhea outright declaring that she will sacrifice as many lives in the process. 

The worst part about it is that there was actually no tactical advantage to it. Well, the tactical advantage is only if they enter the city, but if Edelgard literally chose to not go in, the Church of Seiros literally locked themselves in their own home and set it on fire, so now they are trapped in a burning house. But given how there were civilians inside, they were now in danger, so Edelgard went in to kill Rhea and ultimately save the civilians. 

15 hours ago, eclipse said:

I went in blind, and unlocked CF.  And yes, it was an accident - I literally had no idea what those dialogue choices did.

Do not underestimate clumsiness!

I also unlocked CF by accident on my first Be playthrough. I guess i just talk to everyone in the monastary.

I want to get back on topic with SS quick and talk about it from a gameplay perspective, and why it is easily my least favourite route. I won’t get into how much i hate the final map and how it’s the worst thing since Mila tree but i do want to mention the Deployment slots.

for some reason, SS not only removes your lord, but instead of giving you a complementary deployment slot, they just remove one.

for example in AM/VW chapter 14 you can deploy 11 units (Lord + Byleth + 9 others) whereas in SS you can only deploy 10 units ( Byleth + 9 Others)

I don’t know why this happens but it really annoys me, and just makes SS worse then it needs to be.

17 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

That's a nice touch, but it is soured a little by the fact that Silver Snow is otherwise supposed to be the secret fourth route while Crimson Flower's supposed to be the standard

17 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

yet Crimson Flower is the one that's locked behind requirements. 

I want you to think about what you just wrote.

4 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

I want you to think about what you just wrote.

Sure. …I've thought about it. 

I worded it poorly, as I tend to do since communication is not a strong point of mine (I have high-functioning autism), but I think my point stands. When presented with three houses to pick from, the obvious thought is three routes: one for each house, where we side with that house and its leader, as was advertised in all the trailers and marketing. 

When one picks the Black Eagles, the expected standard route is siding with Edelgard. When one finds out that they can side against Edelgard, which isn't in the marketing, that is naturally interpreted to be a secret fourth, non-default route. Yet, this route where the player sides against Edelgard is the standard option based on what's in the gameplay, as siding with Edelgard is an option that's locked behind requirements. 

In every respect except the actual requirements, Crimson Flower route is presented as the default route when picking Black Eagles. Yet, based on the requirements, Silver Snow is the default route. It's a contradiction between the presentation and the gameplay; one that probably confused some people into accidentally playing Silver Snow. 

4 hours ago, Timlugia said:

You can save someone and still give no hoots about them. But Rhea is overally not bad person she twisted in the head though. She made some terrible and horrible decision but hey at least she learns her way of thinking was worng. In SS. I think at best Rhea care for them a bit but at the end of the day Rhea knows they are bindly loyal to her, if she said off this kid or mother or father they will do it no questions ask, they are her kid soilders in a sense. I mean by her not giving a hoot is because in CF finally battle if they fall in battle Rhea doesn't even mourn their death. She just like fuck'em 

Edited by Mikethemaster2018

7 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Do we know for sure that the Elites died with Nemisis? From all I've seen its stated they fought for Nemisis but its never said they didn't survive the war. For all we know they surrendered after the Tailtean plains, switched side mid battle or some drifted into Rhea's camp before the final clash with Nemisis.