Stuck on Eirika's Final Chapter

I am not good at Fire Emblem and Sacred Stones is my first time playing classic (I started a classic file in 3H halfway through my FE8 playthrough, but NG+ has enough divine pulses to consider it casual). Regardless, it's my favourite series and FE8 has been so good that I'm absolutely determined to finish it. However, I feel awfully unprepared for the final chapter. I chose Eirika's route and my units that were ploughing through enemies in the last chapter are now being one-shotted and turned to stone. I really don't know how to avoid it, even after reading a strategy guide.

Any of my units that I could promote have been and I did some brief grinding at Valni, but I'm still stumped. Any advice? Cause I really don't want to abandon this route. Do I just keep trying until I get it right? Did I just not grind enough? I know FE8 is notoriously easy, but this difficulty spike has me stumped. Any help is appreciated.

I tend to over-grind when it comes to SS just for the meme of being so ridiculously overpowered
I do want to say this- if you didn't wait until level 15/20 to promote, that could be an issue, however, I've found that you can cheese the last chapter using the sacred weapons really easily

If I remember right, Stone's a temporary status so you can probably just rescue the unit and place them elsewhere and the breath attacks from the zombie dragons pierce defense so you have to lure them with folks that have high enough HP to take the full brunt of the assault.

Unless you've used up all the Sacred relics, you have ways of one-shotting most monsters (crippling the dragons if not one-shot) and should take advantage of that. Are you applying Barrier Staff/Pure Water on the unit you're baiting out the Shadowshot?

Show us the stats of your best units to see what's up. I'm thinking your troubles probably stem from not understanding what defensive stat Shadowshot targets, the defense piercing done by Zombie dragons, things of that sort.

Stone is a temporary status effect. Worst case, you could just rescue your petrified unit and bring them somewhere safe until they recover. Also, the Dracozombies ignore defense a la Luna, so you're best off luring them with a unit that has enough health to survive the attack (if that unit has a bow, all the better, as Dracozombies are weak against bows). Third, use Pure Water or the Barrier staff on whoever you're having take Shadowshots (it targets resistance).

You could try to avoid their range? Or with a bit of planning with Dancers and the Warp staff (I mean you must have a dedicated healer with A in staves right?) you can teleport your strongest units to take care of the final boss, with divine weapons since they are super effective against monsters. Make sure to check enemy ranges, think of the damage they do to you if you attack them and the damage they'll do back on their turn.

Also promoting immediately is not a bad idea, the game should still be pretty easy regardless and waiting too long to promote may actually be a detriment.

And use Seth, I know he doesn't kill EVERYTHING but still don't neglect using him.

7 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

If I remember right, Stone's a temporary status so you can probably just rescue the unit and place them elsewhere and the breath attacks from the zombie dragons pierce defense so you have to lure them with folks that have high enough HP to take the full brunt of the assault.

Unless you've used up all the Sacred relics, you have ways of one-shotting most monsters (crippling the dragons if not one-shot) and should take advantage of that. Are you applying Barrier Staff/Pure Water on the unit you're baiting out the Shadowshot?

Show us the stats of your best units to see what's up. I'm thinking your troubles probably stem from not understanding what defensive stat Shadowshot targets, the defense piercing done by Zombie dragons, things of that sort.

https://imgur.com/a/xBHffKz Here is who I'm using and what their stats look like. I read that I should wear down Lyon with phantoms but I worry about Knoll's low defense so I haven't yet tried having him on the map.

Yeah, Seth and Ephraim look like they can deal with most, if not all of the final chapter by themselves. Also, they're the only units that can take a hit from Lyon - just let him attack first. Also, I might recommend fielding Knoll as a Summoner so you can use phantoms as bait. How are your Sacred Twins, by the way? Because they're the only weapon that can deal significant damage to the final boss. Also, said final boss does summon monsters as his first move, meaning you might be able to take him out on the second turn before he becomes dangerous.

Edited by Shadow Mir