Question about Mareeta

MisterIceTeaPeach

According to this:

SXJY2VS.png?1

I understand as if Mareeta would join in any case.

However in my run she has not shown up in chapter 12, a cutscene with Cyas has not happened either.

I guess, she did not join because she was "killed" in chapter 5.

However Raydrik mentioned at the end of chapter 6 that she is very alive:

Raydrik: Ah, then Galzus would have every reason to free that girl, wouldn't he? She bore the Brand of Od on her back as well... Heh, heh, heh...

It was another hint for me that she would join regardless what happened to her in chapter 5.

I am really confused right now, but it probably will not change the matter that she is gone for good as Galzus will.

Anyways I consider this as a misinformation and would like to ask any editor to add if she survived chapter 5 to prevent this confusion.

I am really miffed since she is one of the best units in the game who also is able to recruit one of the best in the game.

Edited by Zemuria

4 hours ago, Zemuria said:

I guess, she did not join because she was "killed" in chapter 5.

Yeah, if you kill her in chapter 5, you can't recruit her. The game really presumes that you won't kill her, so that's why the line is there.

And like, it just kinda seems implied that if you kill a character, you can't recruit them later. Regardless of what the game says, since this is Thracia, Kaga is out to get you. Don't trust a single word that man typed. The line also might've been a slight mistranslation, so you could ask around about that.

11 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Yeah, if you kill her in chapter 5, you can't recruit her. The game really presumes that you won't kill her, so that's why the line is there.

And like, it just kinda seems implied that if you kill a character, you can't recruit them later. Regardless of what the game says, since this is Thracia, Kaga is out to get you. Don't trust a single word that man typed. The line also might've been a slight mistranslation, so you could ask around about that.

I thought the game did very well in changing / cutting dialogues properly, if someone died or a requirement for a Gaiden unlock was (not) fulfilled. 

Admittedly Eyvel's quote after Mareeta's death in chapter 5 led me she's gone for good, but Raydrik's conversation at the end of chapter 6 was contradictory to me which made me think she still could be revived / restored by her "possessed" status.

I suppose the addition if they survived only applies to already recruited characters.

Still it would be more clear, if it was mentioned in SC's recruitment page that she must be spared in chapter 5.

Assuming same goes for Galzus if he was captured or killed in chapter 5 or 6, right?

I managed to kill him in my very first run in chapter 5, but did not play further with this save file, so I cannot say if he would appear in chapter 24.

Edited by Zemuria

11 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Assuming same goes for Galzus if he was captured or killed in chapter 5 or 6, right?

I managed to kill him in my very first run in chapter 5, but did not play further with this save file, so I cannot say if he would appear in chapter 24.

First of all, how did you kill Galzus? That man is practically invincible.

But yeah, he wouldn't have appeared in chapter 24, since he was killed.