People you know irl with FE character names

Dragoncat

Been awhile since this was last discussed, so let's do it.

I know a Marianne, she's got the horse/animal lover part down (my cat will sit on her lap but not mine what gives), but lacks the other part of the personality. She's generally happy and cheerful.

There's a Gilbert who works at the Workforce Services office here. He's got the stern face but is bald.

My grandpa had a friend named Hubert. Only story I know of him was him and my grandpa ordered french dip sandwiches and thought the dip was soup and drank it and Grandma got told that restaurant had very salty soup. I guess that could fit if you headcanon a few things lol.

I knew a Boyd in school, a kinda big oafish guy who ran into a bookshelf in summer school once, fits. He married a Shanna, who continent hopped, I wonder?

I also know some Matthews, a Vanessa, there was a Heath in art class.

Edited by Dragoncat

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have appeared in my second FE game this past year. But with a similar role. Just a dude that gets murdered off screen who incites others, including his brother, to violence. It's nice that they spelt my name correctly, but I didn't get a dashing, blonde character portrait this time. Ingrid was my girlfriend, though. She's a catch.

Oh, how have I been waiting for this..

Some of them probably don't fit at the premise, but here they go:

My cat is named Nolah (which secretly is Nolan + Noah, two characters that I'm very found of) (Funnily, it's female).

Gordin was my nickname at school (although it means 'Little Fatie' at my language).

My name (Nicholas) appears one time at the franchise (if I remember correctly). It's the name of one of those Knights under Xavier at FE5.

Gilbert (Gilberto) is my aunt's name. They kinda of look alike too.

I've met a dude called Dorcas at a local Smash tournament. We didn't spoke much aside from the usual 'Good game' and stuff (he did place 4° or something).

Leonardo is one my best friends from High School. I really hope that he never finds out what a terrible unit he shares the name..(He also has an RPG Character called Dimitri, and he's really similar to post-skip Dimitri)

And just for filler, here are some others without much context: Caesar (friend), Anna (sister), Natalie (sister), Camilla (colleague), Lukas (friend),  Marianne (colleague), Annette (grandma), Raphael (friend) (he's pretty damn big too), Manuela (colleague), Will (best-friend), Bartre (my dog), Marcus (former friend), Louise (colleague-friend), Isadora (random girl from other class), Ryan (a 5 year old that I'm friends with), Franz (friend), Vanessa (parent's friend), Amelia (colleague?) and +100 people that I probably forgot.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I have appeared in my second FE game this past year. But with a similar role. Just a dude that gets murdered off screen who incites others, including his brother, to violence. It's nice that they spelt my name correctly, but I didn't get a dashing, blonde character portrait this time. Ingrid was my girlfriend, though. She's a catch.

Your name is Glenn irl? Nice. Why have the two Glen/Glenns in FE been dead big bros, IS?

I am quite fond of Glenn for what he has, I picture him as having that dark hair and Rodrigue's blue eyes, handsome fella. Heck, I wrote a oneshot where he spirit possesses a swordsman during a pirate fight, gives the dude a burst of strength and speed, to protect Ingrid and Dimitri's son. Appears to the kid, tells him to get up and that he got him out of there, and when asked who he is, simply smiles and says "Your mother knows me". Wholesome af. Of course Ingrid sobs when she hears of this.

51 minutes ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

Bartre (my dog)

Naming a pet after a video game character is something I swear I will do someday. I almost had a cat named Midna, but I got my orange boy Cheeto instead.

I share a name with a minor FE boss (won't say which one). My brother is named Nolan, I have a friend named Jake, one of my neighbors has a dog named Finn, one of my parents' names is almost like another FE character's, just not spelled the same way, I knew a guy named Hector from a school trip to Mexico... and that's all I can think of at the moment.

I’m still waiting on a FE character to be named after me. The closest to Neil that they’ve ever gotten is O’Neil, the first boss of Sacred Stones, but I hardly count that. 

My brother also doesn’t have an equivalent, unless there’s a Jack that I don’t know of. Honestly I don’t know a whole lot of people with FE equivalents and those that do act nothing like their counterparts. 

I knew a Matthew in horse back riding class (did not deserve that name because the kid was a spoiled pain), My sister's name is Gail Lynne and my sister in law's name is Miia, my mom knew a Lyon, my friend's little brother is named Joshua,  my dad has a friend named Robin, I used to take care of a little boy named Aron, my mom worked with a guy named Sebastian, I knew a Scarlet for awhile, my grandmother's name was Fay, my cousin's name is Fred, my other cousin's name is Jenny and her husband's name is Rafiel, my great uncle's name was Saul, my dog's name is Nanna (though she is after the Norse goddess).  The closest to my name  is Lorenz.

you can all add our overlord @Integrity whose name is ike

i have best friends named anna and lissa who both have absolutely nothing in common with the aforementioned characters

5 hours ago, X-Naut said:

Three Houses introduced a Catherine, which is my mother's name.

Same here, actually!

I also have a grandfather named Robert, and an uncle named Scott.

For people I'm not related to, I have managers at work named Athena, Amy, Julian, and Kevin (Kieran's Japanese name, for any who aren't aware), although in Julian's case the J is pronounced like an H.

My old judo instructor's name was Randy, and his wife's name was Maria. I also knew a Jake as a kid, and the mother of one of my brother's friends is named Sue.

Edited by Topaz Light

17 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Naming a pet after a video game character is something I swear I will do someday. I almost had a cat named Midna, but I got my orange boy Cheeto instead.

Good lord, a orange boy named Cheeto could get you to high places around here. (The good ones, not..those)

- - - -

I'll tell you, it wasn't a easy ride to get the boy named after Bartre. First I had to get the advantage of opinion, fighting over stuff like 'Spike' until death. Then, when I finally had the advantage, I had to find a suitable character (which is pretty hard). And, after longs hours of thinking, I finally grasped it. Bartre. It fits more perfectly than you probably think. He's slow, but playful (3 speed, 40% growth) and the bulkiest one we have, but also the stupidest.

All that for everyone calling him by the nickname anyway.

12 hours ago, X-Naut said:

Three Houses introduced a Catherine, which is my mother's name.

Hey @Anacybele also has a mom named Catherine! Her mom is a warrant officer which fits well with FE Catherine being a knight captain.

I'll tell you, it wasn't a easy ride to get the boy named after Bartre. First I had to get the advantage of opinion, fighting over stuff like 'Spike' until death. Then, when I finally had the advantage, I had to find a suitable character (which is pretty hard). And, after longs hours of thinking, I finally grasped it. Bartre. It fits more perfectly than you probably think. He's slow, but playful (3 speed, 40% growth) and the bulkiest one we have, but also the stupidest.

All that for everyone calling him by the nickname anyway.

@BergelomeuSantos Amazing. Now if you could breed him with a female named Karla and name a puppy Fir that'd be super fitting. What breed of dog is he, or combo of breeds?

Cheeto was named by the shelter when I got him, I wasn't changing it.

Edited by Dragoncat

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Hey @Anacybele also has a mom named Catherine! Her mom is a warrant officer which fits well with FE Catherine being a knight captain.

Yup, this is true!

My younger brother had a friend named Kieran once.

My younger brother himself was named Daniel.

I have a cousin named Amelia as well as a cousin named Amy.

There's a Matthew in my stepdad's family.

I've known a Leon or two before.

The closest FE characters to my own name are Kellam and Kjelle.

And this is pretty much it for me.

18 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Amazing. Now if you could breed him with a female named Karla and name a puppy Fir that'd be super fitting. What breed of dog is he, or combo of breeds?

I'm really bad at keeping track of breeds, namely because we kinda of 'renamed' them around here ('Caramel Mutt', 'Goldie', 'Piggy', etc).

His mother is a breed between a Dachshund (the 'sausage dog') and a mutt dog, while his father is only Yorkshire.

However, he kinda of cheated on his 'Karla' not too long ago. At least Fir is coming.

I know a Matthew - guy's been arrested a lot

My actual name is Julia

I knew an Elise and she was a jerk who shoved me into a pool once

I have friends named Ryan, Sylvia, and Clarisse

I'm related to a Xander

My name is Ruben. Which means I get to kill myself in my favourite FE game.

Aside from that, I know a Samuel who's the complete opposite of Samuel, and an Ivan, though I suppose The Last Promise doesn't count...?

EDIT: I just realized the "good" wiki uses the outdated name for Samuel, while the "bad" one was updated accordingly. Go figure.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just realized the "good" wiki uses the outdated name for Samuel, while the "bad" one was updated accordingly. Go figure.

Make an account and help update it then. Or one day let's coordinate a massive movement where we just click on the good wiki links instead of the bad ones so that in the end we see the good one being the first search result.

In TLP I know there's this cavalier named Eduardo, which is my name.

FE8 has this Pablo dude show up in the Carcino "arc" and that's a pretty common name where I live, some of my friends have it.

9 hours ago, Lightningdawn said:

I know a Matthew - guy's been arrested a lot

9 hours ago, Lightningdawn said:

I knew an Elise and she was a jerk who shoved me into a pool once

These actually sound accurate.

Matthew is my name. I know a Hector, a Heath, a Roy, an Oliver, a Chad, a Mark, a Dorothea (but we call her Thea), and at least three Chris's (I think at least one spells it Kris). I have a friend named Joshua. I knew a Jake (Jacob, actually) and a Clarisse. The closest name to Knoll is my dad, Noel (pronounced the same way). I think my older sister knows a Lyn. Closest I've seen to Eliwood was a teacher in high school (I never had him though) with the last name Elwood.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade