People you know irl with FE character names

Dragoncat

I am one of the Ten Elites. One letter is different.
Here's a hint: my weapon is a giant magic hammer and my Crest conserves Black Magic uses. And best girl has my name as her last name.

If my father had his way when I was born, I'd be a Xander in addition to one of the Elites (granted, Alexander, but leave the "Ale-" out and you have Xander). In hindsight, I'm glad that he didn't.

I had a classmate named Leonie, one of the people I know in university is called Lorenz (he's suspiciously similar to his Three Houses counterpart: stuck-up, obnoxious, absolutely full of himself and equipped with a wonderfully punchable face), my great-aunt's name was Edelgard, and my little cousin's name is Mia. Oh, and Frederick was my grandma's pet hamster.

And my grandpa is the boss of Chapter 7 in Fire Emblem Blazing Sword. That probably nobody remembers.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my physics teachers in college had the last name of Stahl. He was an eccentric yet fun teacher that was good at finding entertaining physics problems in real world situations both practical and bizarre.

Ephraim is both a person and a place in the Bible, and I'm annoyed that the Fire Emblem character jumps to mind whenever I see them. Seth is also the third son of Adam and Eve.

I know a city that's called Niles, as well as a few Matthews.

On 1/7/2020 at 3:10 PM, DragonFlames said:

Oh, and Frederick was my grandma's pet hamster.

My brother's hamster is Jerry/Jerald.

He's kinda got a Jeralt attitude. Once my mom was having her coffee at 6am and looked up and saw him just run across the floor. He'd gotten out of his little home. Like Jeralt being cornered by some thugs against a wall or a fence and he just has his horse jump it. Can totally see it. Escape artist.

"Don't try this at home."

Leonie: Okay I'll try it in public.

50 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

My brother's hamster is Jerry/Jerald.

He's kinda got a Jeralt attitude. Once my mom was having her coffee at 6am and looked up and saw him just run across the floor. He'd gotten out of his little home. Like Jeralt being cornered by some thugs against a wall or a fence and he just has his horse jump it. Can totally see it. Escape artist.

"Don't try this at home."

Leonie: Okay I'll try it in public.

XD

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

XD

He's really named after this pilot my brother was learning from who died. But let's face it, "Jerry" would be a pet name Byleth's mom would have used. "Jeraldo" as a "you're in trouble, sleep on the couch" name.

Wow. I'm Italian but this actually made me curious. Let's see what the wiki has to say (I can't remember every FE character off the top of my head, what is my memory good for even)

Anna (two, ironically one half-Irish, the other my half-American cousin). One Luna (Japanese name for Fates!Severa). Felicia's my best friend's current crush (not the Fates character, one of his classmates is a Moldavian girl called Felicia). Camilla (one of my best friends, plus another one), three Elisa (not Elise but close enough) and a Charlotte (a "holiday flame", from back when I was... 12). Silvia (one is the mother to one of the Elisa), three Claudio (Italian equivalent of Claud), one Patty (aunt's nickname) and Linda (old friend's mom). Two Lorenz(o) (friends, one very unpleasant at times), many Cecil(ia) and, of course, a TON of Marias. Ironically, just one Lucia, one or two Elenas and one Nico (nickname for Niccolò) out of Tellius' massive cast. One of my childhood friends was this kid called Marcus who actually offered to give me his FFXIII-2 (not sure why I didn't just grab it, maybe I didn't have my PS3 at that time), but I also know a Dorotea (similar to Dorothy and Dorothea, one of my middle school teachers, miss her a lot) and my 1-month old niece is called Tea (similar to the FE6 peg). A lot from FE7, interestingly enough: Matteo (for Matthew), Rebecca, Priscilla, Carla (Karla). This last one happens to be the mother of the above-mentioned Patty, grandmother to one of the Elisa, to an Erika and to a Leila, both mother and mother-in-law to two Alberto (similar to Elbert). I've met a Franz, a Ross, know an Arturo (similar to both Arthur and Artur), my neighbor's name is Pablo, I know a Walter and a few Serenas (similar to both Selena and my girl Syrene). One of my mom's cousins is called Monica, too (Orson's dead wife iirc). Pretty sure I had an English teacher called Tania, and I know a lot of people with names like Marty, such as Marta, my sister, a few Martinas (one of which I had my first kiss with when I was like 7, now she's a teen mom, fun conversations were had). I know a Lara (mother to said Erika and Leila), a couple Saras and a few Giulia (most not nearly as cool as Julia). Lastly, TRS: an actual Silva (my dentist, Sun's mom), an Alice (kinda like Alicia), a Rennie (nickname of another one of my mom's cousins, mother to the half-American Anna). Said Anna's second name also happens to be Lee. Marcus' dad was called Lionel, my godfather's name was Ernesto (kinda like Ernst). Guess what, there's another Marta here (with an h though) and finally (Saint Rubenio might love this) Marta collects stuffed animals. Her pig is called "Eugenio Pancetta", which roughly translates to "Eugen Bacon". I probably overdid it, I'm going to bed now.

Three Houses has characters of varying prominence with variants of my dad's, my two sisters', and my own name. The only one who isn't represented in some way is my mom (not just in Three Houses, but in the whole series, afaik, hope that gets rectified soon).

I'm one of the Elites.

Edit: I stand corrected. After a quick search I found out there's a very obscure character in the lore of Archanea with a variant of my mom's name. All is well.

Edited by Book Bro

A lot. I will exclude variations of the names cause the list would be immense, but here we go: 

Bruno: A very common name in Brazil, there's one Bruno in every corner 

Tatiana: name of two of my cousins, it's a very common name here too

Stefan: I know a lot of Stefan's too, ironically all of them are hot 

Ingrid: professional dog trainer that trained my dog

Manuela: One of my high school best friends. She loved reggae, new age stuff, nature and all this stuff 

Laura: A best friend for life

Marcia: A cousin 

Isadora: Cousin, I know quite a lot of Isadoras though

Leonardo: A guy I used to date 

Alice: a surfer, chill girl, she was a former friend but we lost touch. We used to travel to beach on weekends often 

Leon: A party friend and former classmate at University 

Karla: My high school teacher. I know a lot of Carlas though 

Lena: Common nickname for Helena, my aunt and summer friend are often called Lena 

Olivia: My best friend toddler daughter. 

Nanna: A nurse that took care of me when I did a surgery years ago 

Constance: a colleague at college, she was a very nice, pretty and refined girl 

Henry: a famous actor, his family used to have a summer house next to my parents 

Flavia: The horrible grumpy grandmother of one of my friends 

Priscila: childhood friend

Lucina: a very annoying coworker

Lucia: my aunt through marriage. 

Oscar: An old man that was my neighbour

Igrene: Another old lady that was a neighbor

Mia: Nickname of a friend 

Meg: My puppy, a daschund

Rebecca: My late dog

Linda: My friend dogs and an old woman I know 

Hilda: An old lady that was my classmate at a mandatory class at University. She was quite funny and fought a lot with the professor 

Julian: two different acquitances 

Roger: the drummer of the band of my friends 

Abel: gardener of the workplace, very nice old man  

Louise: acquitance 

Jeorge: old great uncle 

Tomas: a photographer I used to work and sometimes go to happy hours after work. I know a lot more Tomas though 

Athena: An acquitance from university 

Flora: A classmate in literature class. I know some more Flora's though 

Elen: A friend 

Astolfo: My cousins dog 

Cecilia: I know quite a lot of Cecilias 

Maria is a very common name but it's often composed like Maria Carolina, Maria Theresa, Maria Lucia, etc...

There's more but now I'm tired of typing names 

Edited by Mylady

I've got too many too count.  The two most prominent examples are my children, Leo and Est.

My first and middle names have no exact matches, but come close.

Not a lot, one of my former friend was named Felix but that's a common name.

Met a girl named Morganne which is close to Morgan.

Also a few Felicia, sadly none were my girlfriend.

My dad is the Green cavalier from Cipher, just with an extra L. Though he goes by "Randy" a lot, which is the name of a FE6 boss.

The rest of my immediate family doesn't share any names (for the curious: Stacy, Keira, and Connor).

I know a Stefan, Morgan and Damien, I also knew a Joshua, but she changed her name. None of them are anything like their FE counterparts.

My name, Bart, is close enough to Bartre imo, we both have facial hair so we have that in common. (I know Barth is closer, but Bartre is just cooler)

My father’s name is Marcus but he just goes by Mark.

My girlfriend’s name is Wendy but she’s a Cleric instead of an Armor Knight.

One of my best friends is named Roy. He plays as Samus in Smash Bros instead of Roy though. I actually use Roy more.

Edited by Whisky

I know a stefan.

I am one of the ten elites. I killed my friend's avatar with a dark crusher. (It was fun to watch.)

• 3 weeks later...

Coming back because I forgot a few!

If we're counting online friends/acquaintances, I know three Krises and a Fin (though with only one N and short for Finley), as well as a Douglas, a Raven, a Virgil, a Percival (with an i), a Camila (one L), and one person who goes by both Heather and Morgan.

For more people I know or knew in person, there's a friend of a childhood friend who was named Anthony, and a kid in my old homeschool group from back when I was high school-aged was named Samuel. I also recall a Leo in that same group, vaguely. I actually don't even know if he was part of that group, I just know there was a Leo somewhere, in my life. My dad also has friends named Alan (with a second A) and Doug, though I'm actually not sure if that Doug's name is short for Douglas or if it's just Doug.

Edited by Topaz Light

• 2 weeks later...

I've known a Hector, Jesse, Matthew, Joshua, Chris, Silas, Leonardo (we call him Leo so that's another one), Julian, Mark (though i think it's spelled Marc, whatever i'm counting it), and my brothers cat, Wendy. That's all i can think of so far

I share my name with at least two, at most four, FE characters.

One of my uncles shares a name of an FE6 boss from the western isles.

I know a family friend who shares a name with a backstory character in 3H.

And I have a coworker who might share a name with an archer from my favorite game, depending on how you spell it.

That's what comes to mind off the top of my head.