What Three Houses characters could appear in a Fire Emblem Warriors 2?

Gregster101

It's been a few years since Fire Emblem Warriors came out, and Koei Tecmo has expressed interest in doing a sequel. Now that Three Houses has been out for some time and proved to be very successful, there's no doubt in mind that there will be representation for it in a sequel. Which brings us to this topic today. What Three Houses characters do you think they will include in a sequel? These are who I would think would be included:

• Byleth (Infantry Sword, Male and Female skins)
  • Edelgard (Infantry Axe)
  • Dimitri (Infantry Lance)
  • Claude (Infantry Bow)
  • Hubert (Infantry Tome)
  • Dedue (Armored Axe)
  • Hilda (Infantry Axe)
  • Seteth (Flier Lance)
  • Flayn (Infantry Tome)
  • Death Knight (Cavalry Lance, Villain Rep)

Basically I can see the lineup being Byleth, the three house leaders and their respective retainers, and Seteth and Flayn as Church representatives, as well as the Death Knight for a potential villain rep if they decide to make the villains playable this time anyway. For what it's worth, you do get a decent amount of weapon variety from this line up, with one sword user, three axe users, three lance users, one bow user, and two tome users.

What about you guys, what Three Houses characters do you think they would include in a hypothetical Fire Emblem Warriors 2?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Byleth with hopefully a unique whip sword move set, Edelgard as an Axe Armor, Dimitri as a Lance Infantry, Claude on a Wyvern w/ Bow, and Sothis as a dragon would be really easy choices. 

As for the not-so-easy choices, I would predict Bernadetta as a sniper, Felix as a Swordmaster, Lysithea as a “tactical nuke” and Flayn as either a fisherman or Faith-wielder.

Byleth and the main trio obviously. 

I think Hubert and Hilda are very likely too since they are essentially the most important characters in their respective house. Dedue is a bit more questionable. Heroes rather openly snubbed him because he wasn't pretty enough. 

Rhea and Seteth would join as the most important npc's. 

I think Felix, Bernadetta and Lysithea might be included as the most popular characters of their respective houses. I wouldn't say its impossible for Ashe and Petra to find their spots on the roster either.

The Death Knight is a more questionable add. He's not particularly well received and his ''do not pursue Lu Bu'' gimmick could just as easily be given to the more successful Black Knight. I suppose his inclusion hinge on whether Tellius units get added or not. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I disagree with that list. Dedue is not a popular character at all and I don't expect armors to be included right now since FEW1 did not have them. I'm also going to assume Death Knight would be a boss character only and not playable since Iago, Gharnef, and Validar got this treatment. And even if Death Knight were playable, he shouldn't be the only cavalry unit imo.

Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, and Edelgard are givens, though, I'll give that much. Claude would be a bow wyvern, Dimitri an infantry lance, and Edelgard an infantry axe. And Byleth, of course is infantry sword.

Besides them, I'd add one more rep from each house.

Golden Deer: Hilda, axe infantry

Blue Lions: Sylvain, lance cavalry (I'm very biased towards him, yeah, but he also appears to be popular)

Black Eagles: Hubert, infantry mage

Seteth and Flayn as a lance wyvern and infantry mage respectively are good additions too.

DLC: Felix as an infantry sword, Lysithea as a mounted mage (so we get another horse), Bernadetta as an infantry archer.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree with that list. Dedue is not a popular character at all and I don't expect armors to be included right now since FEW1 did not have them. I'm also going to assume Death Knight would be a boss character only and not playable since Iago, Gharnef, and Validar got this treatment. And even if Death Knight were playable, he shouldn't be the only cavalry unit imo.

You could argue not having armors the first time around is exactly the reason you need to include them the second time. 

The black mage loser brigade not being playable likely has more to do with them being such losers than them being bosses. Hyrule Warriors had far less problems with making the villains playable and this likely had to do with those villains actually being decent characters. 

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

You could argue not having armors the first time around is exactly the reason you need to include them the second time. 

The black mage loser brigade not being playable likely has more to do with them being such losers than them being bosses. Hyrule Warriors had far less problems with making the villains playable and this likely had to do with those villains actually being decent characters. 

Yeah, true, but tbh, I also have another issue with armors being in a game like this. I just don't think they're suited for it, pun kind of intended. Armors are known to be super slow, and if the devs kept to that, their running speed would be sloggish and they'd be annoying to move around on these big Warriors maps. If you make their running speed faster to compensate, then it just looks odd to see these characters running like that in all that heavy armor.

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Of course it should exist. Its a chance to take the amazing crossover idea and do it properly.

Warriors and Fire Emblem are a very natural crossover combo.

hack and slash games are a thing of the past and shouldnt be in development anymore unless they are truly revamped. i have yet to see any developers undertake this task and thus i believe they shouldnt exist anymore. not sure how one gets satisfaction from endlessly slashing the air. 

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Warriors and Fire Emblem are a very natural crossover combo.

Agreed. I just don't think the first game realized its full potential. The DLC should've at least been characters from games other than Awakening, Fates, and SD. And Owain and Navarre should've been free DLC, not paid. And Ike should've been in the game period if Lyn was allowed to be. Honestly, the big problem was the roster in general.

Thankfully, the Warriors devs pretty much never cut characters, so we'll see the first game's whole roster return in addition to the new characters coming in.

2 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

not sure how one gets satisfaction from endlessly slashing the air. 

But...you're not slashing the air? You're plowing your way through hoards of enemies. I think it's super fun and I wish more Warriors games would be released on Nintendo consoles. I'm not buying a PS system just for one game.

If you don't like Warriors games, fine, but don't come in here complaining about them. This isn't the thread for that.

6 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

hack and slash games are a thing of the past and shouldnt be in development anymore unless they are truly revamped. i have yet to see any developers undertake this task and thus i believe they shouldnt exist anymore. not sure how one gets satisfaction from endlessly slashing the air. 

Bashing Warriors games is so 2010. They quickly became a lot more accepted by the industry when they stopped focusing on obscure historical figures and went for One Piece and Zelda characters instead. The days were they got an instant 4/10 for being ''mindless'' are kinda over.

Also Platinum games are hack and slash too and those almost consistently get rated very highly. 

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Agreed. I just don't think the first game realized its full potential. The DLC should've at least been characters from games other than Awakening, Fates, and SD. And Owain and Navarre should've been free DLC, not paid. And Ike should've been in the game period if Lyn was allowed to be. Honestly, the big problem was the roster in general.

Thankfully, the Warriors devs pretty much never cut characters, so we'll see the first game's whole roster return in addition to the new characters coming in.

But...you're not slashing the air? You're plowing your way through hoards of enemies. I think it's super fun and I wish more Warriors games would be released on Nintendo consoles. I'm not buying a PS system just for one game.

If you don't like Warriors games, fine, but don't come in here complaining about them. This isn't the thread for that.

not complaining just stating an opinion

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Bashing Warriors games is so 2010. They quickly became a lot more accepted by the industry when they stopped focusing on obscure historical figures and went for One Piece and Zelda characters instead. The days were they got an instant 4/10 for being ''mindless'' are kinda over.

Also Platinum games are hack and slash too and those almost consistently get rated very highly. 

true at least they drifted away from that. 

Byleth and the Lord Trio are givens. 

Dorithia I could see being in as a mage fighter, Hilda could be an axe fighter, Sylvain as a mounted lance fighter, Ashe as an archer, and Duduo as a armored fighter preferably wielding an axe.

Probably thrown in the Death Knight as boss too.

Thank God Three Houses is amazing, because this time I'll have characters to actually look forward to in a Fire Emblem Warriors game lmfao.

23 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, and Astral Chain would all like a word with you, buddy.

Edited by Roland

Three Houses is amazing, yeah, so I'd welcome lots of that cast to FEW2! Just Sylvain in addition to Claude would make me super happy though. :3 And best redhead's got a chance since he's popular!

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Zihark11 said:

not sure how one gets satisfaction from endlessly slashing the air. 

I agree with others, there isn't anything wrong with the game. Also, not all games have to be complex to be fun. By that logic, alot of games could be seen as "boring".

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I agree with others, there isn't anything wrong with the game. Also, not all games have to be complex to be fun. By that logic, alot of games could be seen as "boring".

i need more personally to be entertained. same with tv shows and in general. straight and narrow is boring to me. 

1 minute ago, Zihark11 said:

i need more personally to be entertained. same with tv shows and in general. straight and narrow is boring to me. 

I dont think this is a good reason as to why the game shouldn't exist, alot people like the games pacing, nothing wrong with that. But your free to believe what you want, I guess.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I dont think this is a good reason as to why the game shouldn't exist, alot people like the games pacing, nothing wrong with that. But your free to believe what you want, I guess.

i feel like if they actually put effort into it and made a story and actually good characters. it would be playable. 

Edited by Zihark11

1 minute ago, Zihark11 said:

i feel like if they actually put effort into it and made a story and actually good characters. it would be playable. 

I think the idea is that its supposed to be simple. Easy to get into, relaxing to play. Not everyone wants awakening Lunatic+ gameplay.

The main Three Houses characters I see getting in are both Byleths, Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Hubert, Dedue, and Hilda.  The MCs are a given, and Hubert and Dedue have important roles as primary retainers to their respective Lords.  Hilda is less connected to Claude, but she might as well be treated as his retainer just because of how much less accessible she is.

And those should honestly be enough.  I'd prefer Warriors 2 to take the opportunities they missed in the first game to feature popular characters from outside Archanea and Hoshido-Nohr.  My opinions of Three Houses after playing it are poor and I would rather Warriors 2 not be Three Houses Warriors.

5 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The main Three Houses characters I see getting in are both Byleths, Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Hubert, Dedue, and Hilda.  The MCs are a given, and Hubert and Dedue have important roles as primary retainers to their respective Lords.  Hilda is less connected to Claude, but she might as well be treated as his retainer just because of how much less accessible she is.

And those should honestly be enough.  I'd prefer Warriors 2 to take the opportunities they missed in the first game to feature popular characters from outside Archanea and Hoshido-Nohr.  My opinions of Three Houses after playing it are poor and I would rather Warriors 2 not be Three Houses Warriors.

Oh same. I hope that in addition to Three Houses, they give spotlight to characters from older games this time like Elibe, Tellius, and Valentia

14 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I'm the opposite of this. I'd like Ellibe and Tellius, but I won't mind Three Houses if the focus. Either way, I have a feeling I'll have more characters that I'll actually care about in FE Warriors 2, if it ever happens.

Edited by Roland