What Three Houses characters could appear in a Fire Emblem Warriors 2?

Gregster101

If there would be a FE Warriors 2 then its unthinkable that Three Houses characters wouldn't be included. Not only is it the new hot and very successful Fire Emblem, but its also co developed by Koei. This ensures the Three Houses cast are Koei's babies just as much as they are of IS. The success of Three Houses likely gives Koei a certain amount of pride about the cast and since the models are likely already somewhere in Koei's files its even harder to ignore for a company that has the reputation of being a little lazy. Three Houses characters have a very appealing combination of both being less work for Koei as well as more artistically fulfilling since they are partly their own characters. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So long as they bring back Lyn, they can add whoever they want!

*Ahem* I think Byleth (both male and female, male probably in the story), Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude are all givens. Aside from them, I'd bet we get:
Hubert
Petra
Dedue
Felix
Hilda
Lysithea
Seteth
Flayn
Kronya

That's 14 characters, including the two Byleths separately. The same number of characters Fates got in total (including Iago) after all DLC was said and done. I bet the sequel will allow for more characters at launch, so 14 here. For DLC, I bet we'll get:

Dorothea
Ashe
Marianne
Catherine

One character for each house, plus the academy, bringing the total number of Three Houses characters to 18.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, true, but tbh, I also have another issue with armors being in a game like this. I just don't think they're suited for it, pun kind of intended. Armors are known to be super slow, and if the devs kept to that, their running speed would be sloggish and they'd be annoying to move around on these big Warriors maps. If you make their running speed faster to compensate, then it just looks odd to see these characters running like that in all that heavy armor.

I think it could work if their running speed (in this case, "Mov") were set to 3 or 4 (as opposed to the default 5 Mov for infantry in FEW) allowing them to be a bit slower than normal infantry but not sloggishly so, in the same vein that Tiki (for whatever reason...) has 6 Mov which makes her just a teensy bit faster but not even coming close to cavalry speed. They would have improved strength and defense stats to compensate for their slow movement, but they could still simply be ferried by cavs/fliers (though if this makes them OP,  we could either slow the movement of cavs/fliers when paired with armors or make armors unable to be paired up. ...but that's another can of worms). We should also bear in mind that both Edelgard and Black Knight are unnaturally fast for armored units due to their crests/laguz blood respectively, so they could retain the standard 5 Mov or even have 6 Mov like Tiki.

Anything to get BK in there. Not that anyone needs convincing, but I said it once and I'll say it again: he's made for FEW; he can already mop the floor after making it bloody with corpses with most enemies in the Tellius games. Heck, I used to replay a spare save of FE10 Part 1-Endgame just so I could wreck the whole map with him.

7 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

not sure how one gets satisfaction from endlessly slashing the air. 

Let me put it this way. For some people such as myself, Warriors games (for me, FEW in particular) are...karmic. Stress relievers. Rage venters when you're in a bad mood. Nothing's quite as karmic as feeling so invincible you can mindlessly curb-stomp everything in your path, with a small challenge in enemy commanders you can defeat with exciting, flashy specials. Being a mindless hack-and-slash isn't all that bad.

'Course I do perfectly understand being left with something to be desired. To each their own. If a FEW2 does happen then at the very least, along with BK, I hope there is a Quick Play mode where you simply pick your units and go to town on a randomly chosen map with randomly generated enemies and bases (within reason). After 100%'ing Story and History Mode in FEW1, I was left with nothing more to do other than pick a map and play for the aforementioned karmic relief.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

I think at the very least we will see the core members of each faction from Three Houses. So maybe something like...

• Byleth (Sword)
  • Edelgard (Axe)
  • Dimitri (Lance)
  • Claude (Bow)
  • Hubert (Magic)
  • Dedue (Axe)
  • Hilda (Axe)
  • Rhea (Sword)
  • Seteth (Lance)
  • Death Knight (Lance)

And depending on how big they want the roster to be they might add an additional popular character or two from each house (like Dorothea for BE, Felix for BL, Lysithea from GD for example) though I expect additional house members to be DLC or something.

I think they'll probably go like

Byleth (Sword, Unique)

Edelgard (Armor Axe, Unique)

Dimitri (Infantry Lance, Unique)

Claude (Wyvern Bow, Unique)

Hubert (Infantry Mage)

Felix (Infantry Sword, Either copies Navarre or unique)

Hilda (Infantry Axe, Unique)

Ferdinand/Bernadetta (New Lance Paladin/Unique Bow Cav)

Sylvain (Paladin, Same moveset as Ferdinand)

Lysithea (Infantry Mage, same as hubert)

Rhea (Sword, Unique)

Seteth (Lance Wyvern, Unique)

Boss: Solon (Mage, to fit the other mage bosses in the game, copies Validar and the like)

With as Dlc

Ferdinand/Bernadetta (The one not in base game)

Dedue (Armor Lance, Unique)

Marianne (Magic based sword unit, Unique)

Edited by Gordin

1 hour ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Since I feel I should give a proper on-topic response, I don't particularly care which 3H characters they put in, but they'll get brownie points for including best ladies Annette and Catherine.

Catherine seems decently likely. Aside from Seteth she's the most prominent staff member at Gerag Mach. I'm not sure if she's particularly popular though. 

The Obvious

Byleth

Edelgard

Dimitri

Claude

1 Popular Student from Each House

Bernadetta, Petra, or Dorothea

Lysithea, Hilda, or Marianne 

Sylvain, Felix, or Ingrid

2-3 Church Members

Seteth

Rhea

Maybe Shamir

Hopefully not Flayn.

That's a fairly large roster at 9-10 characters. But it should be noted that Fates had a whopping 12 characters. 

24 minutes ago, Etheus said:

The Obvious

Byleth

Edelgard

Dimitri

Claude

1 Popular Student from Each House

Bernadetta, Petra, or Dorothea

Lysithea, Hilda, or Marianne 

Sylvain, Felix, or Ingrid

2-3 Church Members

Seteth

Rhea

Maybe Shamir

Hopefully not Flayn.

That's a fairly large roster at 9-10 characters. But it should be noted that Fates had a whopping 12 characters. 

With the DLC mind you. Although even base game wise, it still had a lot, with 9 characters (which is the same amount of characters that I predict with Three Houses)

19 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

With the DLC mind you. Although even base game wise, it still had a lot, with 9 characters (which is the same amount of characters that I predict with Three Houses)

The point is taken.

Though I really do think Three Houses deserves the same treatment Fates got, if not better. The same 9 character starting roster, with 3 dlc characters.

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

The point is taken.

Though I really do think Three Houses deserves the same treatment Fates got, if not better. The same 9 character starting roster, with 3 dlc characters.

Oh for sure. Wouldn't even be it opposed to it getting three students per house in the base game honestly, just so long as the other focus games (likely Elibe and Tellius in this case) get good representation as well

16 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Oh for sure. Wouldn't even be it opposed to it getting three students per house in the base game honestly, just so long as the other focus games (likely Elibe and Tellius in this case) get good representation as well

I think Tellius could do with the Awakening treatment (6 base, 3 dlc), while Elibe could be adequately represented with the Shadow Dragon treatment (3 + 3, in addition to Lyn). 

As for Magvel, Jugdral, and Valentia, add in one from each (Alm, Sigurd, and Ephraim). 

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

I think Tellius could do with the Awakening treatment (6 base, 3 dlc), while Elibe could be adequately represented with the Shadow Dragon treatment (3 + 3, in addition to Lyn). 

As for Magvel, Jugdral, and Valentia, add in one from each (Alm, Sigurd, and Ephraim). 

They could give Tellius and Elibe a little bit more than that, but who knows.

I certainly hope Alm is included, cuz I'm still mad that they snubbed him a spot alongside Celica in the first game

You know i can see Koei doing a Koei and make Byleth DLC, like Azura.

I also wonder how they handle Time Skip Lords and EO Byleth, they do have seperate animation/movesets.

Also 3H spoiler 

Spoiler

Flame Emperor Alt for Time Skip El pls

On 1/7/2020 at 12:07 AM, Etheus said:

I think no game could adequately be represented by the Shadow Dragon treatment. Lyn and Celica were an afterthought but team Marth only barely less so. Three characters is just too little to represent a game.

It wasn't a good look for the base game to make it so very clear that Shadow Dragon wasn't a priority for them after having already decreed that the vast amount of Fire Emblem history wasn't a priority to them. Perhaps Warriors 2 won't have the roster baggage but adding a continent with much less than even the barest minimal requirement is likely to make fans more angry than pleased. As the continent that started Fire Emblem in the west I also like to think that Elibe deserves much more than something that doesn't even cover the bare minimum requirement. It tends to annoy me when Elibe gets neglected despite what it meant for the series. If one continent should be snubbed so openly then it definitely shouldn't be Elibe. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I would like to see a Warriors Orochi 3 U amount of playable characters! But back to reality rework some of the old guys(Minerva) and make Dario playable. Then for new units you have the big one(Byleth and the leaders) I would like 2 students from each class and maybe 1 more for each on dlc. I would like some Laguz... all those stones and only one unit to wield them... 

Byleth and the lords, obviously.

Hubert is a must as Edelgard's confidante. Hilda fulfills a similar role for Claude. Since Dedue's not popular in Japan AFAIK, go with the polar opposite and take Felix.

Seteth and Flayn to rep the Church.

And a DLC pack: Dorothea (a magic version of Olivia), Ingrid, and Marianne.

I haven't played any Tellius or Elibe (minus 3 chapters of Lyn mode in 2014 just to learn the basics of FE) to pick specifics, but Roy + any unique 6, and Ike + any unique 6. Plus 3 more each for DLC.

2 more from Shadow Dragon, and Alm.

For weapon types etc:

An armored lance user (there's already a partial moveset in the game, and low Mov didn't seem to be as punishing as regular FE).

A mounted lance user.

A mounted bow user.

For 3H characters, their base outfits are their school uniforms, and change to their Part 2 outfits upon promotion. Byleth gets EO, Seteth and Flayn get something new (Maybe based on the statues of Cichol and Cethleann?).

EDIT: Although I will say, I feel like they would've announced FEW2 by now if there was going to be one. But I hope I'm wrong and they surprise us.

Edited by Sid Starkiller

I expect about the same representation Fates got, with 12ish characters total spread among the 3 original routes.

So Byleth, and 4 people of each house. I don't expect any faculty because they are all not that popular, except as unplayable villains.

I'd guess Edelgard, Dorothea, Bernie, Hubert... Dimitri, Felix, Ingrid, Silvain... Claude, Hilda, Marianne, Lysinthea. And Byleth.

At the very least the four major players are guaranteed:

• Byleth (New sword infantry moveset)
  • Edelgard (New axe armor moveset)
  • Dimitri (Probably new lance infantry moveset that's more lordly than Oboro's Soldier-style, unless they're feeling lazy)
  • Claude (New bow flying moveset)

After that I expect at least one additional character from each class, maybe two if they're feeling saucy.

If it were up to me we'd get Hubert (new Dark Mage moveset), Bernadetta (new Bow Knight moveset), Dedue (new Brawler moveset or just axe armor), Mercedes (Linde clone), Hilda (new Fighter moveset because Lissa's is too War Cleric-flavored to repurpose), and Leonie (Bow Knight again), but Lysithea is a probable candidate if they go through with making a proper Dark Mage moveset.

Then, as the cherry on top (possibly as DLC), Flayn (Linde clone?) and Seteth (new Lance Wyvern moveset).

• 9 months later...

Here's my most wanted/ideal list for 3H, including the entirety of the Ashen Wolves. And ideally with 2 movesets per character.

Church/Neutral:

Byleth (Whip Sword, Brawling)

Seteth (Lance Flier, Axe Flier)

Rhea (Light Sword, Brawling)

Black Eagles:

Edelgard (Axe Lord, Dark Mage)

Bernadetta (Bow Cavalry, Lance Cavalry)

Petra (Dagger Flier, Bow Flier)

Linhardt (Holy Knight, Lance Cavalry)

Blue Lions:

Dimitri (Lance Lord, Hero)

Felix (Myrmidon, Brawler)

Sylvain (Lance Cavalry, Dark Knight)

Annette (Fire Mage, War Cleric)

Golden Deer:

Claude (Bow Flier, Sword Flier)

Hilda (Warrior, Soldier)

Marianne (Holy Knight, Sword Cavalry)

Lysithea (Dark Mage, Light Sword)

Ashen Wolves:

Yuri (Myrmidon, Rogue Bow)

Hapi (Dark Knight, Great Knight)

Constance (Tome Flier, Sword Flier)

Balthus (Brawling, War Priest)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GrizzedInMyPants said:

If there ends up being no Ferdinand, I riot!

You know, picking favorite BE characters is like choosing which limbs to keep. Ferdinand was like the next contender, and I still wonder if maybe dropping Petra for him would be better.

You can't make me drop Bernadetta or best boy Linhardt though. No sir.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier