The Developer of the last non-FE game you played is in charge of the next FE game. How will it be like?

So, a small forum game i stole from another forum that i thought could fit here πŸ˜‰

And no, Paper Mario and Advance Wars don't count. Neither do KT gamesΒ πŸ˜›

Β 

The last game i played was Crosscode. And if the developers of that game is to make a FE game...

Puzzles

Puzzles everywhere

With no hints.

You gotta walk around the map with your lord triggering stuff to figure your way forward.

Edited by Shrimperor

The last game I belive I played was either sword and shield or Code Vein. So it's either FE x God Eater/soulsborne or We have Game freak doing a FE game which I don't have much confidence in. The former one sounds real interesting though

The last non-FE game I played was Command & Conquer: Red Alert.

This would mean Westwood Studios would be in charge of the next FE game, but they went out of business.Β  So I guess that role would default to EA.

F***.

EDIT: Wait, does Petroglyph Games count as Westwood nowadays?Β  They were formed by ex-Westwood employees.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

I would actually really like a Fire Emblem Art Academy. We could draw characters to weapons to cipher art in the advanced classes. Not to mention maybeΒ drawing important moments in the series like Ike's battle against the Black Knight

Oh crap. My brother picked out Sonic and the Black Knight from my collection and we played it.

The next Fire Emblem stars Marth getting pulled unceremoniously into a story book where he must defeat a corruptedΒ King Arthur which, despite being a fictional character himself, he has absolutely heard of and is now part of archaneanΒ history. The other Knights of the Round also appear as familiar faces who don't recognize Marth but have orders to kill him. Let's say Hardin is Perceval, Camus is Lancelot, Michalis is Gawain. Upon defeating them, you can play as the other Knights, but they have no strengths or new abilities compared to Marth. They're just worse.

The gameplay is still vaguely fire emblem, but the grid is gone and so is the concept of turns so it's a real time strategy. The map design is also just a hallway straight to the end. You move units freely, but as you do so the cursor is very imprecise. Moving forward could be pressing up, left, right, it just keeps changing on you in a frustrating fashion with so many camera angle changes. You know how the fast travel menu is very imprecise in Three Houses? Imagine that but all the time when playing. Character's movement speed revs up progressively the more you hold forward. Starting at a snail's pace and eventually being so fast you can't really control. Bumping into an enemy allows them to get a free hit on you, so it's best to avoid them. You also need to run face first into crates for vulneraries. Every level has a time limit and some quick time events. And you're playing with a wii remote, so there's an added delay of the game reading your real life inputs.

The game is also two hours long, but there is a bonus true ending if you keep playing where Tiki betrays you for some reason.

The last non-FE game I played was Okami. Not sure how that would work since Clover is gone.

Unless we're counting shovelware.

The developers behind Shrek Forever After DS doing an FE game.....

We're doomedΒ I guess we all have a new FE game to hate on.

I played Fallout: New Vegas last, so we'd get Obsidian?!Β  Fuckin' A, I'm down for a Fire Emblem written by J.E. Sawyer.Β  Might be a bit more mature and dark than your typical FE, but it's gonna have a pretty damn good story and characters.Β  I'd see them going down a KotOR II route with the game, deconstructing the core morals dilemmas of typical Fire Emblem games and making you actually feel more sympathetic towards those who are usually the generic baddies, or else giving them more of a reason to do bad things than "I am evil and hateful".Β  It'll be the game we wanted Fates: Conquest to be, and there'll be plenty of ways for the story to play out, with no definitive "golden ending", allowing the player to decide from themselves what theyΒ think is the best outcome to pursue.

Along with that, they're gonna stuff the game with a bunch of silly references.Β  And the way they'll deal with weapon progression is they'll give you immediate access to more powerful weapons, but they're harder to wield and will break sooner (so basically like the original Mystery of the Emblem).Β  Definitely can't wait to break the game with FE: Obsidian's equivalent of Caeda.

Spyro Reignited. Toys For Bob would remake a classic FE game, they'd probably do Elibe. They'd work with the team who was in IS at the time of the Elibe games' development to make it as true as possible to the original but they would change/censor some of the dialogue and enemiesΒ to keep an E10 rating.

I realize now I played BotW more recently, but I'm keeping my answer.

The last game I played recently was Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, so the developer would be Masahiro Sakurai.Β 

The trailers and E3 presentations would involve plenty of trolling the fans.Β  As for the game itself, there would be a reduced emphasis on story, but what story is there would be heavy with, "You thought [x] was the main bad guy? It's actually [y]! Except, [y] was actually working for [z] the whole time!" plot twists. There would also be a childlike happy-go-lucky innocent hero who somehow manages to be the catalyst for the heroes escaping the darkest hour.Β 

octopath traveler + fire emblem

i guess this FE game would have actually engaging mechanics and compelling characters even if they'd haveΒ 1/10 of a normal FE character'sΒ dialogue lines, showing how characters don't need thousands of thousands of empty words to make players interested (right, claude?)

it would contain mature contents (more than fire emblem pretends to do anyway)Β and the soundtrack would be very good as well

Edited by Yexin

Castlevania III:Β 

Provided it's IGA and not Konami, it'd be nice to see the gothic artstyle used for FE, and we'd probably have Dracula (or just random vampire) as the final boss, which would be pretty cool. The score would be absolutely phenomenal. Gameplay wise I can see it using gaiden style over world (freely moving enemies) and inventory but without gaidens map design. All in all that would be cool.Β 

Otherwise, it's a, 80Β grand pachinko machineΒ