Three Houses is my favorite Fire Emblem game.

Dinar87

On 1/5/2020 at 11:38 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

Thanks, feels nice to have that acknowledged.

Probably not tbh if this was like irl and face-to-face but the OP does ask for thoughts and where we would rank the game so I mean I guess I should have pointed out the things I like as well?

Sorry for the late response but I don't mind your comments at all and I'm glad you shared your opinions to me 😃 if no negativity is allowed in a conversation, or it always has to be prefaced by positivity to "not rock the boat too much" then it doesn't feel genuine and creates an echo chamber I feel. While there is a difference between being rude and voicing your opinion, I feel you were just voicing your opinion.

As for Three Houses, it's fine we all like and think different things work well based on what we find fun ourselves.

What is your favorite Fire Emblem game or RPG btw? And what do you like about it? I'd like to know.

Edited by Dinar87

Three Houses is also my favorite game. There's more than a few flaws that I can think of, but the raw display of intuition, creativity, and care that went into it far outweighs the negatives. There was just so many things within this game that I had always wanted in a Fire Emblem franchise. Gigantic monsters, creative weapons, dope villain designs, more chances to fight the "good guys", and especially, the way they handled classes. 

I once advocated for the act of completely getting rid of classes period, but I will admit that the way Three Houses handled them is better than my idea. I wanted a game where classes are not locked to a single set of weapons and did play huge role in deciding the core of a character and I got that in this game. 

Also Battalions.... 

I LOVE the battalions. I do think that IS could have done more with them, though. That point aside, battalions gives me more of that "war" atmosphere I desire instead of one where your team is like 12-20 dudes against another small group of individuals. Really add to my imagination. 

tl;dr? Dope game. Love it. 

58 minutes ago, Martin said:

Three Houses is also my favorite game. There's more than a few flaws that I can think of, but the raw display of intuition, creativity, and care that went into it far outweighs the negatives. There was just so many things within this game that I had always wanted in a Fire Emblem franchise. Gigantic monsters, creative weapons, dope villain designs, more chances to fight the "good guys", and especially, the way they handled classes. 

I once advocated for the act of completely getting rid of classes period, but I will admit that the way Three Houses handled them is better than my idea. I wanted a game where classes are not locked to a single set of weapons and did play huge role in deciding the core of a character and I got that in this game. 

Also Battalions.... 

I LOVE the battalions. I do think that IS could have done more with them, though. That point aside, battalions gives me more of that "war" atmosphere I desire instead of one where your team is like 12-20 dudes against another small group of individuals. Really add to my imagination. 

tl;dr? Dope game. Love it. 

Yeah Three houses is awesome! I agree battalions add to the sense that this is a real war we're fighting, and not just an arcade-y, "pure gameplay" type game we're playing with no story. 

Have you played xenoblade chronicles 2? I didn't really care that much for the series until I played the second game, and I ended up loving that game. If you like a good story (well I thought it was pretty amazing) and don't mind the anime stuff it also has in the game, I'd recommend it!

7 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

What is your favorite Fire Emblem game or RPG btw? And what do you like about it? I'd like to know.

(Well I see)

My favorite FE should show up around my profile pic, it's FE15 though and I simply like the story and pretty quick gameplay. Not only that, but the characters are well fleshed out. It was my first FE (aside from Shadow Dragon) and it left a very good impression of the series so maybe that's it, IDK. Other contenders for top spot of FE are 8 and 9, I also find them to be very fun.

If we're talking RPG though it's probably Pokemon Crystal, it always has been my favorite game. A lot of it is because of nostalgia but it's also just well I really don't know why I enjoy what I enjoy tbh. There are objective reasons to point out from them but I have no idea.

It’s good but I feel it’s not quite the best, solid 3rd place for me. The class system and the terrible replay factor favor heavily against it. I do think it only loses to SS and PoR/RD.

• 3 weeks later...

It's really difficult to know where is FE16 for me. Because of some travels (One month in Japan among others) I haven't finished all the routes now.

And Three Houses give some new things that I really like, but I have a lots of problem with the game too that I think lots of people already developed :

Repetitivity of the route, Monastery which is pretty annoying when you aren't on your first run and seems pretty out of place in the second part of the game, I don't really like final classes and how you need to get those.. maybe the inconstant level design (even if it's better than an Awakening or Echoes by far).

But there is a big improvement if we compare TH with Awakening or Fates.
- Less useless fan service it was pretty annoying in AwaFates. 

- Better level design overall, even if it's not that good, Awakening was made by stagiaire or people who don't know what is a T-RPG an put some units randomly.

- Better story. I think it's need an improvement again but it's better by far than 3DS games.

- Better lore/world building and it's really important to me. There is absolutely no development in the world of Awakening, it was terrible to me.

- Better dialogues, more of them between chapters. Consistant one too. 

- Same for characters, supports are so cooool. Awakening&Fates supports were awful, Echoes ones were good but they were few. I need to go back to Path of Radiance and GBA games to see good supports. And here they have a real identity, it's a real group of student. I find it really cool.

So it's difficult to rank TH for me right now.
I know that I prefer Genealogy, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, it's obvious. Rekka no Ken&Sacred Stones too, probably because of nostalgy...
But it's difficult with the others that I really like (Thracia, New Mystery or Shadows of Valentia) so.. I thinks TH is around the 6 ~ 7 place. 

On 1/5/2020 at 7:09 PM, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

After completing all of the routes and going back in for a second AM playthrough, I can solidly say that 3H ranks a high second place. Radiant Dawn still carries for being overall more fun to play but it's a slim margin.

The character work is amazing, the lore is engaging even with some of the *ahem* issues. Most of the supports land as they were intended I feel. I like the monastery for this game and don't actually have a problem with the weapon durability in it either, the gambits were an interesting idea. My biggest problem with it is that the battles in 3H eventually just become a samey slog. I'd love to have more varied objectives like there used to be and I'm one of the rare souls that enjoys Fog of War maps so I'd have liked to see more than 3 total of those in the game.

The biggest thing in its favor though is that I now have a tie for my favorite Lord in the series! Really, I adore Micaiah so the fact that Dimitri managed to tie her is kind of a miracle.

I thought the combination of Micaiah and Dimitri was rare, so it is fun to see someone with the same favorites. Also, like you so far Radiant Dawn is my favorite, and this is my second favorite. For what it is Heroes is actually third and brings in my third favorite character Fjorm. What a beast! (I haven't played Heroes in over a year, so she may be outclassed now.)

I liked 3 houses. the story the characters the presentation. well done.

One of the main things i disliked the most, is playing everytime through the first part until the 5 year gap. I get it you need to get an attachement for the Houseleader you picked but the missions and story for each of them are the exact same for all 3 of them with some variations. I wish they would have differed allready there. It gets really repetetiv fast

Hmm. It's so hard. I absolutely love Three Houses. A lot. The characters by far surpassed my expectations, moving away from being no more than tropes (Fates mainly/Awakening to a lesser extent), and with the story and conflict being engaging to me and realistic. The gameplay was fantastic, I loved the art style (actual graphics could stand a polish) and for the most part they handled Byleth as well as could be expected for a silent protagonist.

But I think Awakening, still holds top spot for me. It might be a combination of nostalgia (I found Awakening a year or two after it had come out, not even realizing one of my childhood favorite series had released a new game) and the fact that Robin remains one of my favorite characters, paired with loving Chrom/Lucina/Morgan and the whole child mechanics which, for someone who likes Pokemon breeding and other games to the such, it was super fun.

But Three Houses is definitely a close, close, second. And who knows. After this new DLC comes out and I go through it again, it might even come out on top! I think playing all 3 routes in succession (I'm pretending Silver Snow doesn't exist because---ew), definitely allowed me a greater view of the flaws of Three Houses, whereas the 3 times I've played through Awakening were months/years apart so the flaws aren't as glaring. 

But yeah, I love Three Houses and truly hope they continue to push Fire Emblem in this direction because I loved it and can't wait to see what they do for the next entry! 

I'd have to rank them Awakening > Three Houses > Sacred Stones, I think. Echoes was also a lot of fun, though the story was simple/maps easy, but the cast of characters was super endearing to me. Blazing Sword I love from a nostalgia factor, but replaying it, it didn't hold up as much as I particularly wanted, and I've only played the Tellius games once, so many years ago that I only vaguely remember them (though I did like them). 

Three Houses is an amazing game, but have trouble placing it. Its still pretty difficult for me to deduce what my favorite game in the series is, I loved Shadow Dragon, Awakening, the Blazing Blade, and of course Three Houses, but I still need to take the time to play the earlier games in the series (still haven't gotten around to playing FE3,4,5,6 and the Tellius Games). As of the Fire Emblem games I played I'd probably rank it, Shadow Dragon or Awakening (love these two games to death) > Three Houses > Blazing Blade > Fates: Conquest > Sacred Stones > Echoes > Fates: Birthright > Fates: Revelation. Three Houses is still an incredible game and by far my favorite game on the Switch though.