Favorite Star Wars Video Games You've Played?

Roland

Since I've got Star Wars video games on the brain, I'd like to ask everyone here what your favorite Star Wars games are that you've played?

I'll go first:

• Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy: After nearly 8 years since I found this game, it's still my favorite Star Wars game to play to this day. It may have a basic plot line, but what the game lacks in writing, it makes up for it in spades with it's gameplay. It has my favorite lightsaber combat in any Star Wars game, and multiplayer was a ton of fun. Definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a game that makes you really feel like you're a Jedi.
  • Jedi Fallen Order: I don't think anyone expected this game to be as good as ended up being, myself included. But I was glad to be proven wrong. In addition to a solid plot and cast of characters, the game combines great exploration and lore hunting with really stellar combat, not to mention amazing customization options. My only gripe is the graphics can experience lag and pop in at some points, but beyond that, this is a really great game. 
  • Knights of The Old Republic I and II: It's Knights of The Old Republic. What else do I need to say other than these are fantastic RPGs?
  • Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight: My second favorite title to come out of the Jedi Knight line of Star Wars games. It's a super fun old school FPS that's fun to go back and play. Not to mention, it has Kyle Katarn as the protagonist, probably on of my all time favorite Star Wars characters.
  • Battlefront II (2005): My childhood Star Wars title right here. I spend practically hours playing this game when I was young. It very nearly captures the epic feeling of a battle in the Star Wars universe.

So Fallen Order is good? I was holding off for reviews because EA, but then I got too busy to actually read reviews.

KOTOR2 for me. 1 was good, but the plot felt rather cookie-cutter Star Wars to me (for all the people bitching that TFA and TROS were retreads, they forget that the EU did it over and over for decades). 2 dared to do something different and was better for it, especially with the Restored Content Mod.

I had to have sunk a disgusting amount of hours into Battlefront 2 on PS2 as a child. In particular the Tatooine bonus map where you can play only as jedi and other special characters. So cool. Fallen Order also deserves special mention - if for no other reason than I hope we get games with equal or better quality from the same developers. Star Wars or no.

Other games I have fond memories of are Episode 1 Racer on N64, and of course Rogue Squadron. I heard the Rogue Squadron sequels are also quite good but I never played them. I remember liking the Episode 3 video game a bunch as a kid because of the light RPG elements in an action game. Not the best action game I've ever played (lightsaber duels were especially clunky), but on the high end of license games in my experience. 

Knights of the Old Republic, Repulbic Commando, and Jedi Academy are all sitting in my Steam library waiting to be played too. And I was hoping to play more of the Super Star Wars games. Now that I think about it, the star wars game track record wasn't all that bad. 

Edited by Glennstavos

Rogue Sqaudron N64

Rogue Squadron 2 GCN

Tie Fighter DoS

Lego Star Wars 2 GCN

Star Wars Battlefront 2 PS2 

Things that don't make the cut for me that I still remember playing through fully.

Bounty Hunter, Star Wars Demolition(the twisted metal clone), Episode 1 Podracer, Star Wars Bombad Racing, Star Wars 1 PS2, The Clone Wars (GCN), Shadows of the Empire, Battle for Naboo, Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3.

I like the idea of a podracing game but I think E 1 Podracer's big engine ships have too much of an advantage over the small engine ships, it's a much more drastic effect than the A rated Top speed versus C rated top speed in F-zero or the differences between vehicles in Wipeout.  Battlefront 1 maps are just horribly exposed and NPC ally not counting toward kills. Their are a handful of interesting ones I would port to Battlefront 2, but overall it's hard to play it - Little known fact - the recon drone has an airstrike instead of the self destruct it has in B2.. Battle for Naboo is a game I'm thinking about giving a revisit - It should really be a good game but I unfairly compare it to the (mostly hovertank) campaign of GCN's Clone Wars, and the times you do get to fly are a little too heavy on air-to-surface - I'm fine with "bombing" missions to diversify gameplay, but they feel like what I'm doingthe actual majority of the time and it leaves me unsatisfied.

Edited by Reality

Battlefront 2 (PS2). The classic.

I really loved The Force Unleashed and The Force Unleashed 2 when i was younger. I played a bit of the former after so many years and the gameplay actually holds up.

Oh and we can't forget the LEGO Star Wars games. The Complete Saga is a classic that everyone loves. LEGO The Clone Wars is also great, better than The Complete Saga and it's a tragedy that not enough people have played it.

One of my most unpopular video game opinions is my love of Star Wars: The Old Republic. I know the KOTOR fans here are probably going to eat me alive for saying that, but the great thing about SWTOR is that the base game without any subscriptions is far more generous than any MMO I've ever seen and if you do subscribe you get to keep all the expansions forever even after unsubscribing. Also the LEGO Star Wars games are always a treat, I'm a big fan of 3:The Clone Wars in particular for having tons of variety while never straying too far from the core appeal.

4 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

One of my most unpopular video game opinions is my love of Star Wars: The Old Republic. I know the KOTOR fans here are probably going to eat me alive for saying that, but the great thing about SWTOR is that the base game without any subscriptions is far more generous than any MMO I've ever seen and if you do subscribe you get to keep all the expansions forever even after unsubscribing. Also the LEGO Star Wars games are always a treat, I'm a big fan of 3:The Clone Wars in particular for having tons of variety while never straying too far from the core appeal.

I liked The Old Republic. It's one of the better MMOs I've played in recent memory. The current Onslaught expansion is kinda meh though.

Force Unleashed as an overall game probably. But Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga's got some real good freaking replayability (is that a word, did I spell that right?). Anywho, Force Unleashed II was pretty meh and Jedi Fallen Order was ridiculously short. I liked how the latter felt Dark Souls-like, but there wasn't as much combat as there should've been. Less of a combat game and more about puzzles, which I'm not fond of, even though Zelda is my favorite game series. Playing Knights of the Old Republic right now, for the first time. Had no idea it was on the App Store, would've loved that years ago. But oh well, I have it now.

On 1/5/2020 at 4:11 PM, Sid Starkiller said:

KOTOR2 for me. 1 was good, but the plot felt rather cookie-cutter Star Wars to me (for all the people bitching that TFA and TROS were retreads, they forget that the EU did it over and over for decades). 2 dared to do something different and was better for it, especially with the Restored Content Mod.

I may need to let it go, but I still give KOTOR2 crap for how unfinished the original version was. The Restored Content Mod is more or less essential for that game, but I will admit that with it, it's a fantastic game.

For me, though KOTOR 1 will always be the best, just because of how good the plot twist was, as well as some of the side quests.

But yeah, favorite star wars game would definitely be the KOTORs.

Edited by dragonlordsd