Making a map of Fodlan

Dragoncat

Isn't dagda even more Southwest than Brigid is? 

I imagine Almyra like Persia was to the Greeks.

And someone noticed that Morfis was pretty much a copy& paste of Turkey

That should be a fun endeavor. Fodlan has a really neat map with very natural looking borders and a somewhat clear indication where all the nobles live. 

Some small nitpicks. The big island in the west isn't Dagda but a place called ''Albinea''. Dagda is a huge continent that doesn't really show up on the map. Also Duscur isn't an island but a tiny peninsula in the north. Its the area on the map currently being called Kleiman. 

17 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Some small nitpicks. The big island in the west isn't Dagda but a place called ''Albinea''. Dagda is a huge continent that doesn't really show up on the map. Also Duscur isn't an island but a tiny peninsula in the north. Its the area on the map currently being called Kleiman. 

I don't know why Albinea is there when it's never mentioned, but Dagda is, so I...replaced it on purpose.

Somebody on reddit said that about Duscur too, but they didn't say where it's stated, so I took it as it's up to interpretation, that unmarked island is just THERE after all.

4 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Somebody on reddit said that about Duscur too, but they didn't say where it's stated, so I took it as it's up to interpretation, that unmarked island is just THERE after all.

When doing missions the mission select screen typically shows where the battle is taking place. For Dedue's paralogue its shown to take place in Kleiman territory and its explicitly said that the mission is in Duscur. I think a book in the library also says that house Kleiman was given Duscur as a fief because of its contributions after the tragedy of Duscur. 

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

When doing missions the mission select screen typically shows where the battle is taking place. For Dedue's paralogue its shown to take place in Kleiman territory and its explicitly said that the mission is in Duscur. I think a book in the library also says that house Kleiman was given Duscur as a fief because of its contributions after the tragedy of Duscur. 

Oh.

Well, not 100% accurate then. Idk, that unnamed island just BUGGED me.

according to the developers, fodlan is suppose to be nearly 2/3's the size of europe. i believe flavour text also mentions that almyra alone is larger then fodlan, possibly twice its size but i forget where thats mentioned. 

2 hours ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

Nice. I like it. Ive always moced Maps and Cartography. Can't give much constructive feedback as I have yet to pick up Three Houses, but I think its well done.

I can't tell what "moced" is supposed to be a typo of. But yes, I enjoy it. I miss having photoshop with the terrain brushes though.

@Etrurian emperor So, I came up with a compromise involving Duscur that I hope works. How about that unnamed island was the main Duscur, but they were expanding out, and the mainland bit that is Kleiman was theirs but they lost it?

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

I can't tell what "moced" is supposed to be a typo of. But yes, I enjoy it. I miss having photoshop with the terrain brushes though.

How in Naga's name did I mistype liked as moced? Also, did you have Photoshop CC and simply run out of a subscription?

43 minutes ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

Also, did you have Photoshop CC and simply run out of a subscription?

I had Photoshop Elements. But now Adobe requires monthly fees for even older versions, greedy fucks.

Update!

fodlan.png

Capitals are in the smallest text and bolded, other smallest text are other towns.

Brigid capital name origin: Hawaiian for red(ula ula) and black(ele ele)

Duscur capital name origin: First Samoan surname I found that I could remember.

Almyra capital name origin: Same as above only Turkish.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

I had Photoshop Elements. But now Adobe requires monthly fees for even older versions, greedy fucks.

What? I hadn't heard anytbing about this. I used to use Elements all the time before my profession required the whole Adobe Suite. I guess I never noticed they made you pay for older programs... Scummy. Have you tried rolling it back to an older update, or is it just locking you out of a program you rightfully own?

1 hour ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

What? I hadn't heard anytbing about this. I used to use Elements all the time before my profession required the whole Adobe Suite. I guess I never noticed they made you pay for older programs... Scummy. Have you tried rolling it back to an older update, or is it just locking you out of a program you rightfully own?

Adobe no longer supports any versions that aren't in their current Creative Cloud program. I know because I had Photoshop CS3 which was the most recent version before CC and they stopped supporting it. 😕

The monthly fee sucks. But I do admit I really like the new Photoshop and Illustrator. I have them now because the latter is required for the degree I'm currently going for and as a student I got a nice discount. While Illustrator took me time to get the hang of because I'd barely ever touched it before using it for a class, I do like how good and easy the tools in them are to use. My most recent stuff has automatically looked better because of being able to use CC.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Adobe no longer supports any versions that aren't in their current Creative Cloud program. I know because I had Photoshop CS3 which was the most recent version before CC and they stopped supporting it. 😕

The monthly fee sucks. But I do admit I really like the new Photoshop and Illustrator. I have them now because the latter is required for the degree I'm currently going for and as a student I got a nice discount. While Illustrator took me time to get the hang of because I'd barely ever touched it before using it for a class, I do like how good and easy the tools in them are to use. My most recent stuff has automatically looked better because of being able to use CC.

That's a shame. Although I've seen that student discount, and if say the programs are worth it. Its nice to see another fan of Illustrator. The CC version quickly became one of my favorite programs.

15 minutes ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

That's a shame. Although I've seen that student discount, and if say the programs are worth it. Its nice to see another fan of Illustrator. The CC version quickly became one of my favorite programs.

Yeah, though I'm only a fan of Illustrator for stuff like logos and flyers and all that. I use Photoshop for anything else.

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, though I'm only a fan of Illustrator for stuff like logos and flyers and all that. I use Photoshop for anything else.

That's what Illustrator was made for, and it excels. Although, I've found it can be used for other form of art as well. I think I've even thrown up a few on the Forest. 

Also, @Dragoncat, I hope I haven't derailed gour topic to much.

1 minute ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

I hope I haven't derailed gour topic to much.

Thank you for the apology, but yeah if you want to continue you can make a topic for it or PMs.