Will we ever get DLC story missions?

3 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

No they will not do that. DLC for fire emblem has always been bad. We hope with the additions of the 4 new characters theres more to it then just their paralogues but i doubt it. 

I wouldn't call all fire emblem dlc bad, they did story dlc missions with echoes. Why note Three Houses? I would much rather see the tragedy of duscur and the purge of duscur rather then DLC that has no impact on anything.

4 minutes ago, Lord Otto said:

I wouldn't call all fire emblem dlc bad, they did story dlc missions with echoes. Why note Three Houses? I would much rather see the tragedy of duscur and the purge of duscur rather then DLC that has no impact on anything.

because they've already announced the dlc and it doesn't include those ideas. Echoes ones were meh and didint take part during the past or the present so they're not important. 

8 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

No they will not do that. DLC for fire emblem has always been bad. We hope with the additions of the 4 new characters theres more to it then just their paralogues but i doubt it. 

Ah, Future Past were some of best written Fire Emblem short story, and it greatly expend Awakening lore and character.

And where did they say there is no story mission? They only said there is no "golden route" in DLC, we already know Abyss is some kind side story from Famitsu.

Edited by Timlugia

4 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

because they've already announced the dlc and it doesn't include those ideas. Echoes ones were meh and didint take part during the past or the present so they're not important. 

?

The "Rise of the Deliverance" DLC was set shortly before the main events of Echoes, how is that not "the past or the present"? Also, what does the time setting of DLC have to do with its quality?

5 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

It sounds like you never have even played those dlc missions, thus the mistake of saying it didn't take place in the past.

15 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Ah, Future Past were some of best written Fire Emblem short story, and it greatly expend Awakening lore and character.

And where did they say there is no story mission? They only said there is no "golden route" in DLC, we already know Abyss is some kind side story from Famitsu.

i disagree about future past but to each their own. All it says is "Abyss Mode' we dont actually know anything beyond that, i wouldnt assume its a side story. if it is that would be great though. 

15 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

?

The "Rise of the Deliverance" DLC was set shortly before the main events of Echoes, how is that not "the past or the present"? Also, what does the time setting of DLC have to do with its quality?

oh yeah i forgot about that one with fernand. DLC that doesnt take place with the current games timeline isnt that interesting to me. If they're making new ideas just make it into a game instead of making a half assed DLC. 

Edited by Zihark11

14 hours ago, Lord Otto said:

It sounds like you never have even played those dlc missions, thus the mistake of saying it didn't take place in the past.

i forgot about Fernands. shanty pete reminded me about it. 

The DLC is stated to add some story. All I'm expecting is adding some paralogues for the new characters and have them explain what the Abyss is. It's probably going to be like the Towner of Valni or something.