Is Fire Emblems Warriors basically Heroes on Switch?

jameslove001

I am not trying to make fun, I literally just don't know. I am currently working through Three Houses right now, and will probably be playing it for months, but wondering if Warriors and Heroes are that similar or if it is worth picking up a used copy after I finish Three Houses.

They're similar in a sense that they're non-canon spinoffs. However, Warriors is a hack and slash video game, (The same as Hyrule warriors is for the LoZ series)  Whereas Heroes is a mobile app that's a compressed version of a traditional fe, although there's usually something new to do on it. Also notable, heroes is free. As for whether they're worth picking up? I love heroes, but haven't played Warriors. That doesn't mean it's a bad game, though.

Edited by Benice
I is hqving the goud grimmar skyliz

They are similar in the sense that a pair of lord siblings recruits other Fire Emblem characters to fight their battles for them. The roster of Warriors is extremely limited compared to Heroes though. Just Fates and Awakening, as well as a handful of Archeneans who presumably got lost or something. 

The story in Warriors is a steep downgrade because it barely has one. The character interactions is a lot better though since the characters actually can support with characters from other games. Lyn and Takumi becoming sparring partners or Frederick becoming Leo's protector in wardrobe related matters is something you wouldn't see in Heroes. 

The gameplay loop in Warriors is a lot more engaging since it doesn't have to compromise due to being a mobile game but the units you have aren't as customizable. 

37 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Just Fates and Awakening, as well as a handful of Archeneans who presumably got lost or something

37 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Lyn

Lyn is Elibe, not Fateswakening or Archanea. I'm confused?

7 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Lyn, and Celica are the only things from their games around. Their inclusion is very minor, you can't truly say the game has Elibe or Valentia in it. It's token representation. It'd need Eli & Hec and Alm, plus another two or three apiece, to make the representation for those games complete.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

The three focus games of FE Warriors ARE Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon. And then randomly, Lyn and Celica are thrown in the game on the side for who knows why.

6 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Ah yes. So the main cast of characters are of the three continents I mentioned. The story is about them and they are unlocked relatively quickly. 

Lyn and Celica got added as bonus units through some short cuts. Celica for instance is a Marth clone and Lyn likely got in with the moveset originally intended for Navarre. Neither character has any role in the story though. 

Not really. All they have in common is being a spinoff title that uses multiple FE games as the base.

Warriors is more of an action focused hack n slash, with some core FE mechanics thrown in, like the support system, weapon triangle, and pair up.

Only thing it really has in common with heroes is mixing in characters from multiple games. Although warriors is more limited in this regard since its mostly focused on awakening, fates, archanea, and some guests like Lyn and Celica

As for my opinion if its worth picking up, if you enjoyed the 3DS cast and want to see them kick butt in a new way. The game has a stupidly large amount of content that will last you quite some time. Especially if you get the dlc.

Edited by Faellin

Yeah, about the only thing similar between FEW and FEH is that they're both spin-off FE crossovers that mix in casts from different games.  Even in that regard, FEW is more a lite version of FEH, but that's a deceptive label.  And if that's the kind of similarity you're looking for, you could say TMS#FE (Tokyo Mirrage Sessions) is also similar to those two.

FEH is basically a "Pocket Emblem" with gacha elements - you collect orbs (either through playing the game or buying them with real money) to pull for characters from throughout the series, and use those characters to duke it out with FE-lite battle mechanics.

FEW is more a Warriors game with some slight Fire Emblem elements and characters from a few of the more recent games - a hack n' slash with some degree of strategy, weapon triangle, and a FE-style support system, containing popular characters from Fire Emblems Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon, as well as guest appearances from Lyn, Celica, and Anna.

Funnily enough, from what I hear it's less expensive to get into Fire Emblem Warriors than Fire Emblem Heroes despite the latter being free-to-play.  At least if you want to play competitively or get every single new banner that comes out without waiting for return banners.  I wouldn't know though, I stopped playing FEH before the first year of its life cycle was even up.