New Heroes: Heirs of Light

NSSKG151

Ayra and Larcei having the non-inheritable Astra version would be really weird, considering that Shannan's the one with Major Od.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

Sad to see there are no direct demotes into the 3*/4* pool. Not really a huge fan of additional swords either, although the main series is filled with sword users, so I guess there is not really a good solution to that color imbalance.

Seeing Plumeria is nice though. Red tome is neat, and it gives one color of each flying mage Dancer.

For a minute I thought you're talking about Team Skull admin lmao. But really, who told them it was good idea for the arc villains to have dance? Dancers should be kept away from story chapters, dang

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Travant has a much larger role, and FE4 Gen 2 is where you actually fight him, so I think he makes sense.

Oh, he is still largely relevant even in gen 2? Even so, I doubt what we'll got in Heroes will be his 2nd gen self ....

No insta-demote is a bit disappointing, but either way Genealogy banners always put a smile on my face.  That being said...I'm so conflicted.  I would very much like to pull for Shannon and Larcei, but I got to be ready for whenever Ishtar gets another banner.  Guess I'll see what pulling red on the tickets gets me for now.

It's also worth pointing out that the "Skill cannot be inherited" on Regnal Astra has always been there, and is not at all indicative of the new Imperial Astra being inheritable.  The skill descriptions are not always consistent with this sort of thing (in English, at least).

Edited by DLNarshen

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Travant has a much larger role, and FE4 Gen 2 is where you actually fight him, so I think he makes sense.

If someone is telling you that something you heard is untrue, that's a good sign that fact checking would be a good idea.

I'm going to reiterate my remark from a while ago that Heroes seems to be having an unhealthy effect on you and that you may want to consider quitting.

You don't tell me what to fucking do

YES! Finally Shannan, Altena, and Ced. And now all of my favorite Genealogy of Holy War characters are in the game. Though there are still some that'd I'd be happy if they got added. I got shafted on the last Thracia banner, but I hope things go better this time.

Just now, DraceEmpressa said:

Oh, he is still largely relevant even in gen 2? Even so, I doubt what we'll got in Heroes will be his 2nd gen self ....

Yeah. Not as relevant as Gen 1, but he's still very much a part of it.

I'm not sure which version he'll be in Heroes, but my guess is Gen 2. That would expand the stuff available for him to reference in dialogue, particularly regarding Altena. And it'd be really weird for his Gen 1 version to appear in story chapters alongside Gen 2 characters.

Wow! Looks like 2 possible demotes (Altena and Ced) with Larcei being the main unit...but maybe Sannan also being the main unit? It's too bad that there isn't an auto-demote, but at least Altena and Ced miiiiight both demote? Anyway, my Boey wants that Steady Posture 3. Someday...

Travant being the next GHB means I can finally give an Astra blessing to someone who isn't red because some cat laguz didn't want to show up for the New Year's. This does assume he has Gungnir which is apparently the "Lance of Heavens" to the Gae Bolg's "Earth Lance" and to the goddess Njorun's possible connections to the earth.

Seriously, though, almost all people with a Heaven affinity are sword units: Elincia, Meg, Stefan, and Greil if he uses a sword, and Lethe and Tibarn were introduced as red beasts. Meg and Stefan aren't in the game yet, but they're likely to use swords. Ashera, Kamura, Rafiel, and Agony for what that's worth aren't in the game. And I dumped the descendants of Od as obligatory Astra blessing because most if not all them have the skill Astra and guess what? They're all sword users... I should just give my -Atk Claude an Astra blessing because apparently Riegan's crest item is the "Star Dragon Sign".

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Wow, Thracia has some really boring unit typing huh?

Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia, though.

Edited by Kaden

Oh wow and Travant is the GHB unit, cool. Would prefer Arion, but Travant makes far more sense to appear first. Too bad there's no 3/4 star unit this time, but oh well. Where the frick is the CYL banner though? I'm guessing it's not happening this point.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Do we know it is inheritable for certain? Specials do not come with a + or a number or anything, so I am not sure if we can be certain.

Well, I believe it's inheritable because both Imperial and Regnal Astra have the same description, but one informs that is not inheritable and the other has no extra information.

Of course, there is a big chance of I being wrong about it.

Ayyye Genealogy finally~ Shannan is sexy AF, bless based Okuma Yuga AND he has Keaton's VA, we going Red on this one, bois~ I feel like his Special's probably not inheritable, but I guess it could be.

Glad Altena's in finally, she looks like she might demote~

Ced looks pretty nice~

Loli Ayra blocking Shannan is meh but she has good fodder

Weird there's no instant 3-4* demote. Hope Travant is cool~

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ayra and Larcei having the non-inheritable Astra version would be really weird, considering that Shannan's the one with Major Od.

Hey, who is to say this Larcei isn't also Chulainn's / Holyn's kid? Jugdral loves keeping its bloodlines pure, after all.

*sigh* Apologies in advance for plucking this low-hanging fruit.

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Wow! Looks like 2 possible demotes (Altena and Ced) with Larcei being the main unit...but maybe Sannan also being the main unit? It's too bad that there isn't an auto-demote, but at least Altena and Ced miiiiight both demote? Anyway, my Boey wants that Steady Posture 3. Someday...

Ced has Pulse Smoke and a Solo Skill, he's not coming close to demoting

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Wow, Thracia has some really boring unit typing huh?

The two Thracia characters are dragon riders that use a legendary lance. There is a red bow in the other banner if you prefer unit variety, but I’m sorry that not all banners are catered towards people who have no respect for the older entries in the series.

Edited by Baldrick

Just now, Landmaster said:

Ced has Pulse Smoke and a Solo Skill, he's not coming close to demoting

Bigger mistakes have been made by the developers. 😛

Seriously, though, I don't feel like he'd demote because of those skills, but who knows.

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

Double demotes aren't gonna happen. People speculate about them coming back every time we get two units less exciting than the other two and it keeps never happening - the last one was two and a half years ago.

I don't see Ced's skill set demoting, it's either Altena or nothing. Hopefully not nothing.

Hmmm, they seem to be doing a lot more Thracia characters then I thought they would be. Some of skills look cool, but I'm not super interested. Guess I'll save more orbs for Catherine lol. At this rate I'm going to reach 1000 orbs.

It's so strange to be that they haven't done more 3houses banners. I mean, we had a few Echoes banners when that game came out. And 3Houses is like the best selling FE game, right? I'm shocked they're not chasing that in like they did with Fates....I'm mostly just disappointed no Catherine yet haha. 

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Hey, who is to say this Larcei isn't also Chulainn's / Holyn's kid? Jugdral loves keeping its bloodlines pure, after all.

*sigh* Apologies in advance for plucking this low-hanging fruit.

Well, considering that Lewyn!Ced is technically canon but they couldn't be arsed to give Ced Forseti here, I'm just going to assume they don't want to make any suggestions on who is whose parent.

Yes I know that was a joke

Brash Assault in this day and age... what?

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Well, I believe it's inheritable because both Imperial and Regnal Astra have the same description, but one informs that is not inheritable and the other has no extra information.

Of course, there is a big chance of I being wrong about it.

They've always been inconsistent about indicating if a skill in inheritable or not in the trailers, so I honestly wouldn't look too deeply into it.

I personally doubt Imperial Astra will be inheritable. It has the exact same effect as Regnal Astra, which is uninheritable, so it doesn't really make sense for one to be inheritable and the other not to be.

Furthermore, the Japanese name of the skill is 剣皇の流星, "Sword Emperor's Astra", which follows the same pattern as Regnal Astra's 剣姫の流星, "Sword Princess's Astra", referencing the characters specifically. (Never mind that Isaac is a kingdom and not an empire...)

9 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Where the frick is the CYL banner though? I'm guessing it's not happening this point.

I think they figured that they covered enough of the potential characters in regular banners that they won't be including one this time around.

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Bigger mistakes have been made by the developers. 😛

Seriously, though, I don't feel like he'd demote because of those skills, but who knows.

The only odd choices they made in the past were Reinhardt and Ares. Reinhardt was of course before they knew what they were doing and Ares was still technically the least valuable unit on his banner despite having an amazing weapon.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, considering that Lewyn!Ced is technically canon but they couldn't be arsed to give Ced Forseti here, I'm just going to assume they don't want to make any suggestions on who is whose parent.

Yes I know that was a joke

Nah, that second part was included just to show that even I'm deeply disappointed in myself for pointing that out and making that joke.

I kinda hope all the people saying this is Thracia are just joking...Genealogy and Thracia may share the setting and some characters but they are completely different games Thracia is a shitty retcon of FE4, don't @ me

If not then I blame Reinhardt for this, he's trying to erase Jugdral as a whole only to leave Thracia to conquer with his tiny hands.