New Heroes: Heirs of Light

NSSKG151

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it bad that my primary thought was, "I hope Jill is an axe user when she comes and not lance..."? That's a couple wyverns in a row now with lances. Yeah, they couldn't use axes in their original game, but neither could Narcian.

As for the banner itself, any Genealogy character I might have wanted is already in, but it's always good to see new faces.

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

I need something to destroy. I'm just so full of fucking rage and anger right now.

You need to get help. Having passion is fine, but you're reaching unhealthy levels in here.

As others have said, the demote is Altena or no one. She's definitely the least impressive of the group.

2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I need something to destroy. I'm just so full of fucking rage and anger right now.

It worries me that I can't tell if this post is serious or not.

8 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Brash assault really?

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brash Assault in this day and age... what?

I question if introducing Brash Assault 4 and having it immediately drop into the 4* pool after its debut banner would even be considered crazy.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

"What, an Ayra alt? Why"

Alright, I've been exposed. I never made it to Part 2 of that game. Man, IS must be picking their voice actors out early for that FE4 remake, huh?

Hey if that's what this all leads to, it's okay by me! 😄

Altenna literally has zero Skill Inheritance value with that kit, has a rather tame weapon, and is in a crowded class. I don't really see her not demoting.

Sety has Pulse Smoke, which is a pretty good reason for him not to demote. The rest of his kit is basically just Lethe, which is another reason for him to not demote.

I'm seeing that they indeed are just going to wing it with the naming of the Evasion skill series.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

Is it bad that my primary thought was, "I hope Jill is an axe user when she comes and not lance..."? That's a couple wyverns in a row now with lances. Yeah, they couldn't use axes in their original game, but neither could Narcian.

Altenna kind of had to be a lance due to having one of her continent's legendary weapons and that weapon being a lance. I doubt they'd make Jill anything other than an axe. She's the best candidate for a canon fast axe flier (so we can finally have an option that isn't Summer Innes).

I chalk up Narcian to the designers not really knowing what they were doing earlier in the game's release.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I question if introducing Brash Assault 4 and having it immediately drop into the 4* pool after its debut banner would even be considered crazy.

Even if Brash Assault got a fourth tier, I don't think there's anything that could save it from being a waste of a skill slot.

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

"What, an Ayra alt? Why"

Alright, I've been exposed. I never made it to Part 2 of that game. Man, IS must be picking their voice actors out early for that FE4 remake, huh?

That's fine. Even in Genealogy, Larcei's portrait is barely any different than Ayra's. 

That game really went overboard when it came to reusing portraits, come to think of it.

Thoughts on Altena's set:

• Brash Assault last showed up on Seliph. All three units with it are currently in the 3-4* pool.
  • Reprisal has shown up on six previous units. Five were released in Book 1, with Fallen Berkut as the only exception. Kagero has it as a 3-4*, while the others are a mix of 5* exclusives and GHB units.
  • Sturdy Stance 2 has shown up on Legendary Ephraim and Halloween Dorcas, the latter being a TT unit. We have not yet gotten Steady Stance 3, but we got Mirror Stance 3 last month and Steady Posture 3 just now.
  • Not only does Altena have no new non-weapon skills, all of her non-weapon skills are available on common or grail units. I don't know when's the last time we've had a unit with either of those distinctions not demote, but I feel like it's been a while.

18 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Same

Spoiler

Not same

Spoiler

Go play Dark Souls

Spoiler

But that might make you angrier

Spoiler

But it's fun

Spoiler

Unless you have no talent

Spoiler

Not saying you have no talent

Spoiler

But go play

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Altenna kind of had to be a lance due to having one of her continent's legendary weapons and that weapon being a lance. I doubt they'd make Jill anything other than an axe. She's the best candidate for a canon fast axe flier (so we can finally have an option that isn't Summer Innes).

I chalk up Narcian to the designers not really knowing what they were doing earlier in the game's release.

What about Scarlet? She's drawn with a lance for her manga? art and it looks like she's holding a lance or at least a halberd in her official portrait, but otherwise, she comes with an axe in-game and she's drawn with an axe for her two Cipher cards.

Narcian part of me feels like the developers felt like they needed another axe flier who didn't have low resistance. Granted, they could have made the stats of a unit whatever they wanted like they did with Florina and made a unit use whatever weapon that was reasonable like Raven using axes. Still, Narcian using an axe when he came from a game where wyvern knights only used lances and swords is still weird.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Even if Brash Assault got a fourth tier, I don't think there's anything that could save it from being a waste of a skill slot.

That settles it, Brash Assault 4 should be immediately dumped into the 4* summoning pool. Watch Brash Assault 4 be stupid and have something like "If unit initiates combat against a foe that can counter and unit's HP ≤ 75%, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack, reduces damage dealt to unit by 5, and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack."

Altena and Ced? That's a big YES!

I can understand if some aren't happy that characters they want didn't make it in, but throwing a humongous salty hissfit over a character not making it in a banner? Holy shit. 

Scarlet could come with either an axe or a lance, whichever one the developers need her to have. Same with Jill.

Altena and Areone (whenever he gets in) and Travant are all fated to be lance wyverns because Gae Borg and Gungnir are canonically lances in Genealogy. Jugdral hates axes or something

7 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

Altena and Ced? That's a big YES!

I can understand if some aren't happy that characters they want didn't make it in, but throwing a humongous salty hissfit over a character not making it in a banner? Holy shit. 

I agree.

I mean, I absolutely want Three Houses characters, but that ain't going to mean I'm going to ignore these. :)

I know nothing about Thracia or the games. So this might be a skip banner for me.

However the Artwork is very well done and Shannan looks sexy AF!!! I am tempted to pull for him ._.

Ced looks nice too

I mean, I like these characters, but none scream "I NEED THIS" to me. I'll probably just use the free summons on trying to get Larcie since her mother still evades me, and leave it there.

On a side note, when was the last time Fates/Awakening got a new banner? Kinda feels like we haven't gotten like, any of them in the past year.

Probably late but just in case I'm not:

No way Shannan's special is inheritable based off of the Japanese translations of the specials. Ayra's is (basically) Empress Astra, and his is (basically) Emperor Astra. Same special, just that it needed a male name for a male user.

Its just the English localization team not having a way to convey that as cleanly. 

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

What about Scarlet? She's drawn with a lance for her manga? art and it looks like she's holding a lance or at least a halberd in her official portrait, but otherwise, she comes with an axe in-game and she's drawn with an axe for her two Cipher cards.

Shrug.

I think all post-Tellius dragon knights are more likely (not guaranteed, though) to get axes than lances simply due to it being their defining trait compared to pegasus knights and the fact that lance fliers are an extremely crowded class in Heroes.

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Narcian part of me feels like the developers felt like they needed another axe flier who didn't have low resistance. Granted, they could have made the stats of a unit whatever they wanted like they did with Florina and made a unit use whatever weapon that was reasonable like Raven using axes. Still, Narcian using an axe when he came from a game where wyvern knights only used lances and swords is still weird.

If someone told me that the people working on Heroes for its release had never touched a Fire Emblem game older than Shadow Dragon, I'd totally believe them.

21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Scarlet could come with either an axe or a lance, whichever one the developers need her to have. Same with Jill.

"Can be", sure. "Likely to be", not really.

As it stands, the weapon type the developers need her to have is axes.

1 minute ago, DarthR0xas said:

On a side note, when was the last time Fates/Awakening got a new banner? Kinda feels like we haven't gotten like, any of them in the past year.

The last Awakening banner was From a Future Past in June.

The last Fates banner was Kitsune and Wolfskin in February.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

I know nothing about Thracia or the games. So this might be a skip banner for me.

This is a Genealogy banner, not a Thracia banner.

skill-wise this banner is a big skip for me. shannan's art work looks really cool and will probably be the target of my free pull, but another strong sword infantry is pretty forgettable. it's also weird his special, which does the exact same thing as regnal astra, doesnt have the specification it can't be inherited but regnal astra does. i doubt imperial astra will be inheritable tho, since it isnt weaker than regnal astra. they probably just wanted to avoid confusion since regnal astra has appeared on more than one unit now, and they might have worried people will think it is inheitable.

altena is the obvious demote here, with all of her skills being pretty unwanted and easily attainable from grails or 3/4* units, but her weapon looks fun so i might promote her if she does demote. cid is cool but i think lewyn's tome is stronger, and has special spiral. finally, loli Arya Larcei. same story as shannan, i like her art and she's got some cool stuff in her kit, but the sword infanry class is so stuffed i've already got 3 other fast sword units with prfs in my barracks i could build instead. real shame theres no direct demote on this banner, it was looking like a permanent thing so i wonder why they didn't this time round.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The last Awakening banner was From a Future Past in June.

The last Fates banner was Kitsune and Wolfskin in February.

Jesus, it's been that long? It kinda would seem like we're in for a Fates banner sometime soon then.

Just now, DarthR0xas said:

Jesus, it's been that long? It kinda would seem like we're in for a Fates banner sometime soon then.

you'd think, but they've held on this long, and i reckon with all the three houses characters they'll start pumping out sometime next year it may be even longer

4 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

It's been even longer since we had an FE 7 New Heroes banner, I believe. I'm pretty sure the last one of those we got was the one with Legault and flying Nino, back in 2018.