New Heroes: Heirs of Light

NSSKG151

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I think IS started to realize they'd run out of heroes so they decided to tone back on releasing them. 

There’s no shortage of less popular characters. A character like Ulster or Patty won’t headline a banner, so there no point in saving them for the next banner. More likely is them being lazy/cheap and not wanting to make an extra unit that doesn’t make profit.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Furthermore, the Japanese name of the skill is 剣皇の流星, "Sword Emperor's Astra", which follows the same pattern as Regnal Astra's 剣姫の流星, "Sword Princess's Astra", referencing the characters specifically. (Never mind that Isaac is a kingdom and not an empire...)

Isn't 'Sword Emperor' just a title indicating great skill with a sword, like sword saint or similar titles?  I'm pretty certain I've seen in used in other works, and those characters had nothing to do with empires either.

12 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Do you think we will no longer get 3-4* units in the pool. I think IS started to realize they'd run out of heroes so they decided to tone back on releasing them. It sucks but I have less incentive to summon in general now. 

I hardly think that's the case. I don't claim to know much about the Jugdral games, but I imagine that unless they dip into the "unpopular" units, they're more running out of units who'd make logical 3*-4* units.

That being said... I don't even know who'd be the 4* drop this banner, if there is one. Altina's skillset calls for it, having not only a logical skill to put into the summonable 4* pool but also freaking Brash Assault, but Earthly Gae Bolg having Lull Inf/Arm/Cav Atk-Def seems pretty strong to make accessible to 4* summoners, while Ced's entire skill kit feels basic but too strong to drop, though units with a Spd/Res A skill have dropped in the past...

Then again, I won't discount the other possibility of "you're acting spoiled if you think there will even BE a demote".

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I hardly think that's the case. I don't claim to know much about the Jugdral games, but I imagine that unless they dip into the "unpopular" units, they're more running out of units who'd make logical 3*-4* units.

That being said... I don't even know who'd be the 4* drop this banner, if there is one. Altina's skillset calls for it, having not only a logical skill to put into the summonable 4* pool but also freaking Brash Assault, but Earthly Gae Bolg having Lull Inf/Arm/Cav Atk-Def seems pretty strong to make accessible to 4* summoners, while Ced's entire skill kit feels basic but too strong to drop, though units with a Spd/Res A skill have dropped in the past...

Then again, I won't discount the other possibility of "you're acting spoiled if you think there will even BE a demote".

Don't forget about the last FE4 Gen 2 banner. Ares had a fancy weapon and otherwise less noteworthy skills, and he demoted.

Edited by Othin

34 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Do you think we will no longer get 3-4* units in the pool. I think IS started to realize they'd run out of heroes so they decided to tone back on releasing them. It sucks but I have less incentive to summon in general now. 

Not having it once doesn't mean they're getting rid of them

Oh, weak kit Altina and basic kit Ced aside...

~Shannan... hm, Shannan's artwork seems off to me for some reason... anyway, his kit seems alright. Not sure why we needed a renamed Regnal Astra, but hey whatever. Not often we get enemy-phase swordies, I'll say that much.

~Loli Ayra- I mean Larcei seems to have a pointless effect on her sword: in what world will a unit like her NOT have more Spd than her foe, she's a Fire Emblem swordie. The foe having 100% HP is unnecessary.
...anyway, Repel being the Knock Back equivelant of what Close Call was to Hit and Run is something I guess. SHE LOOKS FINE whaddya want me to say, not like I'm gonna get her.

I don't know much about Genealogy, and these units don't seem all that necessary for me, so this banner for me is rather weak overall. I guess Altina would be neat to have, but I can just wait out the banner and see if she does actually demote, because she REALLY looks like a demote...

15 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Isn't 'Sword Emperor' just a title indicating great skill with a sword, like sword saint or similar titles?  I'm pretty certain I've seen in used in other works, and those characters had nothing to do with empires either.

Shrug.

The one use that completely dominates the first page of a Google search is Yugioh's 真竜剣皇マスターP ("True Dragon Sword Emperor, Master Peace"), which was apparently localized as "Master Peace, the True Dracoslaying King". Okay.

To be completely fair, though, there isn't really much of a distinction internally between kingdoms and empires in East Asia. The word that normally translates from Chinese or Japanese into English as "emperor" is simply the title of the emperor of China, of which "emperor" was simply the closest concept that the West had to describe that position (in other words, China was to the East as the Roman Empire was to the West).

15 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

while Ced's entire skill kit feels basic but too strong to drop, though units with a Spd/Res A skill have dropped in the past...

His entire skill kit is almost identical to Lethe's.

Lethe has Speed +3 and Atk/Spd Solo 3 on her weapon, Moonbow, Atk/Def Solo 3, and Hone Beasts.

Sety has Speed +3 and Atk/Spd Solo 3 on his weapon, Luna, Atk/Res Solo 3, and Pulse Smoke.

My favorite FE gets another banner?  Excitement increases greatly!  The FE character that I voted for most last CYL, Altena is featured?  What!  Excitement reaches max limit. 

Shannon is someone I really wanted to.  Ced and Larcei are fine.  On Altena I am on the one hand very disappointed with the lackluster kit, on the other hand this makes her a likely demote and thus a much easier merge project.  Hopefully they give her an insane stat spread at least.  

I guess tickets forging bonds and maybe more will pull on red for the sweet double focus rate.  Also neither of those units will demote.  

Travant is a diabolical yet complex villain look forward to his GHB.  Arion hopefully gets in sometime future.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Shrug.

The one use that completely dominates the first page of a Google search is Yugioh's 真竜剣皇マスターP ("True Dragon Sword Emperor, Master Peace"), which was apparently localized as "Master Peace, the True Dracoslaying King". Okay.

Actually im very sure its localized as "Cancer Peace, they banned this thing so why the fuck are you playing True Dracos in 2019 go die"

joke only yugioh player remember

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lethe has Speed +3 and Atk/Spd Solo 3 on her weapon, Moonbow, Atk/Def Solo 3, and Hone Beasts.

That's the wrong Solo skill for Lethe if you're talking about her regular version. That Lethe has Spd/Def Solo 3.

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That's the wrong Solo skill for Lethe if you're talking about her regular version. That Lethe has Spd/Def Solo 3.

Oh... That's actually the wrong Solo skill for both of them.

Sety has Spd/Res Solo 3. Lethe has Spd/Def Solo 3.

So still basically carbon copies.

i'm so happy, these are all the 2nd gen genealogy units i wanted (minus febail)

but no instant demote is extremely underwhelming, i guess they didn't want to make an instant demote with a prf weapon, but even then there are characters with no prf weapons in 2nd gen genealogy, such as patty, ulster, hannibal (GIVE ME HANNIBAL) and more; i really don't get it

also, i don't care if i'm being rude, i'm just super happy that seti is not a blatant levin powercreep as pretty much everyone expected him to be

Edited by Yexin

31 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i'm so happy, these are all the 2nd gen genealogy units i wanted (minus febail)

but no instant demote is extremely underwhelming, i guess they didn't want to make an instant demote with a prf weapon, but even then there are characters with no prf weapons in 2nd gen genealogy, such as patty, ulster, hannibal (GIVE ME HANNIBAL) and more; i really don't get it

also, i don't care if i'm being rude, i'm just super happy that seti is not a blatant levin powercreep as pretty much everyone expected him to be

Who's Seti?

Oh, this is a really nice banner. Pretty much all the characters included are extremely plot relevant and glaring omissions until now, and the one that is not was extremely requested since the original CYL, so it makes sense to add her.

Also, this finally gives me the lance wyvern in the regular summoning pool that I always wanted. I know they are functionally identical to lance pegasi, but wyverns are cooler. Now I don't care if they give Jill an axe. Altena is enough for me.

But the most important thing is that Travant is the GHB! May the trend of regular units as GHBs die in a fire forever. I'm still waiting for Gangrel, Arete, Iago, Hans, Izuka, Petrine, Ashnard, Selena, Sonia, Nergal, Eremiya and all the Gaidens and Jugdral villains IS!

Ohoho no that's a very neat banner. Its the ultimate gen 2 banner they could have gone full, chuck full of all remaining heavy hitters. Shannan in particular was a character that really deserved to be in the game already. 

The weak link is Larcei and to add insult to injury she's blocking Shannan and will likely ensure I'll never be able to pull him. The reverse is also true for her fans with Shannan blocking her. I get that she's popular but this probably wasn't the right time to add her. 

Now does this mean Azelle will be up next? A Gen 2 banner tends to be followed by a Gen 1 banner. 

10 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Now does this mean Azelle will be up next? A Gen 2 banner tends to be followed by a Gen 1 banner. 

Fingers crossed for something like Azelle, Lex, Brigid and Aideen/Edain for the banner, Midir as the instant demote (but if we are not ready for a bow cavalier demote, even if colored, they can pick Dew) and some a**hole villain from GEN 1. Someone like Jamke's evil brother to remain with the early game theme of the banner.

EDIT: I know Brigid isn't earlt game. I chose her because gender balance and a personal preference for her. But you can also put Erin there if you prefer.

Edited by GrandeRampel

At first I was wondering why exactly didn't Ced have Forseti, then I remembered he isn't Lewyn's son by canon in Geneology, but regardless Ced is boring right now so no green. Even with that being the case, I like this banner a lot. Alteana looks like a like she will be instantly made into a +10 merge project if dropped to 4* so I won't be pulling blue. Shannan and Larcei also look awesome and will try to get one of them if 2020 decides to bring me a new unit 5*. Glad both swordies are as powerful as they were in their games and Shanan is enemy phase. Travant if he has the Gugnir will be interesting but other wise I don't care. 

Edited by SuperNova125

3 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Fingers crossed for something like Azelle, Lex, Brigid and Aideen/Edain for the banner, Midir as the instant demote (but if we are not ready for a bow cavalier demote, even if colored, they can pick Dew) and some a**hole villain from GEN 1. Someone like Jamke's evil brother to remain with the early game theme of the banner.

EDIT: I know Brigid isn't earlt game. I chose her because gender balance and a personal preference for her. But you can also put Erin there if you prefer.

actually they are mostly not. Wyvern flyers have a tendencx to have more physicsl and less magical bulk usually in FEH just like pegasi-riders tend to have more magical bulk. Just like in normal FE games. Keyword is usually. There are exeptions and they usually stem from the Fates characters.

@Ice Dragonyeah as said i know nothing about those games. Shannan ist still hot.

I hope the games get a remake or i really need to get an emulation, because im intrigued to learn more about Shanans background.

There is a reason why Karel was my first +10 sword unit and Shannan hits those vibes at the correct spot and even better!!!