New Heroes: Heirs of Light

NSSKG151

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The banner seems fine. The lack of a 3-4 star unit is the real bummer here. There's a bunch of boring kids that they could have thrown to be the 3-4 star unit. Oh well.

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

Also I get that Larcei is Ayra's daughter but she looks so similar to her in art and appearance that she literally looks like someone photoshopped Ayra's art.

It is pretty weird, but at the same time the fact that she's so similar is kinda sweet in its own way.

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

EDIT: FOR THE RECORD. REGNAL ASTRA SAYS THAT THE SKILL CANNOT BE INHERITED. IMPERIAL ASTRA HAS NO SUCH LINE IN IT'S DESCRIPTION.

NEW INHERITABLE SPD BASED SPECIAL PERHAPS?!?!

I'm so glad someone else noticed this because now I don't feel like I'm seeing things. It's so weird that Imperial Astra is literally identical to Regnal Astra minus the Prf-clause though, so I still think the lack of one could be a typo. But I hope not! Though I'm not looking forward to Imperial Astra being mass-inherited onto whaled units.

Speaking of Spd, we're getting Repel in this banner. It seems we'll be getting Spd versions of every movement B Skill then; which skill would be the best, do you think? We still have Lunge (unit and foe swap places) and Drag Back (unit pulls foe back one space) to go.

I knew something was missing when I saw this for the first time and thanks to you all I realise it's the insta-demote. I hope this is just a one-off, but I'm also worried that we may not have a demote at all considering all four units here have Prfs. Not that Prf-wielders haven't been demoted before (and Altena definitely looks like the demotion candidate this time), but still...

Also, hey Plumeria! Still not a fan of her outfit, but whatever. I'm interested to see if she really will be a dancer like the others or not too...

Edited by DefyingFates

anyone else kinda sad this banner is only prfs? the games drifting towards a state where any good new unit has a prf, and the only old units worth investing in are refined weapons, making weapon inheritance obselete 😞

6 hours ago, Baldrick said:

There’s no shortage of less popular characters. A character like Ulster or Patty won’t headline a banner, so there no point in saving them for the next banner. More likely is them being lazy/cheap and not wanting to make an extra unit that doesn’t make profit.

You say that, YET I HAVE BEEN WAITING THREE FUCKING YEARS SAVING ORBS FOR PATTY OR JILL! SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE FUCK IS PATTY?!

6 hours ago, Baldrick said:

There’s no shortage of less popular characters. A character like Ulster or Patty won’t headline a banner, so there no point in saving them for the next banner. More likely is them being lazy/cheap and not wanting to make an extra unit that doesn’t make profit.

With Ulster I'd get that but Patty is a cute girl with a cute hat. She'd make a profit easy.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

It is pretty weird, but at the same time the fact that she's so similar is kinda sweet in its own way.

I'm so glad someone else noticed this because now I don't feel like I'm seeing things. It's so weird that Imperial Astra is literally identical to Regnal Astra minus the Prf-clause though, so I still think the lack of one could be a typo. But I hope not! Though I'm not looking forward to Imperial Astra being mass-inherited onto whaled units.

Speaking of Spd, we're getting Repel in this banner. It seems we'll be getting Spd versions of every movement B Skill then; which skill would be the best, do you think? We still have Lunge (unit and foe swap places) and Drag Back (unit pulls foe back one space) to go.

I knew something was missing when I saw this for the first time and thanks to you all I realise it's the insta-demote. I hope this is just a one-off, but I'm also worried that we may not have a demote at all considering all four units here have Prfs. Not that Prf-wielders haven't been demoted before (and Altena definitely looks like the demotion candidate this time), but still...

Also, hey Plumeria! Still not a fan of her outfit, but whatever. I'm interested to see if she really will be a dancer like the others or not too...

They clarified on Twitter that Imperial Astra is not inheritable: 

5 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Easy come, easy go. I'm not surprised in the least. I assume the naming is due to the individuals' positions in the story then?

Seems like it. Ayra and Larcei are part of the royal family, but Shannan is the actual successor to the throne.

Edited by Othin

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Seems like it. Ayra and Larcei are part of the royal family, but Shannan is the actual successor to the throne.

Thanks! Still odd that the effect is completely identical though. I would have expected a 3-turn ability with a higher % increase or something at the very least...

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

It's so weird that Imperial Astra is literally identical to Regnal Astra minus the Prf-clause though, so I still think the lack of one could be a typo.

The official Twitters have posts saying that Imperial Astra will not be inheritable.

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Thanks! Still odd that the effect is completely identical though. I would have expected a 3-turn ability with a higher % increase or something at the very least...

They can't give Shanan the skill Regnal Astra because the skill's name in Japanese is both gender-specific and specifically calls out that it's Ayra's skill.

Regnal Astra in Japanese is "Sword Princess's Astra". Ayra's title in Japanese is "Astra's Sword Princess". Lakche's title in Japanese is "The Sword Princess's Daughter".

7 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

At first I was wondering why exactly didn't Ced have Forseti, then I remembered he isn't Lewyn's son by canon in Geneology, but regardless Ced is boring right now so no green. Even with that being the case, I like this banner a lot. Alteana looks like a like she will be instantly made into a +10 merge project if dropped to 4* so I won't be pulling blue. Shannan and Larcei also look awesome and will try to get one of them if 2020 decides to bring me a new unit 5*. Glad both swordies are as powerful as they were in their games and Shanan is enemy phase. Travant if he has the Gugnir will be interesting but other wise I don't care. 

Technically Ced isn't Lewyn's canon son in Geneology but the game also makes it very clear that he's pretty much supposed to be, and Tracia gives up the pretense entirely. I think they could have gotten away with just giving him Forseti.

Pretty easy skip to me outside of ticket pulls. Red > Green > Blue

I'm just grateful they've been putting decent fodder on the recent red units, so I have the chance at the elusive Cain/Hinata/Roy with these tickets. That Panic Smoke fodder is also appealing, but I won't bother chasing 4 unit banners for fodder beyond tickets.

Tellius got enough representation for sometimes now.

And people wishing Jill should be careful about what they wish for. Do you want to her to end up like her friend Haar?

Do note I don't think she will get the same treatment since I don't think she will be a GHB or TT unit, but still you never know with IS. Especially if they gave her a lance instead of an axe.

18 minutes ago, Nym said:

And people wishing Jill should be careful about what they wish for. Do you want to her to end up like her friend Haar?

Do note I don't think she will get the same treatment since I don't think she will be a GHB or TT unit, but still you never know with IS. Especially if they gave her a lance instead of an axe.

I don't fucking care, I am tired of waiting for Jill at this point. I did not spend three years of my life saving orbs for her JUST FOR HER TO BE A SHITTY GRAIL UNIT LIKE HAAR!

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Technically Ced isn't Lewyn's canon son in Geneology but the game also makes it very clear that he's pretty much supposed to be

I haven't played FE4; can you explain how this happens, please? Also, is this true for every Gen 2 character? I remember hearing when the "Arden gets a Speed Sacred Seal" comic came out that Ayra's children had no canonical father...

This is probably the best fe4 gen 2 banner they could have made. Many of the second gen are kind of bland and forgetable, but these 4 are some of the exception.

I guess Patty’s absence could be explained by them not wanting yet anoter colourless demote.

My super small gripe is that this banner’s star units are sharing their colour. I know sword ladies are super popular, but I think it would have made morse sense to give Ced or Athena the bigger toolkit. To make the non red colours more appealing and because its a bit odd that a ‘rookie’ like Larcei has more to show for herself then more experienced fighters like Ced and Athena. 

Edited by Sasori

28 minutes ago, Nym said:

If they were willing to make someone like Aversa a GHB, then Jill as a GHB will always be a possibility. I don’t think it’s likely either, but at the same time Jill being a banner unit won’t necessarily guarantee that she’ll be particularly good either (especially if she’s the demote).

13 minutes ago, Sasori said:

This is probably the best fe4 gen 2 banner they could have made. Many of the second gen are kind of bland and forgetable, but these 4 are some of the exception.

I guess Patty’s absence could be explained by them not wanting yet anoter colourless demote.

My super small gripe is that this banner’s star units are sharing their colour. I know sword ladies are super popular, but I think it would have made morse sense to give Ced or Athena the bigger toolkit. To make the non red colours more appealing and because its a bit odd that a ‘rookie’ like Larcei has more to show for herself then more experienced fighters like Ced and Athena. 

Who fucking cares if it meant getting two colorless demotes in a row?

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If they were willing to make someone like Aversa a GHB, then Jill as a GHB will always be a possibility. I don’t think it’s likely either, but at the same time Jill being a banner unit won’t necessarily guarantee that she’ll be particularly good either (especially if she’s the demote).

Would you please stop trying to make it sound like Jill is gonna be a GHB and will be screwed goddammit?!