New Heroes: Heirs of Light

NSSKG151

28 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I don't fucking care, I am tired of waiting for Jill at this point. I did not spend three years of my life saving orbs for her JUST FOR HER TO BE A SHITTY GRAIL UNIT LIKE HAAR!

Unfortunately GHB are units that are enemies at first and that most of the time join you... and Jill well... just like Haar...

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If they were willing to make someone like Aversa a GHB, then Jill as a GHB will always be a possibility. I don’t think it’s likely either, but at the same time Jill being a banner unit won’t necessarily guarantee that she’ll be particularly good either (especially if she’s the demote).

The reason why I think she might not be a GHB is because of her big popularity, she was voted very high on the last CYL.

But if she's a lance unit, she might get overshadowed by others lance fliers.

6 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Who fucking cares if it meant getting two colorless demotes in a row?

Because the colorless pool is over saturated. I would even argue it's worse than red, because of all the gen 1 healers and daggers in there.

Seriously, try to get one of the newest 4 stars fodders that aren't Chad or Tania. You won't, but let me tell you it's really bad right now.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

Unfortunately GHB are units that are enemies at first and that most of the time join you... and Jill well... just like Haar...

The reason why I think she might not be a GHB is because of her big popularity, she was voted very high on the last CYL.

Because the colorless pool is over saturated. I would even argue it's worse than red, because of all the gen 1 healers and daggers in there.

Seriously, try to get one of the newest 4 stars fodders that aren't Chad or Tania. You won't, but let me tell you it's really bad right now.

Oversaturated my ass. Red is also oversaturated, yet that didn't stop them from having two fucking reds on the banner.

And that's also why I want Jill to be an axe flier instead of a lance flier, cuz we have way too many of them

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

With Ulster I'd get that but Patty is a cute girl with a cute hat. She'd make a profit easy.

6 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

THIS EXACTLY

Yeah I have no idea why people think she would be a 3-4 star unit, I think she is a shoe in for the next gen2 FE4 banner.  There were a lot of units they could have chosen though that I think have no chance to feature on a banner.  Like Johalva or Johan they aren't holy weapon users, just axe allies that join.  

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

Yeah I have no idea why people think she would be a 3-4 star unit, I think she is a shoe in for the next gen2 FE4 banner.  There were a lot of units they could have chosen though that I think have no chance to feature on a banner.  Like Johalva or Johan they aren't holy weapon users, just axe allies that join.  

Who even knows when the next Gen 2 banner will be though?! I pretty much have to wait at least two FE4 banners for Patty to finally be added, and that might take a year or two! I just can't wait that long for her! X(

20 minutes ago, Nym said:

So were Haar, Conrad, Cormag, etc. and look where that got them. Though unlike any of them, Jill is a female and IS has shown a preference to screwing over popular males rather than popular females so perhaps Jill will be just fine. 

For the record, Haar is perfectly serviceable.  He's my current grail project. ;/

Now can we please stop bitching about GHB units in general (they're great for F2P, so can it), and get back to the new banner?

So, Altena's English voice actress, Morgan Berry, also voices Tsushima Yoshiko for the English dub of Love Live! Sunshine!!. I guess I should give her Wings of Darkness. Ophelia has the regular one, so maybe EX for Altena?

Larcei being a mini Ayra is amusing to me for some reason. The callback to her sharing her mother's poses in her artwork, but Larcei being smaller is probably why. Just checked and Larcei has different outfits with two of them being like longer robes or dresses like that of Ayra's and the third being a tunic which is what she's wearing for her Heroes debut. Kind of getting a Catria drawn by Amagaitaro feeling from that outfit...

Shannan having a cleavage window is the best thing ever.

Edited by Kaden

Well, despite my disappointment over this banner, it is nice for Genealogy fans. Shannan looks like a cooler Navarre, I admit. And I hope this coming when the previous New Heroes banner was Thracia kinda hints that a Jugdral remake is on the way. I'd love to be able to play those and finally know more about these characters and the story.

And Genealogy was one of my more minor guesses for this banner. My main guess was FE7, with Three Houses as my second one. My minor guesses were Tellius and Genealogy. I just made the dumb mistake of thinking this was Thracia at first because of Altena and I had some misinformation.

Still going to be a skip for me though, because I want to save orbs for GD Ike's return in February. Gotta merge up this handsome Ike more! But I'll snipe red with the tickets because Shannan.

Edited by Anacybele

I wonder what the update will bring... I can see this chapter will gives us a proper introduction for more stuff from the Book 4, particularly Plumeria.

The banner is nice; though I want to wait before making my move, I'm wondering what exactly will happen in banner of Late January know that we apparently don't have 3-4* demote.

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Who even knows when the next Gen 2 banner will be though?! I pretty much have to wait at least two FE4 banners for Patty to finally be added, and that might take a year or two! I just can't wait that long for her! X(

Stop, you are making me impatient for her now too!  She is like a much cuter Robin Hood and the hat, the hat!  

55 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I'm still trying to figure out why if you are a grail unit it's a bad thing. I've seen a lot of grail units (not just Cecilia or whatever) and they are amazing. so if Jill (or anyone else)was a Grail unit what exactly is the problem?

I think cause grail cost is high for +10 usually, and a big thing is no IVs.  Quite a few grail units are really good though and some have been staples in AR and other modes.

52 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I'm still trying to figure out why if you are a grail unit it's a bad thing. I've seen a lot of grail units (not just Cecilia or whatever) and they are amazing. so if Jill (or anyone else)was a Grail unit what exactly is the problem?

There are quite a few reasons some players don't like the idea/fact that their favorite character is a grails unit.

1. No access to Assets.
2. They have to actually play AR, which can be a painful experience.
3. IS seems to assign a higher value on grails than on orbs due to no RNG involved, hence the low grail output. It takes several months to +10 a grails unit, longer if the player decides to build other grail units.
4. Many of these grail units often have good alternatives available at 3-4* in the regular summoning pool or even as fellow grail units. 

I personally am more concerned about getting my favorites into the game. If becoming a grail unit is the only feasible way to get a character I want into the game, I'll take it. Even if they had Canas's stats. EDIT: Sure, it'd be annoying, but I think having them in the game is priority now.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

Generally uninteresting kits so they usually require a complete overhaul and usually aren't particularly standout, if still plenty competent, once built plus what @Lewyn said.

A bit surprised more people aren't irked by Altena's lackluster kit, but I guess she was less popular than I realized. My opinions:

Shannan - Looks like fun and I like their EP take on him as a nod to his whole plop me somewhere and let me dodge-murder everything.

Altena - I'm really disappointed by her kit :(: Was hoping she'd be something pretty impressive unlike her dad, but I guess it's IS's way of reminding us that Gae Bolg is the cursed lance ;): Plus I suppose she'll be easy to merge if she does demote. And with how well Perceval ended up, I guess take the good with bad.

Ced - Someone at IS ships Lewyn x Tailtiu Same as Altena where I was hoping he'd be more impressive, but he's still a solid unit, even if it is super weird he doesn't have Forseti.

Larcei - NGL, a bit irked she got such a spotlight over more plot-important characters who have holy weapons as a justification for their brokenness, but such is being a cute, popular sword girl.

Travant - YES! Hope his kit is interesting, and his weapon is far more imposing in the main games, but given his kidnapping victim's adoptive daughter's kit, I won't be holding my breath.

All in all, as negative as my individual reactions might seem, I love this banner. I like every character and 4/5 are characters I've really wanted in FEH, and all of their art looks great. At this point, Oifey and Arion are the only other get 2 characters I'm really itching for.

Edited by bottlegnomes

3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Stop, you are making me impatient for her now too!  She is like a much cuter Robin Hood and the hat, the hat!  

I think cause grail cost is high for +10 usually, and a big thing is no IVs.  Quite a few grail units are really good though and some have been staples in AR and other modes.

One thing about grail cost is that it can vary a lot. A lot of GHB units like Aversa have had two reruns so far, so with the maps themselves giving three copies, it's possible to have up to 5 without needing grails. 6 more copies to reach +10 costs 1350 grails. On the other hand, most TT units only have two copies available without grails, from their release TT, and getting the other 9 costs 2700 grails - twice as many.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I personally am more concerned about getting my favorites into the game. If becoming a grail unit is the only feasible way to get a character I want into the game, I'll take it. Even if they had Canas's stats. EDIT: Sure, it'd be annoying, but I think having them in the game is priority now.

This is my thinking as well. Altena is one unit I was really looking forward to - her kit sucks, but she has a cool weapon, so I'm not complaining.

8 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

well. no. 

they have ivs., they can gain more from flowers,  and they gain 3 assets (usually atk/spd (or wherever they are in).
while their kit is underwhelming -  most units now still have to have SI eventually, -and if they were the demote they'd have a crap kit anyway. (that's why they demoted). 

9 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

There are quite a few reasons some players don't like the idea/fact that their favorite character is a grails unit.

1. No access to Assets.
3. IS seems to assign a higher value on grails than on orbs due to no RNG involved, hence the low grail output. It takes several months to +10 a grails unit, longer if the player decides to build other grail units.
4. Many of these grail units often have good alternatives available at 3-4* in the regular summoning pool or even as fellow grail units. 

true. but if it's your favourite does it matter?
I think we all have the stories of it taking a year for people get even one copy (if not eleven - or the right IV). so 10 months for grails (even if you sucked monkey, you get some) or 10 or so months waiting for your copies to come in.

to me - it's 1/2 of one, 6 of the other. there's a struggle either way. 

if it was a unit i liked/wanted in the game i'd be happy that they were in the game. regardless ofivs. (and again a lot of them are fantastic - Deathea, Minizura, Aversa etc). even though lance fliers are a saturated class -if you murder Shigures for Ward Fliers, and Shanna's for desperations (and hate the White Wings) well you've got several options in grails (AND w/the bst, they don't even need duel fliers, though they'll struggle w/prfs vs.no prfs) 

but i mean, i did ask, and those are good reasons. but i stil don't think  Haar etcwere done wrong, and if JIll were a grail unit neither would she. or this Patty person.

34 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

They’re mistaken. You get about 50 grails a week just by logging in three of the days, and 40 grails a month through Forging Bonds. You get grails at a slower rate, but it’s not a race.

34 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

34 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Generally uninteresting kits so they usually require a complete overhaul and usually aren't particularly standout, if still plenty competent, once built plus what @Lewyn said.

A bit surprised more people aren't irked by Altena's lackluster kit, but I guess she was less popular than I realized. My opinions:

Altenna was one of my CYL votes, and I’m thrilled she’s in and has a thematic weapon. She’s not that great in FE4, so maybe her fans like her as a character and not for being an overpowered unit.

52 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

1. No access to Assets.

this might be true for some cases

1. No access to Assets can be a bad or a good thing. There are plenty of F2P people that are stuck on some 5 Star units with a bad asset or if not merge with a very bad bane they didnt want. No assets/banes means you dont have to worry about that.
2. AR is painfull, nothing i can say to this
3. I think this is a rather fair decision, considering they want people to spend orbs. Grail units are still free and IS wants profits sooo.
4. We have also gotten Grail units that were or are still very outstanding:
Aversa is still top notch
Xander and Camus were outstanding GHB units for their time when Cavalry were prominent
Arvis was an excellent (and still is for PVE content) GHB unit
Valter too
Black Knight is still an excellent Grail unit
Jamke was an excellent Grail unit until Legendary Alm came out (he still is decent)
Young Azura is still to this day a very good unit
Winter Cecilia is also a very good unit you see alot in AR
Delthea is an excellent bluemage
Brunya that just got recently released has an amazing personal weapon
Kronya while niche, excellent unit
Astram is okeish but not bad
and Rinea is an excellent grail unit

Half of those units just are victims to powercreep, just like regular 5 Star units are a victims to powercreep. I would say though that the GHB TT units released lately have been picking up the pace again in terms of usefulness (as opposed to the drought we had after Aversa)

There are worse fates for a unit than being grail-locked.  For one, it's a guaranteed path to +10.  It might take a while, but no slower than the gacha outside of extraordinary instances of luck and/or many months of orb saving.  Even if the unit demotes, the chances of pulling that particular unit on any given banner are lower than getting a focus 5*.       

You want your absolute favourites to be 4* accessible either through pulls or Grails. You can merge them to +10 and make a better imprint on their skills, rather than pulling a 5* exclusive once or maybe twice and not really wanting to change any of their perfect skillset, left with one pretty much just like all the other copies you see in the game.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

One thing about grail cost is that it can vary a lot. A lot of GHB units like Aversa have had two reruns so far, so with the maps themselves giving three copies, it's possible to have up to 5 without needing grails. 6 more copies to reach +10 costs 1350 grails. On the other hand, most TT units only have two copies available without grails, from their release TT, and getting the other 9 costs 2700 grails - twice as many.

This is my thinking as well. Altena is one unit I was really looking forward to - her kit sucks, but she has a cool weapon, so I'm not complaining.

Yeah GHB units are much cheaper.  I haven't built a TT unit to +10, but was planning for Winter Jaffar...man that is going to be expensive.

On Altena my prediction is if she has an awesome/amazing stat line she won't demote, if she has a mediocre or poor stat line she will.  I hope they are generous enough to give her a great stat line (that is different from other lance fliers), she is still expensive to build, the skills she comes with are not good at all.

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

well. no. 

they have ivs., they can gain more from flowers,  and they gain 3 assets (usually atk/spd (or wherever they are in).
while their kit is underwhelming -  most units now still have to have SI eventually, -and if they were the demote they'd have a crap kit anyway. (that's why they demoted). fs) 

They are neutral, they have no asset/flaw.  So they can't benefit from being +spd, +atk or +whatever.  That is a huge advantage as very few units prefer being neutral.  

(Travant skills)

Spoiler

From the same company bringing us Brash Assault in 2020...

Silver Lance+
Ignis
Vantage 3
Flier Guidance 3

With Flier Guidance fully unlocked at 5*.  Freaking Silver Lance man.  There are some times I wish they wouldn't stay true to lore.

Just now, DLNarshen said:

(Travant skills)

Hide contents

From the same company bringing us Brash Assault in 2020...

Silver Lance+
Ignis
Vantage 3
Flier Guidance 3

With Flier Guidance fully unlocked at 5*.  Freaking Silver Lance man.  There are some times I wish they wouldn't stay true to lore.

I mean

Deirdre has never used the Naga tome in FE4 and they still gave her Naga here anyway. Heroes says "fuck you" to lore whenever they want to. Basically, the developers are just being shitty and not giving us nice things.