New Heroes: Heirs of Light

NSSKG151

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Yeah GHB units are much cheaper.  I haven't built a TT unit to +10, but was planning for Winter Jaffar...man that is going to be expensive.

On Altena my prediction is if she has an awesome/amazing stat line she won't demote, if she has a mediocre or poor stat line she will.  I hope they are generous enough to give her a great stat line (that is different from other lance fliers), she is still expensive to build, the skills she comes with are not good at all.

They are neutral, they have no asset/flaw.  So they can't benefit from being +spd, +atk or +whatever.  That is a huge advantage as very few units prefer being neutral.  

yeah. you can go forever without getting a +atk/+spd nature. 
if they are neutral they get bonus stats. my ares is being built into a neutral nature because he's better with it than being +atk. (because being netural also increases his speed). 

again it's not as horribly terrible as some people are making it sound. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

(Travant skills)

Hide contents

From the same company bringing us Brash Assault in 2020...

Silver Lance+
Ignis
Vantage 3
Flier Guidance 3

With Flier Guidance fully unlocked at 5*.  Freaking Silver Lance man.  There are some times I wish they wouldn't stay true to lore.

Okay, I get that he uses a Silver Lance when you actually fight him, but... are we seriously going to have to wait for Areone for the Gungnir to show up?

Spoiler

Why give Travant Silver Lance+,  when here we have Lucina, Chrom, Marth and Alm all running around with Falchion. 

"in universe he already give Gungnir to Arion" So why didn't we have him instead?  Also, why Silver Lance+ when there are tons of better lances with actual effects?

IS always find ways to disappoint me further when I'm already down but they always did it every time anyway

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Hide contents

Okay, I get that he uses a Silver Lance when you actually fight him, but... are we seriously going to have to wait for Areone for the Gungnir to show up?

I wish he would get the Reinhardt, Eldigan or Ishtar treatment. But I'm not sure if he's popular enough to get that.

7 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I wish he would get the Reinhardt, Eldigan or Ishtar treatment. But I'm not sure if he's popular enough to get that.

Of showing up on a banner? Hmm.

Based on CYL3, his popularity is mediocre. Lower than Travant, but not by much - which still isn't great. He's now the fourth-ranked missing FE4 Gen 2 unit, after Tine, Patty, and Arthur, and ahead of Ulster, Oifey, and Febail. I'm not sure who else they'd want to give an FE4 Gen 2 GHB spot to in his place, though. Manfroy? He's certainly significant, but... really not popular.

4 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Altenna was one of my CYL votes, and I’m thrilled she’s in and has a thematic weapon. She’s not that great in FE4, so maybe her fans like her as a character and not for being an overpowered unit.

Don't get me wrong, she's still my #1 priority for this banner. I was just hoping Heroes was her chance to shine instead of being just decent. Still, as said, at least she's in.

Spoiler

Plus her stats are looking to be pretty solid for her niche. Basically, she got Haared, which there are much worse fates than.

25 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

(Travant skills)

Reveal hidden contents

From the same company bringing us Brash Assault in 2020...

Silver Lance+
Ignis
Vantage 3
Flier Guidance 3

With Flier Guidance fully unlocked at 5*.  Freaking Silver Lance man.  There are some times I wish they wouldn't stay true to lore.

Spoiler

*sigh* I mean, as others have said he does technically wield a silver lance in his appearance, but still, come on. At least maybe that's a sign we'll either get his younger self or Arione in the nearish future? I don't know. It's just ugh. Also, not huge on his art style, which appears to be the same as Dorcas and Arden. It's well-done, but just not my preference. At least his stats are solid, and he'll be easy to build.

As for the rest, Shannan looks fun as heck. He's basically Eyvel with a better offensive spread and a weapon to really make him shine. Altena's stats look solid, but not astounding, so hopefully she'll demote and be pretty good when built. Ced and Larcei are pretty much as expected. For me, Altena > Shannan > Ced > Larcei. Prioritizing blue and red.

45 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

yeah. you can go forever without getting a +atk/+spd nature. 
if they are neutral they get bonus stats. my ares is being built into a neutral nature because he's better with it than being +atk. (because being netural also increases his speed). 

again it's not as horribly terrible as some people are making it sound. 

It's not terrible but definitely a drawback.  Also if trying to +10 a unit usually one can pull the best nature, or at the very least a preferred one.  Don't get extra stats neutral vs asset/flaw.  Both will give you 5 stats, asset flaw can even give you 6 if you have a superflaw.  For Ares depends on build, but +atk is best for his typical vantage one shot build.  If one really wants to build his speed one can go +speed too.  

Spoiler

Travant is the most screwed unit in the history of Feh, move over Canas.  Travant, King of Thracia, wielder of Gungnir.  I could see if Arion was on the banner with Gungnir, and I get about when you finally face an old and suicidal Travant he has already given it away.  Seems they just didn't want to give away Gungnir, cause if it was a decent PRF with him having a near identical statline to Altena people would be discouraged from pulling for her.  Still, shame IS, SHAME!

35 minutes ago, Othin said:

Of showing up on a banner? Hmm.

Based on CYL3, his popularity is mediocre. Lower than Travant, but not by much - which still isn't great. He's now the fourth-ranked missing FE4 Gen 2 unit, after Tine, Patty, and Arthur, and ahead of Ulster, Oifey, and Febail. I'm not sure who else they'd want to give an FE4 Gen 2 GHB spot to in his place, though. Manfroy? He's certainly significant, but... really not popular.

That's what I'm talking about, yeah. Even if he's not GHB but the insta-demote, I'd still take it, but he has PRF, so I doubt he'll be that . GHB seems to be more likely. I also doubt that they'll ever put the mastermind mages not named Sephiran or Rhea into the banner, so, a GHB for him. Even the popular Lyon is for GHB instead.That reminds me, into which banner Gharnef GHB is tied with again?

15 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

That's what I'm talking about, yeah. Even if he's not GHB but the insta-demote, I'd still take it, but he has PRF, so I doubt he'll be that . GHB seems to be more likely. I also doubt that they'll ever put the mastermind mages not named Sephiran or Rhea into the banner, so, a GHB for him. Even the popular Lyon is for GHB instead.That reminds me, into which banner Gharnef GHB is tied with again?

Gharnef was released during the Fire and Ice (Surtr and Ylgr) banner.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Deirdre has never used the Naga tome in FE4 and they still gave her Naga here anyway. Heroes says "fuck you" to lore whenever they want to. Basically, the developers are just being shitty and not giving us nice things.

It would have been fun to see her join with her most memorable weapon, the Silence staff as her attack (those affected can't use assist skills, and tome users in radius can't counter seems about right).

This Banner is looking utterly amazing, but as a massive Travant fan I am torn between joy that he is finally in the game and a massive fucking mountain of salt over how they utterly screwed him out of his most memorable and signature weapon, the Gungnir. Its almost as irritating as the time they randomly added a second Olwen, and then gave her a random made-up green tome (that should have been a blue tome by FEH's own tome conversion logic) instead of the signature sword her brother Reinhardt gives her on the battlefield of the River Thracia.

Those are some interesting stats...

Spoiler

Altena's like a +Def, -Spd version of her father and more or less has the same stats as Travant. That also makes them like gen 4, lance flier versions of Cherche, Haar, and Gerome. I never played Genealogy, but isn't Altena supposed to be fast? Her base speed looks decent from checking. This is like Florina and kind of Cherche all over again where in their home games, they're fast or decent fast, but ended up being slow in Heroes. I had this feeling that she'd be like Minerva with at least decent speed.

So much for an Astra blessed Travant knowing he doesn't have Gungnir. I checked and he wields a Silver Lance and has Vantage as boss for the second part of Genealogy, so, it's appropriate, but still. It's... eh? They could have given him Vanguard, introduced Guard Lance, or something even if it's not proper. I guess the bright side is like Altena, you can give him Brave Lance+ and have him be a slow Brave unit. Cormag is on the cusp of having decent speed that maybe it's not worth it and he comes with a Slaying Lance.

Regardless, Altena and Travant are our first slow, physically bulky lance fliers for what that's worth. Florina's no longer the slowest lance flier now! Yay! And Valter's no longer the lance flier with the lowest resistance as he beats Travant by one point. They have much higher defense than Subaki who surprisingly has been the sole lance flier with the highest defense since launch. Cormag and Valter were introduced with one point less than him and Cormag's the most recent lance flier before Altena and Travant who have four points and five points more defense than Subaki, respectively. Altena is the new highest attack lance flier with her 37 base neutral attack while Travants share the second-highest attack with Cormag with his 36 base neutral attack. Lastly, Altena and Travant are the first lance fliers to break +43 HP which apparently Florina had the highest HP since launch at 42 base neutral HP and has tied with Cormag, spring Marisa, and Valter.

Edited by Kaden

I'm laughing at the fact that Altenna and Trabant have almost identical stats.

I'm also laughing at the fact that the English localization team stole one of Altenna's n's and gave it to Shanan, which I just noticed.

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Bonus stats are there to make up for the fact that they don't get their Flaw neutralized.

In general, the bonus stats are worse than having an actual Asset due to the fact that 1 point is always in HP (due to it being the highest level 1 stat on every unit so far) and most units would rather have 3 points in one stat than 1 point in two stats. For example, on Ares, +3 Atk is far more valuable than +1 HP, +1 Atk, and +1 Spd.

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Travant is coming with a Silver Lance? They really want to erase all the goodwill they've built up, don't they.

In the boss fight against Trabant (Genealogy Chapter 9), he only has a Silver Lance since he already gave Gungnir to Areone.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In the boss fight against Trabant (Genealogy Chapter 9), he only has a Silver Lance since he already gave Gungnir to Areone.

Again, that's ... not really a good reason when they gave Deirdre Naga, a weapon she never actually used in the game.

Really, the only reason why Travant doesn't have Gungnir is because we can't get nice things.

Fairly pleased to see Altena breaking the mould. Yesterday I might have thought that's she'd be the most boring unit on the banner, but it turns out she's the only one who's not a complete cookie-cutter unit in terms of stats. Doesn't mean I want her, of course, but if she happens to turn up as a pity-breaker she at least has a proper niche unlike seemingly 90% of lance fliers in the game.

That said, my plan is still the (presumably most common) strategy to only pull red on tickets because the maths are inarguable. Not going to be fussed with most pitybreakers since at this point I'm just interested in quantity over quality - I suspect the Gen 4 units that I truly want to build don't exist yet. None other than legendary heroes, that is.

As for Travant, I'd rather any fix not involve simply giving him a Prf. Fix Silver weapons instead for god's sake. Even if it's just pumping up their Mt, that's a totally fine band-aid.

Edited by Humanoid

Spoiler

You know, if Gungnir is being saved for Arion, at least give Travant a Horseslayer.

Spoiler

I’m so horrible.

Edited by Jave

Y'all need to work on spoilering things.  Save the whining for after the banner drops (or after the GHB drops).

Edited by eclipse

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why are you telling me this? Do you think it is new information to me? I'm completely nonplussed.

How many units are there that don't work like they do in their base game?

Edited by Baldrick

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Again, that's ... not really a good reason when they gave Deirdre Naga, a weapon she never actually used in the game.

Really, the only reason why Travant doesn't have Gungnir is because we can't get nice things.

Heroes Deirdre is post-brainwash, at which point she's settled down with Arvis and should have access to Naga. Whether or not she had access to Naga while she was playable doesn't matter because this Deirdre comes from a point in time after she stopped being playable.

6 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Why are you telling me this? Do you think it is new information to me? I'm completely nonplussed.

How many units are there that don't work like they do in their base game?

And how many units are there that do work like they do in their base game?

At the very least, it's understandable why Silver Lance is Trabant's default weapon. It's not an ideal situation, but it is what it is and it's actually grounded in lore.