Chiki or Nagi?

Liz

which one is the better unit?

and don't talk about how you can recruit both with that weird staff that brings units back to life. this topic is about which one is better.

Nagi.

She comes at a higher level than Chiki does even though she gets one chapter of availability. Chiki's level is a big problem because it is sort of hard to level her up alot before you get Nagi unless you like solo a chapter with her or something.

Nagi can be used right away, at least. I know on H5, she'll die weakening Medeus for you, which is, while useful, some may not want her dead. Looking at Chiki's stat averages, I am guessing that she will die as well.

and don't talk about how you can recruit both with that weird staff that brings units back to life. this topic is about which one is better.
There are some actual points in favor of Nagi, not just for the sake of both her and Chiki.

- You can score 24x and have every single member of your army alive by endgame (those that don't like killing off units may like this one). Extra EXP for your army.

- You can keep the more powerful version of Falchion this way.

Chiki.

Taking the other takes out Gato's long-range spell, which can do far more good than a single up-close unit. Maric, Linda, any magic user can take a number of turns whacking off foes from afar, especially with the broken as hell Repair Staff.

Nagi can be used right away, at least. I know on H5, she'll die weakening Medeus for you, which is, while useful, some may not want her dead. Looking at Chiki's stat averages, I am guessing that she will die as well.

If I'm not mistaken, both can one-round Medeus with a critical. Enemies don't gain Defense or Resistance with their bonus levels, and Medeus already has capped HP.

Edited by Swordsalmon

If I'm not mistaken, both can one-round Medeus with a critical. Enemies don't gain Defense or Resistance with their bonus levels, and Medeus already has capped HP.
I never denied that they will be doing quite a bit of damage, and I already know that Defense does not go up much on H5. If they don't get a critical, though, they will die.

They are very useful for Medeus, but you either have to accept moral consequence or work around it in some way. FEDS has no rankings, so there is no standard of which holds more skill value yet.

On Normal Mode (and possibly earlier hard modes) I think just using a Shooter would be more effective than Worm since they can hit Shooter weaknesses. I heard that Worm did awful damage on H5.

Since most people have no problem using warp Staves, Nagi really helps to clear the chapter without having to worry about a lot of bull, and Nagi doesn't have to be trained, meaning you won't have to worry about babying Chiki to get her leveled up.

Gato is only more useful if you aren't going to clear the chapter in a single turn, but not because of Worm, but more because he's an extra healer/mage that you won't need to train.

It is possible to use Chiki with either Gato or Nagi, so the difference between Gato and Nagi doesn't really affect Chiki much, since she needs to be leveled up regardless of who you pick. Basically, both Gato and Nagi are better than Chiki.