Strange fish shadow

At https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/monastery/fishing/ it says that they can't find any information about the Strange Fish Shadows (purple)

In fact, Strange Fish Shadows are related to a fishing quest in chapter 14 Azure Moon. (Probably other routes too, but I only know for sure about Azure Moon.) You need to fish one up to complete the quest, and as far as I know you can only fish up one.

When my sister and her fiance were playing, they were able to catch more Fodlandies (the result of hooking a Strange Fish Shadow) long after doing that quest. It's probably a very rare chance, and their only use after that point (feeding pets notwithstanding) is to sell them for a decent 2500 G each.

2 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

When my sister and her fiance were playing, they were able to catch more Fodlandies (the result of hooking a Strange Fish Shadow) long after doing that quest. It's probably a very rare chance, and their only use after that point (feeding pets notwithstanding) is to sell them for a decent 2500 G each.

I'm pretty sure they pop up using the higher tier baits, and are common during mystery.