Forging Bonds: Beyond Blood (Jan 9th - Jan 23rd)

Diovani Bressan

Forging Bonds: Beyond Blood is coming on January 9th!

HX7k9pL.png

The stars of this Forging Bonds Event are Shannan, Altena, Ced and Larcei, the new Heroes from the Heir of Light Banner.

k76ga4C.jpg

Remember that in Forging Bonds, SP and Hero Merit earned in battle are doubled, so use this opportunity to train your most needed units. 

I hope you enjoy the new stories featured by these Heroes!

Edit:

oRbmMjf.jpg

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I really wish there was a way to buy older accessories with some sort of in game currency. As a newish player, I get jealous of all the sunglasses and cool hats I see everywhere. It's not fair 😎

34 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I really wish there was a way to buy older accessories with some sort of in game currency. As a newish player, I get jealous of all the sunglasses and cool hats I see everywhere. It's not fair 😎

Tap battle revivals 😄 

time to unleash the beasts. that's really only when i use them. 

The auto-equip thing gave LMarth (who I'm using as an Infantry Flashbot for my new Galeforce Raven) a white headband and now I keep wondering why I took Mia to these fights.

Overall very good as usual. Larcei and Shannon's get to show off a lot of sword users which was cool (really wish Soleil wasn't there though). Alfonse and Ced had some nice talks as did Altena and Fjorm.

I feel like Travant fans are being trolled though with Altena recounting how Travant killed Quan with Gungnir.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Is it me or does it seem a little bit lazy this time around? The first conversations of Larcei and Shannan are copy pasted and Ced's first conversation is pretty much him saying he's no hero and the conversation ending immediately. 

I had exactly the same impression. 

(Slight spoilers of Shannan's B conversation:)

Spoiler

Owains appearance was gold though. 

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

To show that they have the same story, but from different viewpoints.

It's still weird and rather boring and lazy to me. It's mostly a copy-paste of the same conversation.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It is lazy, that's for sure.

I guess it's to go with how lazily designed some Genealogy gen 2 characters are. I get that back then there were some graphic limitations, but honestly... Ares looks basically identical to Eldigan and Larcei just looks like Ayra cut her pretty hair off... This is one reason I just don't think I can ever get into Genealogy's second gen as characters. I have a harder time taking them seriously. I can appreciate that they exist for realistic reasons though, unlike a certain 3DS title's gen 2.

48 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

To show that they have the same story, but from different viewpoints.

I mean that would be fine if the perspective change meant like in a book or something but that’s kinda hard to convey with static portraits and text.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I guess it's to go with how lazily designed some Genealogy gen 2 characters are. I get that back then there were some graphic limitations, but honestly... Ares looks basically identical to Eldigan and Larcei just looks like Ayra cut her pretty hair off... This is one reason I just don't think I can ever get into Genealogy's second gen as characters. I have a harder time taking them seriously. I can appreciate that they exist for realistic reasons though, unlike a certain 3DS title's gen 2.

If there's ever a remake then we'll probably see them become a lot better. After all we had Echoes taking a bunch of blank slates no one cared about and turning them into a great bunch of characters. 

Might be cause not that much personality was really developed for most Genealogy characters.

I think you mean ''most gen 2 Genealogy characters''. With the first gen at least everyone has a clearly defined role and personalty. We know Azelle's a shy bastard boy, we know Tailtiu is a little ray of sunshine and that Lex is Hector for instance. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

If there's ever a remake then we'll probably see them become a lot better. After all we had Echoes taking a bunch of blank slates no one cared about and turning them into a great bunch of characters. 

Yeah, that's certainly true.

Spoiler

Altena's conversation with Quan and Ethlyn was extremely satisfying, even without playing FE4-5. I really wish they had expanded on it or even involved Leif in some form. It was far too short. It's interactions like this that Forging Bonds should always consist of. I haven't gotten to Larcei's S conversation yet but I'll be really disappointed if Ayra doesn't show up. It's a serious wasted opportunity.