FE 4 remake ideas

FE4_Best_FE

Shannan and Oifey weren't playable in Gen 1, though.

Personally, I feel like it is enough just having one character playable in both gens. That said, I wouldn't mind if Edain becomes a second Leweyn, as in sticks around as NPC. I would think not everyone at the orphanage at Tilnanogue joined the Liberation Army hence why she stayed behind; but I guess that's a detail that could be changed anyway.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I'd like is if you have to earn your Holy Weapons in Gen II. It doesn't really make sense that Alvis managed to hold on to Tyrfing alone while a the other Gen I holy weapons just magically manage to appear in your inventory due to mystical inheritance. 

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Shannan and Oifey weren't playable in Gen 1, though.

Personally, I feel like it is enough just having one character playable in both gens. That said, I wouldn't mind if Edain becomes a second Leweyn, as in sticks around as NPC. I would think not everyone at the orphanage at Tilnanogue joined the Liberation Army hence why she stayed behind; but I guess that's a detail that could be changed anyway.

That too, I'd be equally pleased if Edain stuck around as an NPC. Maybe had some meaningful interactions with Lewyn, remembering what they went through, or at least trying to but ya know...Forseti possession and all. Stuff with her and her kids would be good, too.

I don't want Adean around. In fact I'm not entirely pleased that they made her Seliph's surrogate mother (off screen). Isolated it would probably be fine, but the game (and Thracia) and extra notes just keeps piling up more and more survivals of the Barhara Massacre to the point where it feels like Sigurd's the only one who bloody died at the thing. There's probably no changing it now, but I'd be satisfied with Lewyn (who doesn't even really survive), Sylvia (so Coirpre can be so young) and Tailtyu (for Hilda hate) being the only survivors. No need for Adean, have Oifey and Shannan be Seliph's two daddys) and definitely no need for Brigid. That's just so horribly contrived and Evyel works well enough as a character already.

Personally, the idea of having several characters survive Berhara I never found much problem with it. The main point was more the hopelessness and the "all we did amounted for almost nothing" aspect of it. Not to mention, things like the Ch5 lover talks imply that, contrary to what the gameplay shows, a few of the characters, mainly the women, never even went. So, hard to die at Berhara when you're not there.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I don't want Adean around. In fact I'm not entirely pleased that they made her Seliph's surrogate mother (off screen).

You might not like it; but honestly, that's something I would like to see expanded on if there's ever a remake. Not to mention, it makes sense. Outside Dierdre and Ethlyn, Edain was the woman Sigurd was closest with, being good friends and all that. So it's very likely she did help him with Seliph with Dierdre gone. So that and the seventeen years at Tilnanogue... of course she would become his surrogate mother.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally, the idea of having several characters survive Berhara I never found much problem with it. The main point was more the hopelessness and the "all we did amounted for almost nothing" aspect of it. Not to mention, things like the Ch5 lover talks imply that, contrary to what the gameplay shows, a few of the characters, mainly the women, never even went. So, hard to die at Berhara when you're not there.

You might not like it; but honestly, that's something I would like to see expanded on if there's ever a remake. Not to mention, it makes sense. Outside Dierdre and Ethlyn, Edain was the woman Sigurd was closest with, being good friends and all that. So it's very likely she did help him with Seliph with Dierdre gone. So that and the seventeen years at Tilnanogue... of course she would become his surrogate mother.

If she survived, sure. But I like the idea of Seliph having two daddys better.

It was already confirmed in-game in Genealogy that Edain survived. Lana and I think Lester (might have been someone else?) talk about her and explicitly say she's alive and serving as an abbess. All that would really happen in a theoretical remake is her actually being SHOWN, instead of just talked about. Edain is one of the survivor's who isn't just mentioned in developer's notes, it's actually in the game itself, like Silvia, Tailtiu, and Lachesis.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

So I know someone suggested the whole the whole one pairing thing but then that would be confusing and they would have to add more children characters not exactly

But maybe they put like two pairings per mother

Ayra: Holyn(this needs to become his actual name not Chulainn), and Lex

Edain: Midayle, and Jamke

Silvia: Claud, and Lewyn

Erinys: Lewyn(you might as well just make this canon)

Tailtiu: Azel, and Claud

Brigid: Dew, Jamke

Lachesis: Have her marry Beowulf, him be the father of Delmud. Then have him get killed in the B.O.B, she survives and remarries to Finn  and then has Nanna. That whole Fe4 they either have the same dad or Substitutes is complete BS.

On that note 

their are only 2 substitutes who I feel would be good for if they do an Fe5 remake or are apart of Leif's rebellion

Amid and Linda

All the others can go be in a different game

Edited by PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld

• 4 weeks later...

Aesthetically speaking:
-Make the map and battle music like how it was in Three Houses, but keeping the specific themes for each chapter (maybe even incorporating the normal battle themes into the early chapter themes).

-Make the normal maps 2D sprites based on the GBA games, and the battle screens 3D like Three Houses.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t staves flat out miss in FE4?

3 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Ah, okay then.

Speaking of which, would Thracia work as a series of DLC episodes?

Thracia is like 30 chapters long with a tonne of characters. It also has maps that are vastly different in scale and objectives to Genealogy. I could see them maybe implementing some of the characters from Thracia into Genealogy, but unless they're committed to making two entire games bundled as one, it doesn't seem likely.

31 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Thracia is like 30 chapters long with a tonne of characters. It also has maps that are vastly different in scale and objectives to Genealogy. I could see them maybe implementing some of the characters from Thracia into Genealogy, but unless they're committed to making two entire games bundled as one, it doesn't seem likely.

Alright, figured.

On a separate note, how would you react if this hypothetical remake added paralogues similar to Three Houses?

Edited by Perkilator

5 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Alright, figured.

On a separate note, how would you react if this hypothetical remake added paralogues similar to Three Houses?

I'm not sure Holy War would really open itself up to paralogues given the nature of it's game design. And we didn't really get them in Shadows of Valentia either.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'm not sure Holy War would really open itself up to paralogues given the nature of it's game design. And we didn't really get them in Shadows of Valentia either.

So maybe, to solve that problem, we could slightly alter the design to have a calendar system, kinda like Three Houses?

Also in terms of aesthetics, one thing I certainly want is for Hidari to return as the artist for this remake.

Edited by Perkilator

Oh, another thing; I want castles to be fully explorable when you’re not busy fighting (similar to Three Houses’ Monastery, where you can interface with other people). And I want fast travel to be possible for castles you’ve been to.

On 2/9/2020 at 8:43 PM, Perkilator said:

Oh, another thing; I want castles to be fully explorable when you’re not busy fighting (similar to Three Houses’ Monastery, where you can interface with other people). And I want fast travel to be possible for castles you’ve been to.

I don't mean to be rude and please do not take this the wrong way as well as correct me if i am wrong, but it doesn't appear that you have played GHW. Due to the nature of Sigurd being on the run from the Grandvail army, it would not be possible to fast travel between castles. Gameplay wise it would not work because it would trivialize and ruin certain surprise events in the game. Events such as Eliot's, Erin's, and Pamela's invasions in chapters 1, 2, and 4 would not work. Yes these moments are stressful but that is part of the game.

HOWEVER, I am ALL FOR explorable castles. Exploring the castle would not really serve any purpose considering the GHW already has a town system in place, but it would be a HUGE quality of life improvement. I think the system GHW has is fine, but i would love to walk around as Sigurd and Seliph at the chapters's home base and talk to my units. I love all of GHW's characters and i think it would be cool to learn more about them. Although i would fear that IS would turn them all into "one trait characters" like they did in 13, 14, and 16. In my opinion, the story can be ruined if the characters are not handled with care.

But with the castles, there would need to be roughly 9 castles and they would all need to be unique and reflect the country they take place in. For example, the castle in Sillise would be snowy and very pretty.  

I'd say, having the Home Castles operate like Garreg Mach (at least before actually starting any given chapter) would be a very cool idea to do in a remake. Though it's true that having to make unique designs and layouts for each means it's only doable for them; and not every single castle.

Personally, though, I think the Towns of the regular castles can be implemented to this as well. It could be kinda neat if when having a unit enter a castle, we get to manually control them and have them wander around perusing the services. The towns wouldn't have to be as big and could even reuse the assets when needed, so it can be doable if it's less resource demanding. Might not be as likely but it would be nice.

8 hours ago, Stephano said:

I don't mean to be rude and please do not take this the wrong way as well as correct me if i am wrong, but it doesn't appear that you have played GHW. Due to the nature of Sigurd being on the run from the Grandvail army, it would not be possible to fast travel between castles. Gameplay wise it would not work because it would trivialize and ruin certain surprise events in the game. Events such as Eliot's, Erin's, and Pamela's invasions in chapters 1, 2, and 4 would not work. Yes these moments are stressful but that is part of the game.

HOWEVER, I am ALL FOR explorable castles. Exploring the castle would not really serve any purpose considering the GHW already has a town system in place, but it would be a HUGE quality of life improvement. I think the system GHW has is fine, but i would love to walk around as Sigurd and Seliph at the chapters's home base and talk to my units. I love all of GHW's characters and i think it would be cool to learn more about them. Although i would fear that IS would turn them all into "one trait characters" like they did in 13, 14, and 16. In my opinion, the story can be ruined if the characters are not handled with care.

But with the castles, there would need to be roughly 9 castles and they would all need to be unique and reflect the country they take place in. For example, the castle in Sillise would be snowy and very pretty.  

I like this. I think this could combine well with moving some of the action to between the battles. It makes no sense for characters to sit on their hands for months, then just as the enemy is coming towards them, to spend their time grinding in the Arena. I would move Arena, Weapons management, Promoting, and some Talk/Support conversations to between chapters. Non-starting castles could function as one-time Save Points, like the ones Shadow Dragon implemented. To simplify design, I'd be fine with all explorable castles having the same layout, but different aesthetics (snowfall on Salaine and Zaxon in Silesse, overgrowth in Evans Castle, dry sandstone in Rivough Castle, etc.).

On 2/11/2020 at 7:47 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I like this. I think this could combine well with moving some of the action to between the battles. It makes no sense for characters to sit on their hands for months, then just as the enemy is coming towards them, to spend their time grinding in the Arena. I would move Arena, Weapons management, Promoting, and some Talk/Support conversations to between chapters. Non-starting castles could function as one-time Save Points, like the ones Shadow Dragon implemented. To simplify design, I'd be fine with all explorable castles having the same layout, but different aesthetics (snowfall on Salaine and Zaxon in Silesse, overgrowth in Evans Castle, dry sandstone in Rivough Castle, etc.).

If the castles were detailed enough, i would be okay with the castles sharing the same layout as long as they reflected their countries.

I know Gaiden is a jank game but i am so happy that the remake left all of that in because they wanted it to be a true remake. For Genealogy, I would want the same treatment. While it makes sense to relegate Areana, weapon management, ect. to just pre chapter stuff, i don't want them to stray to much from Genealogy. Plus I see being able to go to the arena at any point in the chapter as a good thing because it allows you to get better use out of your units. For example, in my most recent playthrough, my Alec and Noish were not able to clear the arena but were close to beating a hard enemy. So i sent them to the field, got them a couple of levels and gave them some gold from villages to pass some gear around that they needed to beat the arena, and boom they did it. Doing things like this are very rewarding and i would hate to have them take that away.

I think Genealogy is perfect just the way it is and only needs a few quality of life improvements (Arden,patty, and dew buffs) for it to be even better.

24 minutes ago, Stephano said:

If the castles were detailed enough, i would be okay with the castles sharing the same layout as long as they reflected their countries.

I know Gaiden is a jank game but i am so happy that the remake left all of that in because they wanted it to be a true remake. For Genealogy, I would want the same treatment. While it makes sense to relegate Areana, weapon management, ect. to just pre chapter stuff, i don't want them to stray to much from Genealogy. Plus I see being able to go to the arena at any point in the chapter as a good thing because it allows you to get better use out of your units. For example, in my most recent playthrough, my Alec and Noish were not able to clear the arena but were close to beating a hard enemy. So i sent them to the field, got them a couple of levels and gave them some gold from villages to pass some gear around that they needed to beat the arena, and boom they did it. Doing things like this are very rewarding and i would hate to have them take that away.

I think Genealogy is perfect just the way it is and only needs a few quality of life improvements (Arden,patty, and dew buffs) for it to be even better.

I understand this perspective, certainly. Losing Arena opportunities is not something that should be taken lightly. Still, I find a tendency for Genealogy to be overwhelming at times - there's so much to micromanage, between arena, moving items around, building lover points, etc. It slows gameplay down, making long chapters take even longer. My approach would be to move a lot (but not all) of the micro-management to between chapters, so that once you've prepped, the maps themselves go more quickly.

Plus, I think this would make more sense with the game's universe - the "urgency" of, say, meeting Sigurd's father on the field of battle is somewhat lost when you can just spend half an eternity in the arena (I know it's a turn-based game, but no "first turn" should take an hour). Meanwhile, it would give the player something to do between chapters, making the expansive time of the conflict feel more real (like Three Houses' Calendar system).

Anyway, that's just my take, but I understand and respect your different one. I love Genealogy, but I tend to think remakes should do something different (ideally, better) to justify their own existence (in Echoes' case, this was Combat Arts and new characters). But that's its own tangent, haha.

Maybe it's because I'm not paying too much attention to the dialogue, but the FE4 script relies heavily on proper nouns and names that I just can't remember and thus can't acknowledge the importance of. In order to help me keep better track of so many offscreen characters, I hope a remake makes a bunch of CG artworks. Give me a face or silhouette to go with each name whenever somebody is talking to Sigurd about them.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:08 AM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Plus, I think this would make more sense with the game's universe - the "urgency" of, say, meeting Sigurd's father on the field of battle is somewhat lost when you can just spend half an eternity in the arena (I know it's a turn-based game, but no "first turn" should take an hour).

I don't see many people complain when they spend more hours for just preparation step before really starting a chapter in other FE games.