Looking for a specific line from the Italian/ French/ etc*. FE8 (Ch13 Eirika's route).

DefyingFates

On Eirika's Trivia page on the FE Wiki, it states that Aias uses the feminine form of the word "tactician" when complimenting them at the end of Chapter 13 in the Italian version, which implies it's Eirika. Does anyone know where I can find a screenshot or script to verify this? Searching hasn't yielded any results (yet) and YouTube only has English LPs, so I wanted to ask SF for help since you guys are probably the most hardcore FE fans out there.

Thank you in advance!

* It's possible that any language version with gendered nouns will do, so if you have any version that isn't Japanese or English I'd be happy to hear from you!

Edited by DefyingFates

if you give me some days i can probably look it up directly while replaying SS on my gba

why are you looking for this very specific line in italian though? i'm curious

Edited by Yexin

13 minutes ago, Yexin said:

if you give me some days i can probably look it up directly while replaying SS on my gba

Ooh, yes please! Thank you so much! I only need it by the 21st/ 22nd so no need to rush 🙂

13 minutes ago, Yexin said:

why are you looking for this very specific line in italian though? i'm curious

I suspect any language with gendered nouns would work, but the wiki specified Italian and I figured I didn't want to rock the boat too much considering non-English/ non-Japanese versions of games are already a hassle to come by.

As for why, I'm working on something to do with Eirika and, while it might be obvious that she's the tactician of her army, I wanted to have some solid proof.

Thanks again!

Oh, any gendered?

I just checked out a Spanish playthrough.

Death Quote starting at 34:50. However, this one says "Renais's tacticians" in the plural.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, any gendered?

I just checked out a Spanish playthrough.

Death Quote starting at 34:50. However, this one says "Renais's tacticians" in the plural.

Huh, that's unfortunate 😕 Still, thank you so so much for finding this!

You know, a while ago I was trying to see if I could look up an Italian playthrough.

As it turns out, the only complete playthrough I could find... was of Ephraim's route. I found one other that was covering both routes... but stopped at Ch10.

It's certainly a tough find. Makes me wonder why.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

@Acacia Sgt: Hm, that's ominous 😕 Thanks for the warning!

Just to check, @Yexin, you're planning on playing Eirika's route, correct? Thanks again in advance!

Edit: Also, @Acacia Sgt, can you tell me where you were looking for the Italian run, please? Was it YT too?

Edited by DefyingFates

22 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Just to check, @Yexin, you're planning on playing Eirika's route, correct? Thanks again in advance!

precisely

to make things quick, i'm playing on easy, rushing maps with seth

i think i should get to chapter 13 tomorrow

1 minute ago, Yexin said:

precisely

to make things quick, i'm playing on easy, rushing maps with seth

i think i should get to chapter 13 tomorrow

Wow, that's a lot faster than I thought, thank you so much!

Were you planning on rushing anyway? I hope so!

P.S. I don't want to ask anything else of you, but would it be possible for you to take a photo of the scene in question when it comes up, please? Just so I can have something to include in my write-up?

Thanks again!

Just now, Icelerate said:

That would include Eirika. 

Would likewise not, though. I think the purpose here is to find something that confirms it beyond a doubt. A plural statement, at least, is not as conclusive as singling out the feminine form of tactician.

9 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

It either does or it doesn't. How does it mean it both includes and not includes Eirika. That is a contradiction.

I agree with the rest though. 

Because it's not an omniscient statement. It comes from a character that isn't fully prive to the details of Eirika and her army. So one can look at his statement of multiple tacticians to mean it could or not include Eirika. Since, once again, Aias isn't omniscient.

Maybe it's just me; but it says a lot that that little tidbit on the Trivia section of a wiki about a specific translation of the game to be the only evidence that points to Eirika being a tactician.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Because it's not an omniscient statement. It comes from a character that isn't fully prive to the details of Eirika and her army. So one can look at his statement of multiple tacticians to mean it could or not include Eirika. Since, once again, Aias isn't omniscient.

Maybe it's just me; but it says a lot that that little tidbit on the Trivia section of a wiki about a specific translation of the game to be the only evidence that points to Eirika being a tactician.

Not really, if I may disagree. It's been taken for granted at this point that the Lord is always the tactician of their army unless stated otherwise, i.e. when there's an Avatar or dedicated tactician involved (e.g. Robin, Soren). In fact I probably didn't even need to make this topic at all; I just hoped to get a screenshot to back the wiki up, just in case I needed to.

Edited by DefyingFates

16 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Were you planning on rushing anyway? I hope so!

P.S. I don't want to ask anything else of you, but would it be possible for you to take a photo of the scene in question when it comes up, please? Just so I can have something to include in my write-up?

Thanks again!

well, no, but it's no big deal, really

sure, here it comes; i'm sorry if you wanted the whole screen's picture, but i was forced to size it down or i couldn't have been able to upload it

anyway, considering the chapter's context, yes, aias is definitely referring to eirika

word by word, he says "The strategist (female) of Renais has earned the my respect"

generally in italian you must put definite articles before possessive adjectices

you're welcome!

20200110_134756.png

Edited by Yexin

9 minutes ago, Yexin said:

well, no, but it's no big deal, really

sure, here it comes; i'm sorry if you wanted the whole screen's picture, but i was forced to size it down or i couldn't have been able to upload it

anyway, considering the chapter's context, yes, aias is definitely referring to eirika

word by word, he says "The strategist (female) of Renais has earned the my respect"

generally in italian you must put definite articles before possessive adjectices

you're welcome!

20200110_134756.png

Awesome, thanks! This'll do very nicely 😄

Just in case, do you think you'll be able to PM me the full picture? It's fine if you can't though; as I said, this is just in case 🙂

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Awesome, thanks! This'll do very nicely 😄

Just in case, do you think you'll be able to PM me the full picture? It's fine if you can't though; as I said, this is just in case 🙂

if the site allows me to, then sure

i'll try right now

EDIT: i can't; in fact, the limit is even lower

Edited by Yexin

18 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Oh well, thank you so much for trying!

i tried to send you a private message, but i don't know if i did it correctly

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I can read and understand French to an extent so if someone who has access to the French script, that'd be nice.

52:20. However, if I may use my limited understanding of French as well, he doesn't seem to bring up any mentions of tacticians. Could be wrong, of course.

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Not really, if I may disagree. It's been taken for granted at this point that the Lord is always the tactician of their army unless stated otherwise, i.e. when there's an Avatar or dedicated tactician involved (e.g. Robin, Soren). In fact I probably didn't even need to make this topic at all; I just hoped to get a screenshot to back the wiki up, just in case I needed to.

Personally, I think that's not a good assumption to make. Specially since some games do bring up when the Lord really is a strategist. Sacred Stones does it for Ephraim; but not for Eirika.

Edited by Acacia Sgt