New event calendar (January-February 2020)

DarkAlf

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank GOD we're back to having two New Heroes banners for January again. Since we're getting a second New Heroes banner for this month, I'm hoping it's Tellius with Jill, cuz after being denied of Patty, I just need Jill to be added to help mend my mind at this point.

4 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Thank GOD we're back to having two New Heroes banners for January again. Since we're getting a second New Heroes banner for this month, I'm hoping it's Tellius with Jill, cuz after being denied of Patty, I just need Jill to be added to help mend my mind at this point.

I'm hoping for a banner with Catherine from 3 Houses, I feel like we should have more 3 Houses characters at this point haha. That game made bank. But if we do get a Tellius I would love to see Jill and Vika (or however that's spelled).

Edited by Dylan Corona

Chill banner has a LOT of qualifying units:

• Chill Atk: Laegjarn, Tibarn, Ranulf, Eyvel
  • Chill Spd: Super Olivia, Kliff, Ylgr, Dark Celica, Byleth M
  • Chill Def: Super Chrom, Sue, Brave Alm
  • Chill Res: Ophelia, Hubert

There's no colorless units with any Chill skill, so if they want color balance, they'll need one of the green units (Sue or Ranulf), one of the blue units (Kliff, Ylgr, or Ophelia) and one of the nine red units.

Ranulf and Ophelia have already been on the previous Chill banner (along with Celica) while Sue and Ylgr have never been on a skill banner at all, so I'm guessing they'll be the green and blue picks. Maybe Hubert for red, since he was released a while ago and has never had any sort of rerun yet. He also has a different Chill skill than Sue or Ylgr, which is the same way they handled the previous Chill banner.

Valor qualifying units:

• Sword: Super Chrom, Lene, Gray
  • Dragon: Nagi
  • Beast: Keaton
  • Bow: Nina
  • Staff: Maribelle

This one is a bit simpler. Once again, there's only three colors, so probably one of each. Nagi is the only green one, while Chrom/Lene/Guy were already all together on the previous Sword Valor banner, so that suggests Keaton for red. Nina was already on both Link banners so far while Maribelle has never been on a 3-character banner (her only rerun was legendary), so I'm guessing Maribelle will be the third.

8 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I'm hoping for a banner with Catherine from 3 Houses, I feel like we should have more 3 Houses characters at this point haha. That game made bank. But if we do get a Tellius I would love to see Jill and Vika (or however that's spelled).

Oh trust me, I'd be down for more Three Houses characters as well like Lysithea, Dorothea, Ashe, or Shamir. But I've been waiting three years at this point for either Jill or Patty, and it's been hurting my mind the longer it takes for either of them to be added, so that's why I'm hoping the next banner is Tellius. Plus we got a Tellius banner in January last year and the year before that, so it would make sense.

I'm surprised we're not getting another hot springs-type banner. Oh well, I won't miss that too much.

I probably sound like a broken record here now, but I hope the next new banner is Three Houses with Sylvain. As usual. I NEED Sylvain... Though I also want to do more GD Ike merges when Greil's Devoted returns in February.

Also, that "defeat 1000 foes" What the heck? What is this? o_O

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I'm surprised we're not getting another hot springs-type banner. Oh well, I won't miss that too much.

I probably sound like a broken record here now, but I hope the next new banner is Three Houses with Sylvain. As usual. I NEED Sylvain... Though I also want to do more GD Ike merges when Greil's Devoted returns in February.

I hope it's a quest for orbs where we have to kill a bunch of people. Like 1000 red units gets your orbs, and 1000 blues and so on lol.

7 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Oh trust me, I'd be down for more Three Houses characters as well like Lysithea, Dorothea, Ashe, or Shamir. But I've been waiting three years at this point for either Jill or Patty, and it's been hurting my mind the longer it takes for either of them to be added, so that's why I'm hoping the next banner is Tellius. Plus we got a Tellius banner in January last year and the year before that, so it would make sense.

Introducing Lysithea now would be quite curious given how close we are to CYL.

I think she's going to rank extremely high if she doesn't get in before.

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

as I like seasonals, I am bummed they didn't do another version of hot spring. 

Meanwhile, I'm just amused at how people are treating that banner as if it poisoned their water supply, burned their crops, and delivered a plague unto their houses. Like Christ people, it was not that bad or worth bitching about.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Don't worry. If that is all there is to it, it can be cheesed very easily by just auto-battling in Rival Domains a bunch.

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Introducing Lysithea now would be quite curious given how close we are to CYL.

I think she's going to rank extremely high if she doesn't get in before.

I'm voting straight up Catherine in CYL, maybe it's a dream, but it's mine haha. At least rate I would take a GHB Catherine XD, as long as she had Thunderbrand.

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

well i would imagine it's a quest where you have to defeat 1000 foes.

Well, yeah, probably, but that's a massive quest. We haven't seen one with requirements that crazy before.

3 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I hope it's a quest for orbs where we have to kill a bunch of people. Like 1000 red units gets your orbs, and 1000 blues and so on lol.

That is too much imo...

Tempest Trials coupled with the new heroes banner? That's odd, those are normally for seasonal stuff. Makes me think the banner is going to be anything but "here's x game", so probably RIP those that are waiting for a FESomething banner.

That "Defeat 1000 foes" quest looks like it's going to be a pain. Time to farm HM in RD, I guess. 

Hmm...that's about it. The rest is standard stuff until the anniversary comes.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well, yeah, probably, but that's a massive quest. We haven't seen one with requirements that crazy before.

That is too much imo...

No it is, I know the likely answer is just orbs for 1000 kills, but I did say it was a hope of mine haha.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, I'm just amused at how people are treating that banner as if it poisoned their water supply, burned their crops, and delivered a plague unto their houses. Like Christ people, it was not that bad or worth bitching about

LOL. pretty much yeah. 

I'm figuring if they yanked a potential repeat of hot springs, they are yanking a second picnic. (boo. they coulda done 3H Tea Time). 

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

just rival domains on basic autobattle takes care of that though(But i think it will probably be more of a community thing)

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, I'm just amused at how people are treating that banner as if it poisoned their water supply, burned their crops, and delivered a plague unto their houses. Like Christ people, it was not that bad or worth bitching about.

Don't worry. If that is all there is to it, it can be cheesed very easily by just auto-battling in Rival Domains a bunch.

Well, considering it took up a spot that would normally go to a New Heroes banner and was alts for characters who've had several alts before, I think it's reasonable for people to dislike the banner and be happy that it's gone for good

4 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I'm voting straight up Catherine in CYL, maybe it's a dream, but it's mine haha. At least rate I would take a GHB Catherine XD, as long as she had Thunderbrand.

Oh I'm sure she will. Intelligent Systems would NEVER release a hero without their legendary weapon. Right? Right? 😄

*looks at Travant missing Gungnir*

Oh that wound is still fresh....

26 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Perhaps they will wait until cyl 4 to see which three houses characters rank in popularity when stacked against the rest of the series?  Maybe then they will add banners with characters from there...

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

Tempest Trials coupled with the new heroes banner? That's odd, those are normally for seasonal stuff. Makes me think the banner is going to be anything but "here's x game", so probably RIP those that are waiting for a FESomething banner.

That "Defeat 1000 foes" quest looks like it's going to be a pain. Time to farm HM in RD, I guess. 

Hmm...that's about it. The rest is standard stuff until the anniversary comes.

Generally, there's one TT and one GHB for each month, one with one of the two main banners and the other with the other. (The exception being NY, which is a third main banner for whichever month you count it for and adds a second TT to that month.)

When there's both a seasonal and a New Heroes banner in one month, the seasonal gets the TT, but when there's two New Heroes, one gets the TT. That's what happened with Brunnya and Sigrun last year. Sigrun was with the CYL banner, but Brunnya's was otherwise normal.

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

Oh I'm sure she will. Intelligent Systems would NEVER release a hero without their legendary weapon. Right? Right? 😄

*looks at Travant missing Gungnir*

Oh that wound is still fresh....

That's why I said as long as she had Thunderbrand haha, I know a lot of people who were hurt by recent...events lol.

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

Well, considering it took up a spot that would normally go to a New Heroes banner and was alts for characters who've had several alts before, I think it's reasonable for people to dislike the banner and be happy that it's gone for good

Exactly. We got 2 New Hero banners the January before, so seeing one of those get stripped away for more seasonal alts struck a cord with a lot of people, myself included.

I don't hate it beyond all reason, but it didn't need to exist. We could have gotten actual new characters in its place.

Not to mention it was just another excuse to make more alts out of the Fates Royalty who have been alted to death by this point.

5 minutes ago, KelluPato said:

Perhaps they will wait until cyl 4 to see which three houses characters rank in popularity when stacked against the rest of the series?  Maybe then they will add banners with characters from there...

I'm hoping they will do it before that, but that does make some sense. Though there have been popularity polls in Japan for the game already...so I dont know. I pay to Sothis we get Catherine before then lol. I don't want over 1000 orbs XD.

Edited by Dylan Corona