New event calendar (January-February 2020)

DarkAlf

8 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

1/20: New Heroes

If this is Farfetched 3, I'll be interested to see what it does to CYL, considering that begins just a day or two later (going by past experience).

8 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'd almost expect the New Heroes banner coming up to be a Tellius one since we've gotten a January Tellius banner in January the past couple of years, however recently they seem to be breaking their patterns so I'm not so sure.

This too. Also, I remember people being upset at there being too many Tellius banenrs in 2019; another reason they may not go for one this time 'round.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Hero Banner. Nice, Welp. Farfetched would be cool. But it could be anything.. Jill and Rinkah not being in FEH is still something strange to me. But I guess either one of them could be around the corner. But I feel like I think this way since half a year. xD
At least this year we have no beasts to block Rinkah. 

19 minutes ago, Stroud said:

New Hero Banner. Nice, Welp. Farfetched would be cool. But it could be anything.. Jill and Rinkah not being in FEH is still something strange to me. But I guess either one of them could be around the corner. But I feel like I think this way since half a year. xD
At least this year we have no beasts to block Rinkah. 

God I really hope next banner has Jill on it X(

36 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

but they did that almost all year last year. a huge chunk of the units in the later half of the year were basically off CYL voting. (not to mention the game coverage etc). so i'm pretty sure it's a given that the developers do take players feed back into consideration and put units they want into the game.

Yeah, looking at CYL3 units that weren't in the game:

• 5. Awakening Anna
  • 14. Bruno
  • 16. Lif
  • 22. Selkie
  • 23. Louise
  • 26. Ranulf
  • 35. Thrasir
  • 37. Haar
  • 52. Jill
  • 54. Panne
  • 55. Velouria
  • 56. Rinea
  • 58. Severa
  • 60. Lethe
  • 64. Keaton
  • 65. Rinkah
  • 66. Fates Anna
  • 67. Ilyana
  • 68. Hel
  • 71. Kaden
  • 77. Lilith
  • 79. FE8 Selena
  • 81. Caineghis
  • 83. Idunn
  • 84. Conrad
  • 85. Nils
  • 86. Shinon
  • 90. Rath
  • 92. Cormag
  • 94. Nah
  • 99. Mila
  • 100. Python
  • 103. Pent
  • 104. Nyx
  • 108. Forrest
  • 110. Larcei
  • 111. Silque
  • 114. Emmeryn
  • 119. Greil
  • 123. Ced
  • 124. Athos
  • 125. Male Kris
  • 127. Erk
  • 128. Ross
  • 129. FE1/3 Anna
  • 136. Altena
  • 138. Rutger
  • 139. Anankos
  • 140. Orochi
  • 141. Gerik
  • 143. Dwyer
  • 145. Shannan
  • 146. Sirius
  • 150. Say'ri

There are gaps, but they're hitting a lot of popular units, one way or another.

44 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

If this is Farfetched 3, I'll be interested to see what it does to CYL, considering that begins just a day or two later (going by past experience).

This too. Also, I remember people being upset at there being too many Tellius banenrs in 2019; another reason they may not go for one this time 'round.

The flip side is that it's been a long time since we've gotten a non-laguz Tellius banner. And most of those complaints were around April, when Tellius had a full half the year's New Heroes banners up to that point - I think things have settled plenty by now.

I do not expect Farfetched 3. They had a good place to put it between books back in November, the fact that they passed it up suggests to me that they'd rather switch to putting the popular units on regular banners now. I don't think the TT means anything - it's just that it's been a long time since things lined up to have two story-chapter banners in one month in the first place. (The last time was September 2018, when we did get a TT with a story chapter banner.)

39 minutes ago, Othin said:

The flip side is that it's been a long time since we've gotten a non-laguz Tellius banner. And most of those complaints were around April, when Tellius had a full half the year's New Heroes banners up to that point - I think things have settled plenty by now.

That's what I'm thinking too. I'd like a beorc banner soon. I don't have the Orbs for it right now, but it'd be nice to have the rest of the Greil Mercenaries (and Jill, of course!) in Askr.

Edited by DefyingFates

15 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

That's what I'm thinking too. I'd like a beorc banner soon. I don't have the Orbs for it right now, but it'd be nice to have the rest of the Greil Mercenaries (and Jill, of course!) in Askr.

Jill can take her sweet time, until i am ready LOL. that would be someone i'd have to try to snag on release not not wait for her Hero W/ or Legendary Debut. (but admittedly, it is so weird that Charlotte and Jill aren't in yet, at least Charlotte is in as a bride but still). 

@Othin thanks for that break down. 

the Chill Banner & the Valour Banner is really going to be one of those things that are gonna get me. I would love Hone Speed 4 for Lazura, and I really want Maribelle. 

I guess they really want me to save for Elise with no new Hot Springs Banner~ New Heroes are boring but if it's 3H, that'll do~

Keaton is pretty sure to be on the Valor Banner considering he hasn't seen the light of day since his debut, but problem is, I'm still saving for Elise, so I may have to skip out on HS!Elise merges if Keaton does end up being on there.

Otherwise looking forward to Sigurd and Lewyn BHB~

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

I guess they really want me to save for Elise with no new Hot Springs Banner~ New Heroes are boring but if it's 3H, that'll do~

Keaton is pretty sure to be on the Valor Banner considering he hasn't seen the light of day since his debut, but problem is, I'm still saving for Elise, so I may have to skip out on HS!Elise merges if Keaton does end up being on there.

Otherwise looking forward to Sigurd and Lewyn BHB~

How is a New Heroes banner with, y'know, ACTUALLY NEW CHARACTERS, boring?

10 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

It might be shocking for you but... because opinions?

Not everyone likes every new banner with new units.

39 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

because sometimes I just want to see my favorite characters in cute outfits and having fun instead of some new heroes. Like come on IS, I just want to see Severa in a cute outfit, blush, and call me an idiot. Is that so much to ask?

13 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, I'm just amused at how people are treating that banner as if it poisoned their water supply, burned their crops, and delivered a plague unto their houses. Like Christ people, it was not that bad or worth bitching about.

No, but are we gonna sit around and wait until it does? 😉

Edited by blazekick360

13 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, I'm just amused at how people are treating that banner as if it poisoned their water supply, burned their crops, and delivered a plague unto their houses. Like Christ people, it was not that bad or worth bitching about.

I suppose the pushback was a little overblown but to be fair it really wasn't the banner that Heroes needed at the time. It consisted almost exclusively of characters that had received plenty of attention already. At that time we didn't really know that book 3 would go quite far in giving attention to previously neglected games and I guess the banner might have been seen as an indication that the Fates fest would go on for yet another year. 

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

easy. because you don't care about the new character (and they add to 5* bloat even if we had a demote). 
like. I give zero craps about genealogy (i'm glad for their fans they have a banner don't get me wrong - same with Thracia same with whatever) and to be honest a lot of my new favourite units are games i've never played. (ie: Myrrh, Amelia so on and so forth). maybe this is because if it's not POR, Echoes, Awakening, Fates, or 3H, i have zero crap who these people are. so basically if it's not good art/good skills or bonus points: a flier - i'm meh about EVERYTHING. i just want something cool. maybe that's why i'm fine with whatever. new heroes. cool. seasonals cool. (and I love Seasonals. like. LOVE them. and i think it's crappy that there isn't a new HS banner. even if i wanted NOTHING from it it's a good way for the team to be creative art wise, theme wise, gimmicky weapon wise. regardless of who it was. or what the theme was). 

but a lot of people acted like the HS banner murdered their cat or something. to me - as an equal opportunity. new hero. seasonal. both spectrums are happy. 

40 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

because sometimes I just want to see my favorite characters in cute outfits and having fun instead of some new heroes. Like come on IS, I just want to see Severa in a cute outfit, blush, and call me an idiot. Is that so much to ask?

nope. not at all.

5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

but they did that almost all year last year. a huge chunk of the units in the later half of the year were basically off CYL voting. (not to mention the game coverage etc). so i'm pretty sure it's a given that the developers do take players feed back into consideration and put units they want into the game.

I guess that is true, but it would still be nice if they continue the tradition of Farfetched Heroes because that is something players have the most control over after CYL.

Happy about there not being a seasonal banner this time around. It means I don't feel quite as compelled to spend for extra copies since I know I'll just get pitybroken by them sometime down the line.

14 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Oh I'm sure she will. Intelligent Systems would NEVER release a hero without their legendary weapon. Right? Right? 😄

*looks at Travant missing Gungnir*

Oh that wound is still fresh....

14 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

That's why I said as long as she had Thunderbrand haha, I know a lot of people who were hurt by recent...events lol.

Young Trabant has Gungnir. Old Trabant doesn't. This is what having kids does to you.

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

That's what I'm betting on too. We can't see when the event ends, but unless it's a 1 yr long quest chain like the GHB Elite ones I don't see anyone clearing it without serious grinding.

On the other hand, she's a woman from the most recent game so IS may give her Thunderbrand after all. Though that's also plenty reason to put her on a banner instead.

Well I think she'll be a banner unit too, after all, she's the first Relic user we see. I was just stating I would take her as a GHB at this point haha. I'm still praying to Sothis we get her this month! I don't want over 1000 orba burning a hole in my pocket XD.

1 hour ago, blazekick360 said:

No, but are we gonna sit around and wait until it does? 😉

Ah, there we go. Someone got the reference that I chose to not bring any attention to.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I suppose the pushback was a little overblown but to be fair it really wasn't the banner that Heroes needed at the time. It consisted almost exclusively of characters that had received plenty of attention already. At that time we didn't really know that book 3 would go quite far in giving attention to previously neglected games and I guess the banner might have been seen as an indication that the Fates fest would go on for yet another year. 

Yeah, they really didn’t do themselves any favors by giving that entire banner to Fates especially when Adrift + two Azura alts in a short period of time was still fresh in people’s minds. I imagine there’d still be bitching because there is always bitching if that banner repped multiple games, just not to the same extent of course.

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

What are new characters if I don't give a damn about any of them besides their fodder potential, LOL?~ New Heroes aren't going anywhere, there's no incentive to pull for them because they're in the regular pool~

No Seasonals means just a rather dull month in terms of Summoning~

Glad to see we're getting one more New Heroes banner before the CYL poll goes up, this would be the last chance to get Farfetched Heroes for the final batch but I wouldn't be surprised if they're just not doing it anymore. As for what it could be, Blazing Blade hasn't had a banner in a while so that could be next, TH is also in the cards since it's only had two banners so far and I'm sure IS really wants to start milking those characters soon. 

16 hours ago, Othin said:

Chill banner has a LOT of qualifying units:

• Chill Atk: Laegjarn, Tibarn, Ranulf, Eyvel
  • Chill Spd: Super Olivia, Kliff, Ylgr, Dark Celica, Byleth M
  • Chill Def: Super Chrom, Sue, Brave Alm
  • Chill Res: Ophelia, Hubert

There's no colorless units with any Chill skill, so if they want color balance, they'll need one of the green units (Sue or Ranulf), one of the blue units (Kliff, Ylgr, or Ophelia) and one of the nine red units.

Ranulf and Ophelia have already been on the previous Chill banner (along with Celica) while Sue and Ylgr have never been on a skill banner at all, so I'm guessing they'll be the green and blue picks. Maybe Hubert for red, since he was released a while ago and has never had any sort of rerun yet. He also has a different Chill skill than Sue or Ylgr, which is the same way they handled the previous Chill banner.

Valor qualifying units:

• Sword: Super Chrom, Lene, Gray
  • Dragon: Nagi
  • Beast: Keaton
  • Bow: Nina
  • Staff: Maribelle

This one is a bit simpler. Once again, there's only three colors, so probably one of each. Nagi is the only green one, while Chrom/Lene/Guy were already all together on the previous Sword Valor banner, so that suggests Keaton for red. Nina was already on both Link banners so far while Maribelle has never been on a 3-character banner (her only rerun was legendary), so I'm guessing Maribelle will be the third.

I'm hoping it's Keaton for the Valor banner. I have a lot of friends who missed his initial release banner and he hasn't gotten a new banner since then, this would be their best chance to get him outside of relying on stray luck.

Edited by Medeus

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Young Trabant has Gungnir. Old Trabant doesn't. This is what having kids does to you.

Do you predict we are going to get young Trabant though? Or even Arion?  Gungnir might never get in the game.

Interesting that hot springs was cut, I must admit I was one of the ones that complained a lot about that banner.  We are in a much different place now with much more diverse representation of games both in new hero banners and seasonals which has changed my outlook.  Back then it seemed like every other seasonal banner or more was Fates themed, exclusively or at least half units, it was super overkill and super annoying particularly since it was mostly the royals over and over again.  

53 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I think that is a good thing though, especially for collectors. If I was still trying to collect every Special Hero like I used too, having a break would definitely be appreciated to let my wallet rest.

I still want to get back into collecting every Special Heroes eventually, but knowing that they will come back every year is a relief and it makes it a lot easier to resist the urge to summon.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

What are new characters if I don't give a damn about any of them besides their fodder potential, LOL?~ New Heroes aren't going anywhere, there's no incentive to pull for them because they're in the regular pool~

So basically we shouldn't get new heroes just because you don't care.

What a horribly entitled opinion.

8 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

So basically we shouldn't get new heroes just because you don't care.

What a horribly entitled opinion.

Yeah, sure. Too bad that isn't what she actually said. Unless, you know, you can point me to the part where she said that she wished that we would never get New Heroes again.

50 minutes ago, Medeus said:

I'm hoping it's Keaton for the Valor banner. I have a lot of friends who missed his initial release banner and he hasn't gotten a new banner since then, this would be their best chance to get him outside of relying on stray luck.

I'm certainly going for him. I passed on the banner the first time around, planning on picking up the relevant ones at better rates, but while I've gotten Kaden and Velouria (and don't care about regular Selkie, especially now that I have NY Selkie), I haven't had another chance at Keaton. He's one of just seven currently-released unit types I'm missing (red beast infantry, red dragon flier, red bow infantry, red dagger cavalry, blue bow flier, blue dagger flier, green dagger flier), so between this and the Hostile Springs rerun, I should be able to cross 2-3 of those off my list.

52 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Do you predict we are going to get young Trabant though? Or even Arion?  Gungnir might never get in the game.

Interesting that hot springs was cut, I must admit I was one of the ones that complained a lot about that banner.  We are in a much different place now with much more diverse representation of games both in new hero banners and seasonals which has changed my outlook.  Back then it seemed like every other seasonal banner or more was Fates themed, exclusively or at least half units, it was super overkill and super annoying particularly since it was mostly the royals over and over again.  

I'm guessing Arion will be added eventually, but not for at least a year. Hopefully sometime in 2021? Which is the same as my hope for more FE5 characters like Asbel.

And yeah, the New Heroes situation is way better now than it was then. In 2018 they were mainly 3-unit banners and frequently had alts on top of that, and the last few months got filled with seasonals, OCs, and Adrift. The laguz royals banner was the first normal New Heroes banner in almost four months with Farfetched as the only real break, so losing another expected New Heroes banner after all that just felt like a huge slap in the face. Now that we're getting new characters at a way better rate, I wouldn't have minded so much, although I still prefer more New Heroes.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm guessing Arion will be added eventually, but not for at least a year. Hopefully sometime in 2021? Which is the same as my hope for more FE5 characters like Asbel.

That means I have to wait a year for Patty as well doesn't it?! X(