New event calendar (January-February 2020)

DarkAlf

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Do you predict we are going to get young Trabant though? Or even Arion?  Gungnir might never get in the game.

I do expect Areone to eventually be implemented. I don't expect a second Trabant. However, maybe in 3 years or something, Trabant will get a version of Gungnir in a refine update.

34 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think that is a good thing though, especially for collectors. If I was still trying to collect every Special Hero like I used too, having a break would definitely be appreciated to let my wallet rest.

I still want to get back into collecting every Special Heroes eventually, but knowing that they will come back every year is a relief and it makes it a lot easier to resist the urge to summon.

It's fine, I mean, helps me save Orbs, obvs, but just less exciting overall~

27 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

So basically we shouldn't get new heroes just because you don't care.

What a horribly entitled opinion.

???????

Plz direct me to where I said we should never get New Heroes, LOL~

8 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

That means I have to wait a year for Patty as well doesn't it?! X(

Most likely.  She could get a seasonal in the meantime, but those are hard to predict and I don't think she's likely to have her first version be seasonal unless they somehow end up with a theme that calls for it.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Most likely.  She could get a seasonal in the meantime, but those are hard to predict and I don't think she's likely to have her first version be seasonal unless they somehow end up with a theme that calls for it.

God fucking dammit. When CYL4 comes around, I'm asking my friends to help me vote for Patty to give IS the idea that they should add her.

The idea of Special Heroes banners being re-ran is actually a bit of a crazy thought. Makes me wonder how they'll handle things if the game lasts another year or two.

Imagine 2023, whenever Christmas comes around are we really going to have 6-7 Christmas banners pop up at once. It's just a lot, thinking about it. Having that many banners up at once.

12 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The idea of Special Heroes banners being re-ran is actually a bit of a crazy thought. Makes me wonder how they'll handle things if the game lasts another year or two.

Imagine 2023, whenever Christmas comes around are we really going to have 6-7 Christmas banners pop up at once. It's just a lot, thinking about it. Having that many banners up at once.

That is a good thing in my opinion. I think the amount of Foci we have for most of the year is too low. There should always be at least around 7 concurrent Foci running at once, ideally 10 or more. This will give players an easier access to skills and incentivize players to spend money on Orbs more often. Often times, there would only be like 3 or 4 Foci running at a time and none of them have anything really worthwhile to summon from.

On 1/9/2020 at 7:12 PM, Sentinel07 said:

RIP Hot Springs banner. You will NOT be missed.

Untrue. I was saving up for that. 😞 It's a very relaxing theme...

Edit: I think I see some confusion here. See, how I see the hotspring banners is less "oh ho, they're in towels" and more "hot springs are relaxing and beautiful." It's a very nice winter activity, and one I'd like to possibly experience sometime. (I admit, I'm a bit shy about public bathing, but that's probably because I grew up in the west.) Still, soaking in hot water in the quiet with snow falling all around just sounds really nice... And for those of us who can't quite bring ourselves to do this in public, there are private baths, and even foot baths. (You sit around a pool of hot water with your feet submerged, wearing your yukata.) It's not a lewd activity at all; its focus is relaxation. As such, there's a lot that can be done with character designs and such. For example, they don't have to be wearing nothing but towels. (You're not supposed to submerge the towels anyway.) Just give the characters yukata and have them on vacation in an onsen town in Hoshido or something. Give them some boiled eggs or steamed buns to snack on, etc. Maybe Merlinus is trying a new venture there, and got Makalov to help him out due to some outstanding debts. There are tons of ways to work with this theme (and we haven't even included Izana yet, who I think actually owns an entire hot spring.) Say'ri and Yen'fay probably have something similar in their own home country, too, even though I think they probably come from a place based more on China than Japan, based on their names.

Edit again:

Oh, they could include the concept of massages, too! That would make for some effective seasonal weapons. Like hot rocks: the sort that they put on your back to relax the muscles. Imagine someone chucking a hot rock at you.

Edited by Mercakete

Speaking of seasonal reruns, what's not on the calendar is Double Special Heroes. If those aren't every month, we'll still need seasonal reruns on legendary banners.

Even without the controversy hotsprings aren't terribly exiting for alts. You could go for fanservice outfits that show a lot of skin but whats the point of that when beach banner exists? You could also go for a yakuta but that's neither fanservicy nor interesting. 

5 hours ago, Mercakete said:

For example, they don't have to be wearing nothing but towels.

Indeed. Some characters like Oliver, Jedah and Claude should have that outfit but without the towels. 

While some variation is possible its not as much as a beach outfit for example. Those can have the typical fanservice alts but perhaps also pirate ones, diver clothes or in Faye's case a spy outfit to properly peek on Beach Alm.

On 1/10/2020 at 2:51 PM, Othin said:

I'm guessing Arion will be added eventually, but not for at least a year. Hopefully sometime in 2021? Which is the same as my hope for more FE5 characters like Asbel.

And yeah, the New Heroes situation is way better now than it was then. In 2018 they were mainly 3-unit banners and frequently had alts on top of that, and the last few months got filled with seasonals, OCs, and Adrift. The laguz royals banner was the first normal New Heroes banner in almost four months with Farfetched as the only real break, so losing another expected New Heroes banner after all that just felt like a huge slap in the face. Now that we're getting new characters at a way better rate, I wouldn't have minded so much, although I still prefer more New Heroes.

Yeah it will be a wait, I hope 2021 at the latest.

I think the staff has really responded well to all the feedback given and done something to make the banners much more satisfying.  There has been very little complaint about the banners this year.  The worst, is oh don't know that game or whatever, but happy for fans.  Hope they continue.

On 1/10/2020 at 3:05 PM, Ice Dragon said:

I do expect Areone to eventually be implemented. I don't expect a second Trabant. However, maybe in 3 years or something, Trabant will get a version of Gungnir in a refine update.

Grail units tend to be low priority as far as refines/new weapons so yeah 3 years is sadly close to the number probably.  

Hot Springs was one of the few seasonals I actually bothered to pull on in the past year. Both because of the fact it was Fates alts and it was a fun theme. Just hitting the check marks of the major holidays + brides and swimsuits was getting a bit stale, I liked something new and different being added to spice things up. Same with the picnic banner, which I also hope they do again. (it was great excuse to make casual clothes alts)

Unless the new heroes has Charlotte or Severa I should be save to save, at least. I haven't had a regular new heroes banner I've been interested in for almost a year now.

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Unless the new heroes has Charlotte or Severa I should be save to save, at least. I haven't had a regular new heroes banner I've been interested in for almost a year now.

Same. I just want Severa like really bad. I’m just gonna enter hyper orb saving mode until her OG gets in or she gets an alt of some kind

10 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

(it was great excuse to make casual clothes alts)

Speaking of, my most wanted idea for a seasonal is characters wearing casual modern clothes. Imagine a banner with all your favorites wearing a top and jeans. I'd throw all my money at that.

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

Speaking of, my most wanted idea for a seasonal is characters wearing casual modern clothes. Imagine a banner with all your favorites wearing a top and jeans. I'd throw all my money at that.

Same, that'd be cool to see. I guess Picnics might be as close as they get for now.

Spoiler

379.jpeg

I might be in danger of whaling if it happened.