Add two newcomers to each game

Perkilator

Confused about the title? Well, let me break.it down:

This thread is one where you take previous Smash games and add two newcomers to each one's respective roster.

Only rule is no characters who will become characters in later games (i.e. Marth was considered for Smash 64, but was in Melee instead). And for Smash 4 and Ultimate, only the base game is allowed for additional newcomers (so no characters who would become DLC in both games). Finally, no characters who are bosses from Brawl onwards (i.e. Porky is a boss in Brawl, so he can't be a character in the same game. Marx is a boss in Ultimate, so same rules apply).

Let's begin:

Smash 64

-Meowth (Pokémon Red and Blue)

-Lip (Panel de Pon)

Melee

-Adeleine and Ribbon (Kirby 64)

-Mach Rider

Brawl

-Plusle and Minun (Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire)

-Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

Smash 4

-Bandana Dee (Kirby's Return to Dream Land)

-Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)

Ultimate

-Celica (Fire Emblem Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia)

-DeMille (Tomato Adventure)

Smash 64
yeah I got nothing

Melee
-Ninten (Earthbound)
-Peppy Hare (Star Fox)

Brawl
-Lyn (Fire Emblem)
-Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)

Wii U/3DS
-Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
-Impa (The Legend of Zelda)

Ultimate
-Johto Pokemon trainer with Feraligatr, Quilava, and Chikorita (Pokemon)
-Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)

Perhaps it's cheating to add third parties before Brawl... but... 

Smash 64

Rayman

Bomberman

Smash Bros. Melee

Spyro

Crash Bandicoot

Smash Bros. Brawl

Lloyd Irving (Tales)

Isaac (Golden Sun)

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS

Dante (Devil May Cry)

Monster Hunter

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude 

2B (NieR Automata)

I want to point out that Ganon as a boss doesn't preclude Ganondorf from being playable. By the same token, characters like Porky and Marx could still be playable, provided their boss version is limited to their Final Smash. And what about Assist Trophies? A number of them would be major contenders for newcomer status, and in most of those cases it would have been prefered that they skipped the AT stage altogether and went straight to newcomer.

Choosing newcomers for Smash 64 under the current rules is tricky anyway, since a lot of who we'd choose were added in Melee or later. And some options only feel appropriate once certain others have been added first. Would putting Dixie Kong in Smash 64 or Melee before Diddy's debut in Brawl really feel proper? What about virtually any other Zelda character before Zelda and Ganondorf? There's also the matter of chronology; Kirby 64 and Paper Mario released after Smash 64, and Star Fox Adventures came out a good two years after Melee. I'd put both Crash and Spyro under Ultimate, but Ultimate came out before Spyro Reignited Trilogy did, so Spyro hadn't really come back yet.

I'm still figuring out my 64 and Melee choices, but here are my picks for Brawl and on:

Brawl

• Dixie Kong - Same game as Diddy
  • Krystal - The earliest Smash that could include her

Smash 4

• Wolf Link & Midna - Would add them in Brawl, but listed here since Krystal is a higher priority for me
  • Shantae - My top newcomer choice as of now, whose popularity had soared by the time Smash 4 was released thanks to Pirate's Curse

Ultimate

• Warriors of Light (Warrior, Thief, Black Mage, White Mage) - Representatives of Final Fantasy's classic era, as well as the RPG genre's four most notable archetypes
  • Crash Bandicoot - A major 90s icon and rival of Mario who made a major comeback in the previous year's Crash N. Sane Trilogy
Edited by Lord_Brand

• 3 weeks later...

Smash 64

Clefairy

Toad

Smash Bros. Melee

Lilina

Impa

Smash Bros. Brawl

Dixie Kong

Lyn

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS