Crazy fan theory: is Anna a goddess?

PlockBlock

So recently an idea occurred to me and the more I thought about it, the more sense it made. Is it possible that Anna, our favorite traveling merchant, is actually a goddess? Bear with me on this. I know she tells Chrom that all of the traveling merchants are her sisters, and at first I didn't question it. But that really doesn't add up. We don't know how may Annas there are, but how can it be that she has so many sisters that are the same age, completely identical, and share the same profession and name. But the most baffling thing about Anna is that she appears in every FE game with the exception of Gaiden. This means that she exists in multiple universes and timelines. Anna is somehow a constant in this multiverse.

So I submit that Anna is actually some kind of goddess or to be more precise a female equivalent to Hermes/Mercury who is most often associated with travel, thievery, and commerce. Kinda fits Anna to a tee doesn't it. This might also explain why there are so many Annas, she can manifest wherever her spheres of influence are strongest. And since trade and thievery are universal she can be anywhere and everywhere. But I'm more curious about what you guys think. Do you think my theory holds any water? What do you think about Anna? Let me know in the comments. 

1 hour ago, PlockBlock said:

So recently an idea occurred to me and the more I thought about it, the more sense it made. Is it possible that Anna, our favorite traveling merchant, is actually a goddess? Bear with me on this. I know she tells Chrom that all of the traveling merchants are her sisters, and at first I didn't question it. But that really doesn't add up. We don't know how may Annas there are, but how can it be that she has so many sisters that are the same age, completely identical, and share the same profession and name. But the most baffling thing about Anna is that she appears in every FE game with the exception of Gaiden. This means that she exists in multiple universes and timelines. Anna is somehow a constant in this multiverse.

So I submit that Anna is actually some kind of goddess or to be more precise a female equivalent to Hermes/Mercury who is most often associated with travel, thievery, and commerce. Kinda fits Anna to a tee doesn't it. This might also explain why there are so many Annas, she can manifest wherever her spheres of influence are strongest. And since trade and thievery are universal she can be anywhere and everywhere. But I'm more curious about what you guys think. Do you think my theory holds any water? What do you think about Anna? Let me know in the comments. 

That's a good point, I mean we did saw there's alot of Annas appearing Awakening Map Screen and in Anna's victory screen in Fire Emblem Warriors since they looked the same as always. I don't think I recall one of the Annas barely told she had any brothers (just sisters as far as we know) and the playable Anna in Warriors never knew who Jake was when she was talking to Caeda and Lyn that Jake might not have been laided with Anna in Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, New Mystery of the Emblem, Genealogy of the Holy War, nor The Blazing Blade as well and gotten off springs and descendants. (Either all the Annas from past games came from the Outrealms like in Fates had) I do think we only saw Anna appears outside of the story in Thracia 776, The Binding Blade, and Tellius games. But, she does appear cameoed in one of the maps for Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Genealogy of the Holy War, and The Blazing Blade.

Edited by King Marth 64

We Emblemiers have toted Anna as the Random Number Goddess (RNG) ever since Awakening (maybe even beforehand? Not sure...) where she is the secret boss of Apotheosis with insane capped stats only Three Houses characters could hope to match. And Anna is playable in Three Houses too...

I think being the Nurse Joy of Fire Emblem wouldn't be enough on its own to make Anna a goddess. Then again, Nurse Joy herself hasn't done any sort of dimensional travel afaik. I know later gens did some trans-dimensional stuff, but I only played up to gen 3.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

@XRay

Y'all be waiting. Answers be soon.

Anna is indeed a goddess. She is not just any goddess, she is the one and only true Rightful Goddess.

xita2qxftge21.jpg

You see those five icons on the bottom right hand corner? The most bottom right skill is Rightful God.

Now that you know the holy truth, let us take a moment to pray to RNGesus for revealing divine knowledge to us. Oh holy one, thank you for gracing your knowledge about yourself to us plebeians for free!

So, show your appreciation to the Rightful Number Goddess by spending money on Fire Emblem! The more money I spent on Heroes, the more luck Anna has blessed me in the game, and what I have experienced is true. The more Orbs I have, the more likely I am able to get a unit to +10 or get my desired fodder.

It's also been theorized that Anna is actually a writer, and all of Fire Emblem is her stories. She and her sisters exist within-universe as a little writer self-insert in typical fanfiction fashion. She's even dipped into CYOA style virtual novels, hence the marriage options throughout the series.

On 1/10/2020 at 7:05 PM, XRay said:

So, show your appreciation to the Rightful Number Goddess by spending money on Fire Emblem! The more money I spent on Heroes, the more luck Anna has blessed me in the game, and what I have experienced is true. The more Orbs I have, the more likely I am able to get a unit to +10 or get my desired fodder.

20 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

It's also been theorized that Anna is actually a writer, and all of Fire Emblem is her stories. She and her sisters exist within-universe as a little writer self-insert in typical fanfiction fashion. She's even dipped into CYOA style virtual novels, hence the marriage options throughout the series.

This is actually kind of an alright, though I thought writers typically improved over time.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

On 1/11/2020 at 6:20 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

This is actually kind of an alright, though I thought writers typically improved over time.

She’s actually like Taylor Swift - she did alright in her initial genre, then decided to switch things up and promptly became...less alright, to put my feelings towards Taylor Swift’s music nicely.

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

She’s actually like Taylor Swift - she did alright in her initial genre, then decided to switch things up and promptly became...less alright, to put my feelings towards Taylor Swift’s music nicely.

Wow man no chill

5 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Echoing @AnonymousSpeed: you need to calm down.

Having said that, I agree that they started over-cashing on Anna, at least from Awakening. I was fine with her as a merchant in Three Houses, but her playable DLC version is a total joke (no supports, monastery dialogue doesn't even change every month, and her "trade secret" quests are totally brainless).

Re: the thread's topic, I'm pretty sure this is canon, as of Apotheosis.

7 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Wow man no chill

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Echoing @AnonymousSpeed: you need to calm down.

Need? I must say I'm a touch confused. I made a single remark in passing about believing her music quality dropped markedly after her transition from country-ish to straight pop. Wherein lies the callout-worthiness? I happen to feel her music was way better when she stuck to country, just like I feel Anna's writing quality dropped after she put more of a focus on the CYOA Dating aspect of her work, clearly at a cost if Fates is anything to look at - dang this story has so many holes and deus ex machinas, but hey, at least I can do gay marriage.

17 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Need? I must say I'm a touch confused.

Don't worry, "no chill" is not actually an insult.

Honestly the best Fire Emblem plot is FE6, and while I've never seen a primary source that's supposed to be a re-imagining of FE1 and I guess the second draft is usually better.

10 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

It was naught but a reference to this

Aw heck that's actually kind of funny.

• 2 months later...

This is a stretch, but I think she was originally a literal incarnation of the Family Computer. Her hair is red, and the Famicom is red, white, and gold. In FE1 she asks you about saving the game and tells you how to properly turn the power off. In that sense, Anna controls the game. She sets up all the RNG business and such, but being the console she doesn't actually have the game data. Rather, she takes that data and creates things with it.

You can extend this to all the other games in the series in a sense. The analogy probably starts to break down somewhere though. The way characters perceive Anna could be them rationalizing the subtle intuition that they actually live in a simulation.