Hilarious Contractions/Nicknames/Acronyms/etc.

XRay

Have you encountered any funny names? Or given an endearing but funny name to something?

For me, in Heroes, I frequently use the alphabet soup naming system that uses an acronym from the unit's summoning Focus to differentiate between alts. Units from A Sketchy Summer and A Special Soiree have a hilarious coincidence that the acronym for the Foci's names are ASS. ASS!Takumi and ASS!Reinhardt are both funny and fitting at the same time in my opinion. Takumi is an ass in Fates, and Reinhardt is an ass causing huge amounts of grief during the first year of Heroes, and he still does to a certain extent. ASS!Camila is probably the most fitting of all for obvious reasons.

I sometimes use the term Waifu Emblem instead of Fire Emblem. It helps me explain my passion for Heroes and 2D girls. I like 3D girls too and I prefer them more, but 2D girls have their own charm. It is not hard to find a hot chick like Edelgard or Plumeria in real life, but it is kind of hard to find a real life girl as cute as Laevatein. Like, how can you not want to pinch those squishy cheeks?

r9z7jyhfoo721.png

For non Fire Emblem stuff, I shortened and nicknamed Assassin's Creed to just Ass Creed when I talk with my friends about it. It is less of a mouthful and fun to say at the same time!

When I talk to my cat, I often put adjectives that end in a "y" or "y" sound right before her name, like "cutie Boots," "pussy Boots," "scaredy Boots," "stinky Boots," etc. And sometimes I use multiple adjectives like "Who is my cutie pussy scaredy stinky Boots?"

This is kind of messed up but funny, but I term people who cross the road haphazardly as "roadkill." You know how sometimes there are idiots who run across the road even though there is fast traffic and you have to like break immediately? Yeah, I sometimes curse and yell something like "Goddamn fucking roadkill! Does he want to fucking die? Look at that dumbass." to my friends when it happens to me.

The best nickname I've seen is probably obvious to several people here: the actually canon "Freddy Bear"! XD

This is the best thing to come out of Awakening to me, without a doubt and is one of the biggest reasons I'm a Frederick x female Robin shipper. lol Frederick really is a teddy bear too, he's a such big sweetie! And as a huge Freddy fangirl, I of course call him Freddy Bear a lot myself. :3

And I STILL can't believe FE Warriors used the nickname for a whole conversation about him and female Robin! OMG, just more shipping fuel for me!

Also up there though: Cat Noir's "Bugaboo" for Ladybug in the Miraculous TV show. lol

Oh yeah, a few nicknames I gave 3H characters.

Claude: Goldbuck

Dimitri: One Eyed Lion or Stanky Boy(come on he probably didn't shower like at all when he was nutso)

Felix: Sour Puss

Ignatz: Iggy or Iggs

Jeralt: Nun Humper